G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:32 am

TheFallen wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:27 am
Darth_Drakonis wrote:I wish they had used red paint apps on the Cobra Emblem, arm band, bars, and ensign on the new Officer to match the infantry/troopers.....
He is meant to be silver to designate his rank. It was like that in the vintage line.

I ordered 2 Officers and went ahead and ordered another 4 infantry. I’d like another 1-2 troopers to go with my single trooper but hopefully another figure with the same load out is released along the line.
I think the Cobra officer will look great with the Cobra Infantry... but will look too dressed down leading the Cobra troopers... mb we can get a variant Officer with more red paint apps to lead the troopers.

Just my opinion... mb I feel differently when I have them in hand.
Chooch
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 am

I appreciate that they included the banana clip gun.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:26 am
I’m sure Alley Viper comes in the release of the regular BATs.
What if the Alley Viper and BAT are not only in the same wave, but they are the entire wave? Case packout of either 3x of each or 4xBAT and 2xAlley Viper. Army builders could just buy solid cases.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:40 am

Chooch wrote:
It appears to be an AK-47. So maybe this line is going to start having real-world guns instead of the Nerf-based ones.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 am

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:01 am

I think it's supposed to be an AK-105, but it could be an AK-74. They both tend to be more tacticool than a garden variety AK-47.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:02 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Prophet924 wrote:
What if the Alley Viper and BAT are not only in the same wave, but they are the entire wave? Case packout of either 3x of each or 4xBAT and 2xAlley Viper. Army builders could just buy solid cases.
Offering solid cases of army builders would be great. I would even go so far as to say just do solid cases of each figure. Give me a case of BATs and a case of Alley Vipers. Easy peasy I'm done and Hasbro you got me for a dozen no questions asked.

Definitely better than having to track down figs at retail and trying to justify an "impulse" buy of multiples. A much better option, for me, is to be able to know ahead of time how many I am going to get without the hassle of running around. Plus it gives me time to plan out payments with retailers who don't require upfront payments with preorders. Or pay upfront with the ones that do if it suits me.

Either way....BRING THEM ON!!!!
PatientMental
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:03 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
Looking at the new tooling on the Officer, namely the chest, gloves, and boots, I'm getting big-time Crimson Guard vibes.
You are correct sir
VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:08 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Chooch wrote:
It appears to be an AK-47. So maybe this line is going to start having real-world guns instead of the Nerf-based ones.
I've been noticing the switch to realistic weaponry since deluxe Snake Eyes and Timber. Gotta give credit to the GI Joe team, they really do listen to the fans.
Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Chooch wrote:
Interestingly, the "AK" included with the Cobra Officer has the surface/sculpt details messed around with some to genericize it like they did with the Uzi included with now multiple Snake Eyes, the UMP included with the Snake Eyes that came with Timber, and the MP5 that came with Baroness, but for some reason the Alley Viper (aside from having his normal retro-style weird gun) also has a short AK with the actual details on the receiver mostly intact:
compare to actual AK (with railed top cover for even better comparison, ignore the non-standard fire select lever though):

EDIT: in fact, looking at the longitudinally-shorter magazine and the large flash hider on the Alley Viper's, it may even be that it's supposed to be specifically the PP-19 Vityaz, an AK-based submachine gun:

but that's more of an aside, still weird they'd genericize the AK given to the troop type known for having the AK, but leave the AK given to the one not traditionally using an AK mostly un-obscured in detail.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 am

I'm just happy to see realistic firearms in an IP that practically requires it. Definitely happier with these firearms issued rather than nerf and railguns. I know practically nothing about Outback (as I've made evident in assuming he was Australian), but seeing him with his short-barreled rifle sold me on that figure in particular.

As for the Alley Vipers, are these some sort of riot control or urban shock troops. The colors seem questionable for a tactical purpose and I don't know the purpose of the flip down visors (I assume nightvision / thermal?) and shields.
dcucfan
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 am

Watched the whole livestream and yet again, GI Joe won the day. I was not a Joe kid growing up, yet I’ve picked up darn near everything they’ve put out so far. Just shows how far great sculpts and great engineering can take a line.

The new army builders are going to get me in trouble. When I couldn’t find any Troopers or Vipers I resigned myself to 10 Infantry. Then Target actually made stock available and I managed to get on the exclusive train. With this batch and the Python Patrol, my Joe’s are going to be seriously outnumbered.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:10 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Prophet924 wrote:
Comments like above make way too much sense to be given away for free.
Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:13 am

Speaking of Cobra Officers...

Originally, I was planning on repainting the symbol on my 3 CI Cobra Troopers Silver, and using those as my Cobra Officers, with my 9 mainline Cobra Infantry w/ armor cut off of their chest rigs as the actual Cobra Troopers proper that they were commanding, like so:

but with an actual even more proper Cobra Officer coming.... what should I do with my 3 Cobra Island Troopers? What should they become now? Lower-tier Officers, like the proper Officers are lieutenants and the CI Troopers are sergeants? Some kind of slightly-special forces? Should I repaint their symbols a different color to represent whatever I redub them as, or leave them as is?
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:00 am

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:13 am
Speaking of Cobra Officers...

Originally, I was planning on repainting the symbol on my 3 CI Cobra Troopers Silver, and using those as my Cobra Officers, with my 9 mainline Cobra Infantry w/ armor cut off of their chest rigs as the actual Cobra Troopers proper that they were commanding, like so:

but with an actual even more proper Cobra Officer coming.... what should I do with my 3 Cobra Island Troopers? What should they become now? Lower-tier Officers, like the proper Officers are lieutenants and the CI Troopers are sergeants? Some kind of slightly-special forces? Should I repaint their symbols a different color to represent whatever I redub them as, or leave them as is?
I mean…its your OCD so do what makes YOU happy with ‘em but I plan to mix and match on the shelf. I dont know enough about the different levels of Cobra Officer to be offended by one looking different than the others-I have 80 billion Black Series Stormtroopers all chilling together on the same shelf so why not Cobra goons?

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”