G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 pm

They said he will come with vintage inspired weapons
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:32 pm

Nice. I hate Gung Ho’s current weapons. I’ll take vintage inspired ones over his current armament.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:35 pm

I like the original Gung-Ho, except for the weapons.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:39 pm

I'm not even a fan of Gung-Ho, but those half-grenades on his vest bug me, and even though I have no plans to pick up the figure,I do hope those wind up being more three dimensional on the finished product.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:04 am

Bubs wrote:
I'm not even a fan of Gung-Ho, but those half-grenades on his vest bug me, and even though I have no plans to pick up the figure,I do hope those wind up being more three dimensional on the finished product.
Good eye. They are also clipping with his shirt pockets. Something to keep an eye out for when the first presses are being reviewed.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:21 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:The unashamedly ridiculous youtube chat commenters that unload a stream of negative bullshit--usually along the lines of "Hasbro is "greedy" and "lazy", why aren't you doing exactly what IIIIIIIIIII want"--need to be put over someone's knee and spanked until they lose consciousness and then go through a rigorous deprogramming process where all of their internet-feuled consequence-free lack of social graces are cleansed from their personality. Maybe then they can be reintegrated back into polite society with a little bit of gratitude, humility and class.
I could not have said it better. Sometimes, I really, really hate collectors. Not you guys though. You guys are cool.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

piggyv01
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:30 am

Crimson Twins look like they belong on vintage cardback. I never liked them (I'd've preferred suited) and they're a little too RAH for my tastes but I'll still get them. Zartan and Major Bludd have been my favourites thus far. Vintage inspired but with updates, nicely balanced.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:30 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:04 am
Bubs wrote:
Good eye. They are also clipping with his shirt pockets. Something to keep an eye out for when the first presses are being reviewed.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's bizarre.
piggyv01
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:33 am

I was never able to get any Vipers, so the 3 pack is perfect for me. I actually prefer the darker colours too.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:31 am

Since someone mentioned him, if they're going to do rereleased, I'd be down for Bludd. I never saw him and missed him every time he went back up. He was one of my top wants, so he's a conspicuous absence for my Cobra guys.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:54 am

Very happy with the reveals today. Xamot and Tomax were favorites as a kid. Love the colors on LJ and GH. Not sure I need either Baroness or Destro. Stalker is a very welcome add as well.

I will get CC and Duke O-Rings, but will pass on the troop builders.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:12 am

I’m liking them all but I have to say Stalker is the joe I’m most anticipating. He was the second joe I first laid eyes on besides SnakeEyes before I even knew what GI Joe was. It’s also nice to get another of the original 13 as well.

Tomax and Xamot- l had a blast having these two as a kid. It will be nice to own updated versions. But for some reason I now need a Cobra Ferret.

Sunbird Repaints- I welcome these. I need that Gung Ho for sure.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:28 am

Of the new reveals, I definitely need Stalker and Baroness. Missed out on the Cobra Island Baroness (and I didn't want the bike anyway), so she's a very welcome rerelease.

Stalker is definitely the one I was anticipating most, after reading some of the Marvel Comics run lately he's quickly become my third favorite Joe behind Snake Eyes and Beachhead. The figure definitely doesn't disappoint. I will echo the sentiment that the uniform does look a little dark in the render, so I hope they sort that out for the final product. Still, even if they don't, I think I'll be very happy with him.

I might be interested in the Viper pack too. We'll see, but I always did like their designs a lot.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:40 am

Due to the rumblings of GameStop getting Spirit and SS in soon, I went ahead and placed an order with them. Realizing that the anticipated arrived date is listed as Sept. They’ll be here before then, right? RIGHT?!
Samael13 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:31 am
Since someone mentioned him, if they're going to do rereleased, I'd be down for Bludd. I never saw him and missed him every time he went back up. He was one of my top wants, so he's a conspicuous absence for my Cobra guys.
I selfishly would love a purple v3 Major Bludd because for whatever reason, I as a kid who has zero knowledge of GI Joe, thought he looked so cool on the back of the Street Fighter boxes, so I got him to hang with all of them.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/94/majorbludd3.shtml
Xnbach
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:25 am

Down for most of the reveals. Xamot and Tomax were on my want list and you knew they had to come out with a single Baroness eventually for the multitude that missed out on Cobra Island Biker Baroness. I missed out on the Vipers the first time, so these will be a cool addition and I wanted an extra Gung Ho anyways (and I like the simplified look of this one).

Stalker looks cool and I might end up trying to get two just so I can use that scarf on a custom. Yes, I am one of those people who will buy a whole action figure just because there’s one little part I want for something else. Then again, that’s exactly who BAFs work, so there you go.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”