G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:49 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am
Well my store is gearing up for a remodel that includes expanding alot of areas like action figures and we are getting alot of new freight in that we don't currently carry.

We got a case of joes in, spirit, ss and officer, first time in a long time I've seen new joes. So in the US, in the Midwest that's the case getting out there I guess.
My store's backroom is filled to the brim with pallets of freight waiting for resets, and they're moving older freight out into containers in the parking lot I haven't seen a hint of Joes (or the McFarlane Super Powers) figures at my store yet, but our toy department is currently a mess due to cuts in hours, which means toys take a back seat to the back to school push.

I found Spirit and the Officer at a different Walmart 2 weeks ago here in Maryland, so they do seem to be trickling out. I likely just depends on how fast the individual stores either complete the resets of find the cases to put out.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 pm

BBTS is processing my order of 3 Alley Vipers. So, anyone who had them pre ordered there, be on the lookout. They should be shipping soon. Hopefully my 3 B.A.T.'s aren't far behind.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Was just going through the spreadsheet of all my pre-orders and I still have 23 figures on Pre-order for this line (that includes doubles of Crimson Guard - so 22 unique figures). That seems like a fair bit actually considering how many I already have. That is also not counting the HISS peeps though I probably should.

I am starting to contemplate going out looking for Tomax/Xamot and Stalker at retail rather than waiting for my online orders since I'm itching for some new Classified.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:49 pm
Magnuz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am
Well my store is gearing up for a remodel that includes expanding alot of areas like action figures and we are getting alot of new freight in that we don't currently carry.

We got a case of joes in, spirit, ss and officer, first time in a long time I've seen new joes. So in the US, in the Midwest that's the case getting out there I guess.
My store's backroom is filled to the brim with pallets of freight waiting for resets, and they're moving older freight out into containers in the parking lot I haven't seen a hint of Joes (or the McFarlane Super Powers) figures at my store yet, but our toy department is currently a mess due to cuts in hours, which means toys take a back seat to the back to school push.

I found Spirit and the Officer at a different Walmart 2 weeks ago here in Maryland, so they do seem to be trickling out. I likely just depends on how fast the individual stores either complete the resets of find the cases to put out.
Yeah I have the luxury if working at a division 1 store so it's not a big supercenter just a small old style store and we have less overall freight and demand and can stay on top of things better.

With the remodel coming though we are seeing massive influx of new freight we are having to palletize and store and I just got lucky seeing the joes so the guy over toys put them out.

Funnily I grabbed a spirit and ss, the next morning I came in and the rest were gone.

The one plus with this remodel is expanding action figures so with joes we are also getting mcfarlane dc which we've never had so I'm excited to be able to maybe find more in my own store.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 pm
BBTS is processing my order of 3 Alley Vipers. So, anyone who had them pre ordered there, be on the lookout. They should be shipping soon. Hopefully my 3 B.A.T.'s aren't far behind.
Croc Master as well.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:31 am

Bilbo_Figgins wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:54 pm
I'm salivating for a Classified NIGHT VIPER!
Not a good idea to eat plastic. could be toxic.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am

Mr potatohead wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:08 pm
I was just going to ask if anyone had found Spirit/Officer/Storm Shadow wave in stores. Haven't seen or heard of them being in Mich yet.
Yes, here in FL, ive seen SS, officer and spirit at my LCS.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:30 am

Both BAT and Alley Viper were up for $24.99 on amazon at some point during the day.

I couldn't buy either cause I'm broke.

It's a rotten feeling to not even be able to pick up figures you want cause you don't have two nickels to rub together. Haven't felt like this since middle school.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:48 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am
Mr potatohead wrote:
I was just going to ask if anyone had found Spirit/Officer/Storm Shadow wave in stores. Haven't seen or heard of them being in Mich yet.
I always forget to look at LCS. I should at least try to look at them in person even if I won't buy because of the high mark-ups they do on standard fare.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm

os189 wrote:
Both BAT and Alley Viper were up for $24.99 on amazon at some point during the day.

It's a rotten feeling to not even be able to pick up figures you want cause you don't have two nickels to rub together. Haven't felt like this since middle school.
You'd be surprised at how many people I know that are selling plasma right now to cover some non-toy-related costs. There's always that I suppose.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:59 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm
os189 wrote:

You'd be surprised at how many people I know that are selling plasma right now to cover some non-toy-related costs. There's always that I suppose.
It’s a fast growing club. Had unexpected costs this month, and I might as well be broke. Way I figure it, I’ve got $2 to last m until next month. Should make things.. interesting. Definitely puts a damper on the fun purchases. :cry:
kboe1313
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:08 pm

If you have a hard time paying your bills I'd recommend getting out of collecting. There's alot more important things in life other than toys, it's not worth struggling over them. I'd rather have toy FOMO over life FOMO.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:11 pm

For years I bought toys without a thought of financial consequences, now I'm being hit with some major expenses (car repairs and new roof). Not sure how I feel about laying off collecting until I take care of these matters.
xTIMMYxCOREx
HULK SMASH!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:11 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
Where in Florida? Know any good shops around Tampa?
kboe1313
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:55 pm

Looking at the Marvel Legends reveals today makes me so happy I dropped Legends for Classified.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”