G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:06 pm

scribb wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm
PG-Superfan wrote:
pulpy fiction wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:55 am
Serpentor is even sold out on the UK site, and they didn't even sell out of the Crimson b.a.t.s or Cover Girl yet, and previously the retro storm shadow. They don't have him on a lot of etailer sites, and Storm Shadow is still on Hasbro Pulse UK, but sure as heck Serpentor is gone now. It looks to have taken longer, but it still happened.
It took longer and there were only 205 or so allocated to the UK to begin with.
Where did you read the UK numbers?
If you "view source" on the product page at Pulse, it shows inventory.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:30 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:47 pm

Shipwreck - I’m just sad he did not come with any frozen fish sticks………

you're wrong. he is gonna come with a Lobster. they said it in the reveal.
Count Drunkula
Customized

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Samael13 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:03 pm
Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:21 pm

Ok, now I got it. The Pulse Premium hour did not sell out. At all. The open buying hour sold out almost instantly.

That is NOT the same as an "instant sellout," nor does it involve "bots" or people somehow cheating.

It means that Pulse Premium members (and, due to a page exploit, a few non-members) bought up the majority - but not all - of the stock in an hour.

So basically all of the horror, anger, butthurt, etc. is a great load of nonsense. You want the figure? Join Pulse. That has been the takeaway for a while now. Considering it gives you free shipping, and how high shipping costs have gotten, the shipping on Mindbender and Serpentor exclusives alone would have practically paid for the Pulse membership, never mind any other purchases you might make throughout the year.
Such empathy.
Personally, I don't think an hour and six minutes is a particularly long sale period for something, or that it's nonsense for people to be annoyed at such a short period of time to get something, but, hey, ymmv.
If it was so damned important that you all need to give the rest of us hell about it, you could have figured it out. All of you. Some people just refuse to help themselves - that's bad enough. But blaming the rest of us for it is just pathetic.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:33 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
scribb wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:49 pm
PG-Superfan wrote: It took longer and there were only 205 or so allocated to the UK to begin with.
Where did you read the UK numbers?
If you "view source" on the product page at Pulse, it shows inventory.
Ah, that is such a low number. I'm wondering if the entire EU as a whole only got 1000 then?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:38 pm

Is anyone blaming those that got serpentor? I think most are saying it ridiculous at this point that Hasbro can’t figure out how to accurately meet market demands. Because that’s what this is, the biggest toy company is one again caught off guard when the product they made is short of the customer demand. That’s been par for the course for the entire line. And when they do try to course correct they do so in the dumbest way. The same figures are still on the pegs at retail. They have been there how long now?
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:13 pm
If it was so damned important that you all need to give the rest of us hell about it, you could have figured it out. All of you. Some people just refuse to help themselves - that's bad enough. But blaming the rest of us for it is just pathetic.
1. Where did I blame "the rest of (you)"? I very, very clearly blamed *Hasbro* for this.
2. That's pretty clearly untrue. There demand is very obviously higher than the supply, which means that it's impossible for everyone who wanted one to have gotten one. If I *had* gotten one, then someone else wouldn't have.
3. This is a weirdly aggressive/hostile response to people being unhappy about Hasbro's business practices.

Sorry that you feel personally persecuted because some people are annoyed by Hasbro's continued underproduction of a toy line that a lot of us are fans of. I don't think anyone blames you for Hasbro's business decisions, unless you *are* Hasbro, I guess? I certainly don't blame you for it. As far as I can see, nobody is giving you hell or blaming you, so I'm not sure why you're coming out swinging at people who missed out.
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:09 pm

Question about pulse premium:

If I decide to purchase premium, will I get free shipping for all the preorders I have?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:15 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:30 pm
Ro-El wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:47 pm

Shipwreck - I’m just sad he did not come with any frozen fish sticks………

you're wrong. he is gonna come with a Lobster. they said it in the reveal.
Oh. In that case I hope the claws are tapped up. I don’t like my food fighting back.

Going back to Serpentor’s availability. I’ve been a Pulse member for awhile and I knew from my buying habits with Hasbro it would pay off. However, I totally understand why some would not want to pay for membership in these hard times for various reasons. For those criticizing Hasbro for the exclusive stock, I agree especially with GI Joe Classifieds. I’ve got my Serpentor and Mindbender preorders but I still think the availability is horrid. Mindbender would have totally sold out in one day had they not staggered the availability and people still missed out on trying over the course of those days. Serpentor is arguably just as if not more wanted that Mindbender. 20k was not enough. Maybe it should have been 30k to 40k? I don’t know what the normal number are made for figures with vehicles.

I heard BBTS sent out a memo for Masterverse Hordak being canceled for most online places and that they need to preorder again to see if there are enough interest to set a second production run going. Is that something Hasbro can do also with the exclusive Serpentor and Mindbender? Take actual old school style preorders to see if the numbers are there and on a years time or less get the figures made for those who ordered?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Another thing about serpentor…does anyone really think he won’t be released again with a slightly different paint deco? They have done so with most figures in the line. I’m sure he’ll get a similarly frustrating Walmart release at some point. Or fan channels will get a batch way down the road.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:00 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:52 pm
Another thing about serpentor…does anyone really think he won’t be released again with a slightly different paint deco? They have done so with most figures in the line. I’m sure he’ll get a similarly frustrating Walmart release at some point. Or fan channels will get a batch way down the road.
Hasbro would never, NEVER re-release a figure after the initial production run!!! I mean why would they do that??? All that would do is make them more money with less expense............never mind. :lol:

I have no doubt that there will be at least a single figure release of Serpentor down the line. However I wouldn't be surprised if they also find a way to put him out again with the Air Chariot, probably with less accessories.

Also I found out today from my local Gamestop (Canada) that they are getting Serpentor!!!!!

And because I am a weak, weak man I of course caved and preordered one. It is slightly cheaper through Gamestop than it would have been through Pulse. It was working out to about $165-$170Cdn from Pulse (shipping, taxes, exchange) and Gamestop Canada is charging $130. However that is before the Edge discount, so at least 10% off that price.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:07 pm

With all the excitement of the joe offerings, I totally forgot about the retro classifieds. Did they mention anything about the retro Crimson Guard and V1 SnakeEyes? Will they be offered on Pulse? I’m guessing they will be available on Walmart site on the 6th? I just hope the Walmart site won’t crap out.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:13 pm

psoul95 wrote:

If I decide to purchase premium, will I get free shipping for all the preorders I have?
Only if you cancel and re-order while Premium.

It's based on whether Premium is active at the time the order is initially placed.

The reverse also works. If I'm Premium now, I place a preorder that ships in March, and my Premium expires in January, it still ships free.

Shipping is set when the preorder is made.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:21 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:07 pm
With all the excitement of the joe offerings, I totally forgot about the retro classifieds. Did they mention anything about the retro Crimson Guard and V1 SnakeEyes? Will they be offered on Pulse? I’m guessing they will be available on Walmart site on the 6th? I just hope the Walmart site won’t crap out.
Nope. They didn't mention anything about the Classified Retros.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:57 pm

I had to go pick my daughter up from work and the GI Joe panel was over by the time we got home. I also realized this was not an actual live stream so I went back and watched the Joe reveals while the Indy panel was going on. Once the panel was over it was around 2 minutes until 5 so I logged in hit refresh several times while waiting. The preorders were about 3 mins late going up but once they were up I went straight for Serpentor. I thought about it several times of logging back in and grabbing a second one but I didn't require a second one.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 pm

psoul95 wrote:

Future yes, current no. You would have to cancel all your current preorders, then purchase the premium and then do your preorders again.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”