G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4397
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:02 pm

Has there been any joe known for wearing a ghillie suit? If not, who would be most likely to wear one? Stalker? Low Light? Ghillie suit would be a nice accessory for a Joe. Maybe be included in a weapons pack in the future.
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FL
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:48 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:02 pm
Has there been any joe known for wearing a ghillie suit? If not, who would be most likely to wear one? Stalker? Low Light? Ghillie suit would be a nice accessory for a Joe. Maybe be included in a weapons pack in the future.
tunnel rat, outback, zartan, beach head, firefly or dusty
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4397
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Hmm. Seems like there’s precedent for the ghillie then. Maybe in different greens and brown. Maybe it can be a slip on jumpsuit for the figure and held in place by Velcro on the back. Or buttons.
User avatar
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Australia
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:00 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 pm

Not a proper ghillie suit but Ambush was pretty close

https://www.3djoes.com/ambush.html
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4397
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:02 pm

There we go. I don’t remember the later joes much as I moved on to other things by that time. I can see Hasbro updating this guy into having a proper ghillie suit along with the rest of his camo gear for the classifieds line. He just shot up into my top wants now. His bio is pretty funny and badass at the same time. Lol.
User avatar
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1221
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:30 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 pm
Not a proper ghillie suit but Ambush was pretty close

https://www.3djoes.com/ambush.html
This guy's facial hair makes me think all he says is "Harumpf!"
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FL
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:14 am

hmm, dont remember Ambush? how weird. was he in the cartoon?
then again the GI Joe roster is huge, wont remeber everybody.
hasbro can make classifieds for 20 years
User avatar
Junkpile
one man's trash...
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 6928
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:03 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:26 am

maczero wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:30 pm
TheFallen wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 pm
Not a proper ghillie suit but Ambush was pretty close

https://www.3djoes.com/ambush.html
This guy's facial hair makes me think all he says is "Harumpf!"
"Meet Lemmy, our new jungle mission specialist."
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:38 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:14 am
hmm, dont remember Ambush? how weird. was he in the cartoon?
then again the GI Joe roster is huge, wont remeber everybody.
hasbro can make classifieds for 20 years
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9GJawpJU9Q

Ambush was one of the less goofy ninties Joes.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4397
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:34 am

I like Muskrat. Always found that mini board he came with pretty cool. He was the natural enemy of the Dreadnoks in my mind.
User avatar
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Australia
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:00 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:26 am

That makes sense since he is a swamp fighter.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about Outback being a rival to Shadow Tracker and it got me thinking about other rivals.

If not Outback then Recondo would be a good rival for Shadow Tracker.
Outback would work against Skullbuster
Duke vs Blackout
Bulletproof vs Headman

Any others you can think of who could be rivals?
piggyv01
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:23 am

TheFallen wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:26 am
That makes sense since he is a swamp fighter.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about Outback being a rival to Shadow Tracker and it got me thinking about other rivals.

If not Outback then Recondo would be a good rival for Shadow Tracker.
Outback would work against Skullbuster
Duke vs Blackout
Bulletproof vs Headman

Any others you can think of who could be rivals?
I could see Spirit vs Shadow Tracker...especially POC "Billy" Spirit.
User avatar
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5746
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:58 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:14 pm

Ro-El wrote:Has there been any joe known for wearing a ghillie suit? If not, who would be most likely to wear one? Stalker? Low Light? Ghillie suit would be a nice accessory for a Joe. Maybe be included in a weapons pack in the future.
I wouldn't consider him terribly known for anything, but there was a 2 pack I remember chasing down because it included Crosshair with a ghillie suit. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The Valley, SoCal
Posts: 5017
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:22 pm

Crosshair would be a great nu-Joe to throw into Classified.

Some potential rivals:
-Fast-Draw/Metalhead
-Repeater/SAW-Viper
-Countdown/TARGAT
-Col. Courage/Overlord
-Kamakura/Billy
-Lifeline/Scalpel
-Clean-Sweep/Cesspool
-Robo-JOE/Overkill
-Cover Girl/Thrasher
-Bullhorn/Interrogator
-Hawk (flight suit)/Cobra Commander (battle armor)
User avatar
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:22 am

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:22 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:38 am
Night Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:14 am
hmm, dont remember Ambush? how weird. was he in the cartoon?
then again the GI Joe roster is huge, wont remeber everybody.
hasbro can make classifieds for 20 years
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9GJawpJU9Q

Ambush was one of the less goofy ninties Joes.
90's Joes get a bad rap, but 1990 itself was a solid year. https://www.yojoe.com/action/90/

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”