G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:58 pm

Cobra Officer has been pre-ordered. Too bad I can only order one but I understand the demand will be high. This reveal caught me by surprise on how good the figure looks. We all knew what it would be based on the leak but the designers delivered a figure that isn't just a simple repaint of the previous Cobra Island Trooper or Cobra Infantry. The new webgear looks awesome and they got rid of that knife near the shoulder. The knife on the leg is just like the OG O-ring figure. The new guns look so much better than the previous nerf ones. I'm going to need someone to cast extras because I plan on replacing my current troopers weapons. Only thing I wish it could also come with is a Dragunov inspired sniper rifle. Hasbros designers were able to really improve on the trooper and take inspiration from the classic design. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:04 am

I feel that Hasbro wanted to make a statement with these reveals.

5 army builders, 2 fan favourites, a less desired character that has wowed nearly everyone and an Outback in a repaint that looks impressive as hell.

They have certainly righted the ship and are now firing on all cylinders.
Kirathis
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:13 am

TheFallen wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:04 am
I feel that Hasbro wanted to make a statement with these reveals.

5 army builders, 2 fan favourites, a less desired character that has wowed nearly everyone and an Outback in a repaint that looks impressive as hell.

They have certainly righted the ship and are now firing on all cylinders.
Definitely impressed with their performance at both events. Now if their Back in Stock sales would just include Regal CC and HA Roadblock...
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:19 pm
Going to have to nitpick the Alley Viper here...not only does the vest block the whole upper body articulation (even the waist now??), but it hangs so low that it completely defeats the purpose of the drop-down hips. He's gonna look good standing in a neutral pose on the shelf...and not much else.
He's a dude wearing heavy riot gear/ballistic vest armor, so I wouldn't really expect him to have a lot of upper body articulation, but the crotch guard looks improved from what Firefly got, at least; he's posed weirdly in that picture, but it doesn't look (to me) like he needs to be; he should be able to get into some more natural looking moving poses, I'd think. From some of the images on HissTank, you can see that his legs seem to be positioned significantly further out than they need to be. I'll be interested to see the range of movement in hand, but it doesn't look like it's going to be bad, to me.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am

Besides preorder ing the Officer, I ended up getting another trooper as well. Dammit, it’s like crack.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:20 am

All these figures are turning out so great!

I just hoped we got more a year. Seeing how slowly they release female figures, it seems it will take forever for us to have the rest of them.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:21 am

So is everything going up today when it opens for everyone or were the Alley Vipers just revealed but they won't be preorders?
Kirathis

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:23 am

Ro-El wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am
Besides preorder ing the Officer, I ended up getting another trooper as well. Dammit, it’s like crack.
Same here...
Kirathis

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:28 am

Boke18 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:21 am
So is everything going up today when it opens for everyone or were the Alley Vipers just revealed but they won't be preorders?
I went back and re-watched the portion on the Alley Viper as I thought it was at first. They actually did not say anything about its release date and they only showed promo photos rather than an actual figure like Emily did with the Officer.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:35 am

Yeah... there's no release date yet on the Alley Vipers or info on what avenue of release even. It was just a pipeline reveal.
vicious7171
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:43 am

Samael13 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 am
He's a dude wearing heavy riot gear/ballistic vest armor, so I wouldn't really expect him to have a lot of upper body articulation, but the crotch guard looks improved from what Firefly got, at least; he's posed weirdly in that picture, but it doesn't look (to me) like he needs to be; he should be able to get into some more natural looking moving poses, I'd think. From some of the images on HissTank, you can see that his legs seem to be positioned significantly further out than they need to be. I'll be interested to see the range of movement in hand, but it doesn't look like it's going to be bad, to me.
That pose in particular is really bizarre considering how on-point the posing/pictures usually are for this line. You can also see he's not holding his gun at all with his right hand. On the bright side, if you pose him as Cobra intended, shield in one hand, SMG in the other, it should look pretty nice. Personally I would have preferred for some of that bulk to be molded onto the torso with a lighter vest, so he could still utilize the upper body joints while still showing full armor, but it is what it is. Now bring on the Black + Yellow version :lol:
CrumpsBrother
HULK SMASH!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:45 am

With the move towards more realistic weapons, a weapons pack is a must. Hopefully they’re not in weird colors like back in the day.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:55 am

Amazon. Getting ready to drop the Cobra Officer:

Edit: Live NOW! I ordered 2
dramsatx

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:00 am

Same here. Just ordered 3.
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:03 am

Got him from BBTS. I only buy 1 of each figure for this line, as I'm not an army builder in the slightest, but the army that is being built is gonna be one cool squad of individuals. The triplets (Officer, Trooper and Infantry) are closest in appearance, but still different enough to satisfy my desire for a non-conformist Cobra crew.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”