G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:12 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:19 pm
what do you guys mean by "o ring"
Some of the figures revealed today are 3 3/4" figures in the style of the 80's RAH line with the same type of construction - the rubber/silicone 'o-ring' inside the chest piece, etc.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:35 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm
Loved the o-ring stuff!

Loved the more Sunbow deco on Gung Ho and the rest.

Vipers!!!!!!!!!!

Stalker’s camo is kinda dark but that lets them do a classic light green and olive done the road.
Still, new classic army body that’s an easy retool into most of the original Joes, and later ones like Footloose or Lt Falcon.

Needless to say I’m all in.
And you can always make one of the Stalkers Jammer from the OG Action Force if you want to. I'm pretty sure My Gung Ho is gonna become a Guacho
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:36 pm

This was super fun! Great reveals!

Tomax, Xamot and Stalker all look amazing and perfect in my eyes.

I'm so glad with this new Retro waves coming. I don't need Baroness, Destro or Lady Jaye since I feel the ones released feeled very classic to me already but I'm glad I didn't get Gung Ho since this is the one I was waiting for!

Now I can't wait for a classic Scarlett in a faithful classic look in this wave.

This is turning out to be an amazing year. First Storm Shadow and Spirit and now these that I mentioned. The kid in me is happy.
battlemonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Is that a new head Sculpt for Lady Jaye?
not a fan of the first one. My 7 year old yelled out, to me "that's a girl soldier!?"
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:46 pm

Awesome. I’m all in like sin.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:58 pm

jonaskane wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:12 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:19 pm
what do you guys mean by "o ring"
Some of the figures revealed today are 3 3/4" figures in the style of the 80's RAH line with the same type of construction - the rubber/silicone 'o-ring' inside the chest piece, etc.
oh i understood, my bad.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:16 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:22 pm
Was just thinking about how I wish I had another Baroness to wear the motorcycle helmet and be Baroness's henchwoman, this all-black version will be perfect. Not thrilling reveals, but solid. Hopefully it's not too hard to get the crimson Viper in a solo pack, I don't really want any more regular Vipers since they've already previewed two more colors.

Not a fan of heavy makeup Jaye, the twins look just as expected, Stalker...I'm going to wait for the real product to pass judgment but this line is mostly home runs so I'm expecting him to be a good figure.

I'll probably get Gung-Ho but I imagine he still has a giant noggin like the last one which was my main issue.

Overall a good showing, if not spectacular bc renders. The real question will be:

"which of these are exclusives and to where?"
The Sunbow recolors are supposed to be a Walmart exclusive line.
TheViper81
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:20 pm

If y’all want Storm Shadow early, seems like GameStop bout to ship him out soon. Got an email as well like the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:25 pm

battlemonkey wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm
Is that a new head Sculpt for Lady Jaye?
not a fan of the first one. My 7 year old yelled out, to me "that's a girl soldier!?"
Pretty sure it's the same one, just with different paint. I like the new one quite a bit more, might double dip on this one.

battlemonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:30 pm

ah thanks Freditor!
looks like they ladied up that jaye.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:00 pm

Collectors are such a weird bunch.

Half the comments on these announcements are so overly negative. Then there’s the folks claiming that Hasbro only announced these because they’re trying to play catch up to Valaverse and one up him. Like that line has even a fraction the sales of Classified.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:16 pm
The Sunbow recolors are supposed to be a Walmart exclusive line.
If that's true it's not the worst thing in the world. But I likely won't be buying them if so. WM is down there with Walgreens in garbage-tier for exclusives. Last time I tried to order Joes from walmart they tried to scam me out of my money and then my credit card information was stolen.

I don't know how to multiquote but thanks TheViper, gave it a shot, don't really want to wait for Amazon to ship out if it's really July. This giant gap between pre-order release dates is so weird.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:

Half the comments on these announcements are so overly negative. Then there’s the folks claiming that Hasbro only announced these because they’re trying to play catch up to Valaverse and one up him. Like that line has even a fraction the sales of Classified.
Are you talking about youtube comments or comments in the chat? Because people here seem mostly positive about the reveals.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:21 pm

Freditor wrote:
Boy Wonder wrote:

Are you talking about youtube comments or comments in the chat? Because people here seem mostly positive about the reveals.
I wasn't super focused on the Youtube comments or anything during the livecast but they seemed pretty positive there, too. Nothing like a Star Wars broadcast.
canprime
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:25 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:21 pm
Freditor wrote:
Boy Wonder wrote:

I wasn't super focused on the Youtube comments or anything during the livecast but they seemed pretty positive there, too. Nothing like a Star Wars broadcast.
Or the early days of the Joe broadcasts after Classified hit and Target got the CI exclusives.

I remember watching the streams, and the comment sections was a steady stream of "NO MORE TARGET EXCLUSIVES"

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”