G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:44 am

Damn, guess I missed this. Will Serpentor with sled be available again? This @#$%in line...
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:45 am

Guess I'm glad I didn't try to get Serpentor, based on the apparent super-fast sell-out. I actually really do love Serpentor, but I waffled a lot on that one because I think the hood piece is way too small. Figured 'okay.. if it's available for a long time somehow, I'll probably bite, but if it's a quick sell-out, that's my answer.' Well, there you go.

Really liking some of these new reveals. The more classic-looking stuff like Outback really makes me wish they'd redo Ninja Force Storm Shadow. And I still really want a vintage-style Night Creeper and Night Creeper Leader.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:52 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:25 am
Samael13 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:53 pm
Not going to lie, pretty disappointed to miss out on the one figure they've shown recently that I was particularly excited about, but so it goes with exclusives. I was hoping that the rumors that he was produced in bigger numbers than Mindbender meant he'd be available for longer than a few minutes.

Really, really wish that they'd focus more on stuff like repaints and quirky versions of characters for exclusives. Even if they release him later, I don't really see the point of Serpentor without his sky sled, personally.
He was made in bigger numbers than Zartan. Same numbers as Mindbender.
Given how quickly Mindbender sold out, and now how quickly Serpentor sold out, seems like they could have stood to go higher.
If anyone snagged an extra and is letting it go at cost, i'll happily take it, but if he ends up being scalped on ebay for twice his MSRP like Mindbender, I guess I'll just do without.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:00 am

Hasbro has been really dropping the ball on collectors lately. I think Pulse is a total failure. It was a way to just sell memberships. HTS was almost more effective. I just wish we had a group of elite influencer collectors that actually held Hasbro to task on stuff like this when they are granted an audience with the brand masters. But I guess the last time those influencers had to go into the trenches to actually acquire the product they review was long, long ago!

Serpentor was my line in the sand. I'd probably drop the line if I couldn't get this. I'm still probably going to cut back anyway due to rising costs. I do like what Super 7 is purported to be offering (eventually) but it's Super 7 and it's $55+ a figure! Anyway, I think Pulsecon this year was pretty disappointing. Just a lot of things that won't be out until the middle of next year, why do I need to be jumping through hoops to pre-order now? I'm actually excited that Serpentor is listed to be coming in a few months but I'm not holding my breath. Could next year, could be next week. Who knows with Hasbro!
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:16 am

I was at a kid's birthday party during the sale. Though - like a chump - I paid to be a pulse member and I logged on within an hour of this going on sale, I missed out. Bunch of listings for over double the price on ebay now. Thanks Hasbro!
Blackestday
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:25 am

BAT wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:16 am
I was at a kid's birthday party during the sale. Though - like a chump - I paid to be a pulse member and I logged on within an hour of this going on sale, I missed out. Bunch of listings for over double the price on ebay now. Thanks Hasbro!
there is an "email me when available" link on his page now. the red bat doesn't have that option. might be worth doing.
CapnKngaroo
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:51 am

The app never loaded for me and by the time I went to the actual website he was gone. Only took a couple minutes
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:17 am

Honestly you have to expect certain exclusives to sell out. Hell some of the regular figures sold out. This was always going to be a hot item and even at $80 it's desireable. If they produced 20k units just for US I can't be mad at that. Especially for an expensive exclusive.

That's why I say just become a pulse member. Imo it pays for itself and you usually have a good chance of grabbing con exclusives or retailer exclusives easily and if you find them another way you can easily cancel.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:19 am

Still no guarantee with a premium membership. Paying to "better your odds" of getting an exclusive seems like some asinine "pay to win strategy" on a mobile game! I haven't looked on eBay yet but how many Serpentor sets have popped up at $200+?
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:56 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Still no guarantee with a premium membership. Paying to "better your odds" of getting an exclusive seems like some asinine "pay to win strategy" on a mobile game! I haven't looked on eBay yet but how many Serpentor sets have popped up at $200+?
That's not exactly an astronomical profit even so.

After eBay's cut, you're left with $170. Then you've got $15 for shipping. $155. Then you've got $85 with tax for the figures, assuming the seller is a Pulse member. That's $70 profit.

Now, 20 years ago, if you lucked out and got to Walmart when they loaded the new cases of Marvel Legends, you could get a variant for $10 that would sell for $200.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:26 am

Samael13 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 pm
I know I'm in 100% in the minority, but there's really nothing here for me beyond Serpentor, who we'd already seen before.

You are not alone. im gonna pass on this wave except for Serpentor. plus i just want the figure but the chariot is a bonus i guess, dont have room for it though. Serpentor is perfection!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

The Joe figures that im looking foward to (so far):

- crimson guard
- bazooka
- classic CC
- shipwreck
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:33 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 am

I just don't get why these aren't being handled like 2020, where there was an allotted stock, but a second wind of made to order.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:45 am

I balked for a second on Serpentor when I saw the $80 price tag. I said I wasn't going to get it if it was over $60. But my kid REALLY wants one, and I justified it by making it a Christmas Present. Then I went back and snagged 2 BATs, Covergirl, Falcon, and Outback. My KId LOVES the BATs so I knew he'd want a few, and they are scheduled for April which is his birthday month. And I was going to pass on Outback as I like the TF version, but my kid likes him. And we have weird combined and simultaneously parallel Joe collections. So it all works.
Count Drunkula
Customized

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:48 am

So...I'm confused. No, it is not a new situation. Anyway, I got my Serpentor at the top of the hour. When I looked at Pulse 49 minutes after the sale started, Serpentor was still available. Yet people here are saying he sold out in a couple of minutes? I did not complete my own order within a couple of minutes and, again, I know I saw him available 49 minutes past the first hour of the sale. I specifically checked and thought to myself, great, I won't have to hear people complain about missing out. But here we are.

Is the site showing things available that are not to some of us?

Or is there some regional weirdness going on?

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics