G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:08 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm
I don’t have her in front of me, but how different is this new Baroness from the COIL one? I thought she was already pretty classic.

I’m in for all the new stuff. The Twins look great, even Stalker who I wasn’t necessarily jumping for. I’ll def get Gung Ho. Probably not anyone else. I’ll have to see what Jaye looks like in production.
COIL Baroness has dark grey accents on the "scale" bits of her suit (thighs, abdomen, arms), gold accents on her glasses, a red cobra symbol on her belt and on her gloves; all of those are black on the new one.
TheFallen wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:35 pm
The new Vipers are a darker blue
Is that confirmed? The color on the digital renders always looks slightly off from the finished products, to me, but I can't find renders of the first vipers to compare. NBD to me, either way, since I never got the first release, but that would be annoying for folks looking to add to their original forces.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:12 pm

So far liking only the Twins and Baroness, why did they re-relase Destro and gung ho again?
pretty kool that they kept the classic look for the Twins...still waiting for Shipwreck!!!
i like the scarf on stalker
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:13 pm

I actually prefer the updated Gung Ho over classic and am happier with the COIL Baroness, so at least it saves me a little cash. Stalker is my most anticipated figure and other than that goofy shawl he looks exactly like I imagined.
Darthgaar
Customized

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Stalker looks great, but is a bit too dark, I'm hoping there's more contrast with the camo.
Tomax and Xamot look prefect.
I'm going to buy all the Retro Repaints, I'm hoping they have a lower price since they're just repaints.
The Viper 3 pack looks good, I'm also hoping for a reduced price since these are repaint army builders, hoping they'll price each in the set like the Marvel Legends Troop Builders at $45-$50 for the set. Yeah I know they wont, but I need to say it.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:17 pm

Ash Talon wrote:Hopefully, Stalker is a bit brighter, as the render looks really dark. Hard to even see the camo pattern. I like the scarf and that without it he probably looks rather classic.
This is my only real complaint from today. Definitely needs some lighter green(s) mixed into the camo.

Gung Ho I’m 50/50 on. I didn’t mind the toned down colors of the original, but the new head and removal of futuristic elements are all big improvements.

Skipping the ladies but in for the rest. I liked the two-tone Destro suit, but the bright leg holster wasn’t something I liked, and the new head is great. Can’t wait for Duke and Scarlett to get these updates.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:19 pm

what do you guys mean by "o ring"
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:22 pm

Was just thinking about how I wish I had another Baroness to wear the motorcycle helmet and be Baroness's henchwoman, this all-black version will be perfect. Not thrilling reveals, but solid. Hopefully it's not too hard to get the crimson Viper in a solo pack, I don't really want any more regular Vipers since they've already previewed two more colors.

Not a fan of heavy makeup Jaye, the twins look just as expected, Stalker...I'm going to wait for the real product to pass judgment but this line is mostly home runs so I'm expecting him to be a good figure.

I'll probably get Gung-Ho but I imagine he still has a giant noggin like the last one which was my main issue.

Overall a good showing, if not spectacular bc renders. The real question will be:

"which of these are exclusives and to where?"
Darthgaar
Customized

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:26 pm

I just noticed that Gung-Ho doesn't have his original Marines emblem tattoo, must be because of a trademark of the symbol by the Marines.
Not too difficult to fix with some acetone and a decal transfer, but wish I didn't have to do any mods.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:28 pm

SO GOOD

GOD DAMN SO GOOD
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm

Tomax's perfect little smirk and arched eyebrow are close to Disney villain territory - and I love it! I definitely need a few of him, one specifically to make a Beamish figure, because I'm rarely without my smirk and arched eyebrow :wink:
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

I'm hoping that...

Shipwreck (and Polly)
Covergirl
Dr. Mindbender

...are the next wave, followed by...

Dusty
Zarana
Zandar
nilocomic
Customized

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:48 pm

Too bad they couldn’t shrink Gung Ho’s head down a little. Might still go for this retro version once we get a look at the physical figure. Also need to see comparisons of Destro and Baroness with the original figures, but I’m leaning towards skipping these new versions (though I do like the idea of using the helmet on COIL Baroness as a separate character). Lady Jaye’s an easy pass since I like the original better. The Vipers are a must, especially since the regular ones will have a different blue. Excited for Stalker and the twins!
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:59 pm

Glad I can pass on all of the retro card figures, cuz they do not fit in with the rest of the classified packaging on my shelf. I may pick up a SE if they put him on a card, but just for nostalgia's sake. I'm not an army builder, so the Vipers are probably a skip too.

The twins and Stalker are 100% gonna be mine, though!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:58 pm
Threash wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:43 pm
Bit of a dick move to re-release the original gung ho though.
Huh? Dick move to who? People who bought the first Gung-Ho? To Vala, who is making accessories to replace a character he doesn't have the rights to?
Just so we're clear I mean the current re-release in the BAT/AV cases.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:12 pm

Getting retro carded 6" Joes was an absolute given. I didn't expect it QUITE this early.

Personally I am happy with the look of Classified Joes as is. I don't NEED exact copies of their original looks in 6" form. That's not to say I won't pick these up. Figures that already look close to their recent Classified counterparts (Destro, Lady Jaye, Baroness) are less exciting to me than Gung Ho or Stalker. I'll be passing on the Vipers since I'm sticking to a strict "one of each" policy and I already have the Target one.

It's all looking good though. Yo Joe!

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”