G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:52 pm

Isn’t there like two TRUs left in the US at some malls? Like there still being one Blockbuster video store in Oregon.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:33 am

The Last Giraffe.

The Last of TRUS.

The Last Camp Geoffrey Scout.

Picked up Croc Master tonight. Had been in TRU Maple Edition Thursday and seen nothing, didn't think they'd stock after Canada Day.

Glad I had that astral plane urge.

And I grabbed that clearanced Baroness.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:56 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:43 pm
Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:14 pm
MollyMillions wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:18 am
Would anyone with the Baroness retro open see about her glasses fitting on the lizard wave Spider-Woman?

I know this is a specific ask.
Retro Baroness isn’t out yet.
Ah, thanks. I'd seen some reviews on YT and in hands on social and was hoping she was out beyond the early leak.

I'll just grab a clearance one from TRU and Thanos this project.
What you're seeing are likely people who got a "goodie box" with a bunch of Joe stuff from Hasbro. I know Toy Galaxy, Toy Bro, Robo and others got it.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:10 am

Was just playing with my movie Snake Eyes and I just gotta say, whoever sculpted the butt on this guy needs to sculpt a Captain America.

Some guys have some thicc dumpys/cake for days and I appreciate that kind of body diversity in my collection.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:48 am

I'm glad that they announced a Dreadnok for next year on that QnA. I don't know why, but I always think of Buzzer first when I think of the Dreadnoks, but I need all of them so I suppose the order of release doesn't really matter. I'm curious to see their take on Firefly this time around. From the comments on the QnA, I'm assuming he'll be way more like V1.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:12 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:56 am
MollyMillions wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:43 pm
Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:14 pm

Retro Baroness isn’t out yet.
Ah, thanks. I'd seen some reviews on YT and in hands on social and was hoping she was out beyond the early leak.

I'll just grab a clearance one from TRU and Thanos this project.
What you're seeing are likely people who got a "goodie box" with a bunch of Joe stuff from Hasbro. I know Toy Galaxy, Toy Bro, Robo and others got it.
Very likely, but it did hit the Pacific Northwest earlier this year and I was hoping some lucky board member had the connect.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:56 am

Yes, that Pacific Northwest seemed to have been a one off.

The carded Classified figures are starting to arrive in Europe. Zavvi UK got the carded Lady Jaye before the weekend.

No word on Gung Ho or the Baroness, yet.

I had hoped Walmart would have been faster to save trans-Atlantic shipping but it looks like a repeat of the PP Viper, BAT and TF Outback.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:59 pm

Matthew K wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:48 am
I'm glad that they announced a Dreadnok for next year on that QnA. I don't know why, but I always think of Buzzer first when I think of the Dreadnoks
Makes sense. When Zartan wasn't around, Buzzer was often portrayed as the leader of the 'noks in the toon and comic. Also, I believe his filecard said he was an Ivy League college type who had a wild streak that drew him to biker life so I imagine he's way smarter than the average Dreadnok.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:37 pm

Has anyone broken a Classified hip yet? My new Spirit figure has some serious white stress marks in his hip plastic and I'm wondering what to do next. Ignore them? Return him and get another?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 pm

My Spirit had the hip stress marks as well on the ball peg. Must have been from when I first tried moving the leg up and down and even though it moved, something felt off so that’s when I checked. I forgot about the almost mandatory rule of using shock oil on any new Joes purchased although I didn’t need to do this on any of the Bats or AV. I put shock oil on Storm Shadow just to be safe since he most likely came from the same batch as Spirit.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:23 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Has anyone broken a Classified hip yet? My new Spirit figure has some serious white stress marks in his hips and I'm wondering what to do next. Ignore them? Return him and get another?
Use coco butter for stress marks on the skin.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:26 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:23 pm
vicious7171 wrote:
Has anyone broken a Classified hip yet? My new Spirit figure has some serious white stress marks in his hips and I'm wondering what to do next. Ignore them? Return him and get another?
Use coco butter for stress marks on the skin.
Solid advice. Can you recommend a night cream?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:08 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:51 pm
Femme Cobra Troopers ALL DAY LONG.
I need at least the basics:
-Trooper
-Officer
-Viper
-Crimson Guard

But I would take femme versions of any and all Cobra troops, very much including the BAT. Diversity in the ranks is amazing, and it looks like current Hasbro will take a less . . . cheesecake approach than the Collectors Club did with their balloon-chested femme Cobras.

And I want them to do a Red Ninja repaint so they're not all throwing a sausage party, either.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:54 pm

Hope they make some of those Female Cobra Troopers in different decos. Thats pretty sweet.

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:19 am

Took a few days to find the time to open him up, but I finally cracked Croc Master and man, I know they make us wait forever for new figures, but when Classified nails it, they NAIL it. What a phenomenal action figure. Croc Master himself is amazing, and all the stuff he comes with is perfect. Fiona's gorgeous. I didn't even realize there were two baby crocs included! I can't say he's my favorite figure in the line because the competition for amazing figures is fierce, but what a great job they did on him. I was worried about bad hips or something like that given I've had some bad luck here and there but no QC issues.

Really hoping the other figures coming this week are good on QC, too. Got charged for Spirit/SS/Officer and I believe (?) Pulse has shipped them all, but I don't feel like scrounging through their weird order history to check for sure.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”