G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 am

Dorkside:
https://dorksidetoys.com/collections/gi ... -pre-order
BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/181754

Ordered two from Dorkside in case Amazon doesn't deliver or is late. Pulse as always is my back up that I get at least one. I feel like Dorkside tends to be the first guys to ship. I've had such good luck with them before.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:13 am

Thanks for the links. It was out of stock in the middle of checking out on Pulse. :(

So I ordered from BBTS. 8)
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:16 am

Got two from amazon. For me I'm good with ordering 3 of the army builders. Then if I come across them in store. I'll buy more if I wish to army build more. But I feel 3 is solid base for me.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:17 am

Got a 2nd one ordered. Now I need 3 more Infantry to feel like the Ranks aren't lopsided.
Kirathis
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:24 am

TonyStark517 wrote:
Got a 2nd one ordered. Now I need 3 more Infantry to feel like the Ranks aren't lopsided.
This is what keeps getting me. I buy another Trooper and then the whole situation gets out of control very quickly.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:26 am

I’m sure Alley Viper comes in the release of the regular BATs.

Later in 2022.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am

Looking at the new tooling on the Officer, namely the chest, gloves, and boots, I'm getting big-time Crimson Guard vibes.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:29 am

Beautiful reveals.

Finally the Alley Viper gets his due. Also Hasbro is going hard on that cross sell, what with giving the Alley Viper a Proton Pack, and right as they reveal the Haslab Proton Pack no less!!! :mrgreen:

Seriously though I am loving that Alley Viper, can't wait to have one in hand to see how the body armour works with the articulation. Also that pack is doing a great job on holding accessories without adding too much bulk.

The Officer looks great as well, and as others have said it is great they didn't just go with a minor deco change. It would have been easy to go that route when they already made a great figure with the Trooper/Infantry figure. Now if they could somehow get Canada another batch of the Trooper I would be set.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:30 am

I'm kind of glad they held off on Alley Viper and regular BAT. My wallet is taking a beating this week LOL
batdan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:32 am

So, we've gone from Target exclusive hell for army builders to now a wide range of options. Such success.

BAT
BAT (PP)
Viper
Viper (PP)
Red Ninja
Alley Viper
Trooper
Infantry
Officer

I feel somewhat conflicted as the display is preparing to explode with even small squads of each. I have 2 Ninjas, 2 Vipers, 4 Infantry, 1 Trooper (as a sgt), and have ordered 2 of each of the new ones (PP BAT, PP Viper, Officer). With the generic BATs I will round up to 4, specialize the Alley's to 2, and I cringe to think where I will fit the CG's and potential for more Vipers with the 2 pack rumor.

What a huge turn for the better by Hasbro.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:34 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
Looking at the new tooling on the Officer, namely the chest, gloves, and boots, I'm getting big-time Crimson Guard vibes.
Yup, the chest and collar look awfully familiar....
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:43 am
Samael13 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 am
He's a dude wearing heavy riot gear/ballistic vest armor, so I wouldn't really expect him to have a lot of upper body articulation, but the crotch guard looks improved from what Firefly got, at least; he's posed weirdly in that picture, but it doesn't look (to me) like he needs to be; he should be able to get into some more natural looking moving poses, I'd think. From some of the images on HissTank, you can see that his legs seem to be positioned significantly further out than they need to be. I'll be interested to see the range of movement in hand, but it doesn't look like it's going to be bad, to me.
That pose in particular is really bizarre considering how on-point the posing/pictures usually are for this line. You can also see he's not holding his gun at all with his right hand. On the bright side, if you pose him as Cobra intended, shield in one hand, SMG in the other, it should look pretty nice. Personally I would have preferred for some of that bulk to be molded onto the torso with a lighter vest, so he could still utilize the upper body joints while still showing full armor, but it is what it is. Now bring on the Black + Yellow version :lol:
Black and yellow. Only after the gray version.

https://i.ibb.co/t8Pvv6P/alley-viper-2.jpg

Also the way the figure is posed could that be a fully painted resin prototype?
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:44 am

Kirathis wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:24 am
TonyStark517 wrote:
This is what keeps getting me. I buy another Trooper and then the whole situation gets out of control very quickly.
I always start with 2 and aim for 3s before expanding and that's part of my pickle. I want 2 Officers but then have "only" 2 Troopers so now I need more infantry so that at least the higher ranks are fewer even if they're equal.

And going for one to split 1/2/4 just seems so...meh.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:16 am

I wish they had used red paint apps on the Cobra Emblem, mask, arm band, bars, and ensign on the new Officer to match the infantry/troopers.....

I'll probably paint the Cobra Emblem, bars, and ensign red and replace the officer armband with the red trooper armband.

*Edit* Ok... I changed my mind... this Officer will pair very well with the Cobra Infantry.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:27 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:I wish they had used red paint apps on the Cobra Emblem, arm band, bars, and ensign on the new Officer to match the infantry/troopers.....
He is meant to be silver to designate his rank. It was like that in the vintage line.

I ordered 2 Officers and went ahead and ordered another 4 infantry. I’d like another 1-2 troopers to go with my single trooper but hopefully another figure with the same load out is released along the line.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”