G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:03 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:48 pm
I want to say he was a new character to the pursuit of cobra line - which proves new characters should be welcomed if they are done well. Don’t make up new characters for the sake of new characters (like essentially a gender or race swap of an existing character) but if they can give us new, interesting characters like this I’m all for them.
My feelings as well.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:13 am

JTMarsh wrote:
TheFallen wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:53 am

I hate to shatter your illusion but Outback is from Big Piney, Wyoming.
Once again I claim ignorance. I assumed he was Australian given the name. We are certain that he wasn't an American who just spent a lot of time in Australia a la Mel Gibson? I never watched the show enough to hear him speak. Are there any Aboriginal Joes?
With how desolate and dangerous some parts of the county are I have no doubt he would’ve spent a considerable amount of time here training.

I don’t think there are any aboriginal joes. The only joes from Australia that I know of are;

Major Bludd (Sydney, although on his original file card it was spelled Sidney)

Torch (Melbourne)

Ripper (Tasmania)

Skymate (Tasmania)

Buzzer also spent time in Australia as well as Zartan and I believe that is where the Dreadnoks were formed.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:47 am

Appreciate everyone's clarification on Outback and the Aussie characters. It really is a shame he's not Australian with such a quintessentially Australian sounding codename. Perhaps they need an Aboriginal Joe named "Walkabout."

That said, I thought the new line of figures' eagle was named "Spirit" and couldn't figure out why everyone was so excited for the eagle companion more than the Indian sniper guy "Iron Knife."
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 am

Wolverine was once Australian :D
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:47 am
Appreciate everyone's clarification on Outback and the Aussie characters. It really is a shame he's not Australian with such a quintessentially Australian sounding codename. Perhaps they need an Aboriginal Joe named "Walkabout."

That said, I thought the new line of figures' eagle was named "Spirit" and couldn't figure out why everyone was so excited for the eagle companion more than the Indian sniper guy "Iron Knife."
I thought Spirit was the man and Freedom was the Eagle.

I am excited about the character for the character's sake and the ease of making a custom "4th Wall" from GI Jeff.

Excited about the Eagle so that the Anniversary Cap will have an Eagle. And it may not scale properly but Peacemaker has a pet Eagle also. 8)

As for confusing characters names, I have the worst one that I am guilty of... for years :ugh: I thought Low Light was Low Life because he was so happy to be in that junk yard nightmare episode.

And I apologize if I needed a spoiler tag on that but if I did then the rock you live under is more remote than mine. :lol:
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:17 am

JTMarsh wrote:Appreciate everyone's clarification on Outback and the Aussie characters. It really is a shame he's not Australian with such a quintessentially Australian sounding codename. Perhaps they need an Aboriginal Joe named "Walkabout."

I think “Dreamtime” would probably be more appropriate than “Walkabout”

Everyone is probably more excited for Fiona than Croc Master :lol:

I think GI Joe doesn’t get enough recognition for being as inclusive as it was/is as far as representation. Which is ironic considering it’s “A Real American Hero” Tagline
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:54 am

TheFallen wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:11 am
I just realised that today’s reveals and with the names on the leaked list my Joeverse Cobra High Command will be completed.

Cobra Commander - Supreme Leader
Destro - MARS Industries
Baroness - Cobra Vipers
Zartan - Dreadnoks
Major Bludd - BATs
Storm Shadow - Arashikage Clan
Tomas/Xamot - Extensive Enterprises/Crimson Guard
Great list and it got me thinking.

Firefly as leader for the Python Vipers.

For making MARS Industries figures could used the lab coats from the new M.L. Reed Richards and Moria plus the Jurassic Park Ray Arnold.

And Baroness the leader of the Night Stalkers? :drool:
Madcap1
Customized

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:34 am

This might have been covered but anyone know whether Fiona’s jaw is articulated? Looks like it isn’t to me, which would be too bad. Still a buy though
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:01 am

Fiona's jaw is articulated. The sculptor mentioned how proud they were at how they did it.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 am

Anyone else notice that even the BATs are left handed? Is the designer left handed too? So many figures leaning that direction.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 am

Fly4v wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:54 am
TheFallen wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:11 am
I just realised that today’s reveals and with the names on the leaked list my Joeverse Cobra High Command will be completed.

Cobra Commander - Supreme Leader
Destro - MARS Industries
Baroness - Cobra Vipers
Zartan - Dreadnoks
Major Bludd - BATs
Storm Shadow - Arashikage Clan
Tomas/Xamot - Extensive Enterprises/Crimson Guard
Great list and it got me thinking.

Firefly as leader for the Python Vipers.

For making MARS Industries figures could used the lab coats from the new M.L. Reed Richards and Moria plus the Jurassic Park Ray Arnold.

And Baroness the leader of the Night Stalkers? :drool:
Damn, I thought I could easily pass on the PP Vipers but Firefly looks so good with them.

I do need to pick up some MLs to work as background characters….
DVD
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Man the Classified team killed it today, which is something we don't get to say a lot. Let's get started:

B.A.T.: Holy. Balls. Just perfect, and super glad they included the battle damaged head and chestplate. Also points for being able to attach new accessories to both left and right hands. I'm going to need at least 5 of these.

Tiger Force Outback: Crazy pick for the first TF figure, but I'm down for it since the figure is just phenomenal. I'll be getting the regular version when it comes out too!

Python Patrol Viper: Love the Viper, love the paint scheme, I'm in. Got 2 from Pulse, 2 from Target.

Python Patrol B.A.T.: See the Viper. 4 on their way to me.

Spirit: Like Amazon Roadblock before him, he's a great update on his ARAH look. The swappable wings for Freedom are a huge plus, as are his being able to attach to the pack or Spirit's arm. Also, nice to see an updated rifle too! No lasers here!

Storm Shadow: Ok...ok. This is what made me about break down. Not only the set up(here's Spirit, and who was his main rival in the cartoon?), but this figure is absolute perfection. 2 swords, bow, backpack/quiver, hooded option...it's all here. I can't wait to have him flanking my Cobra Commander.

Croc Master: I think we've all speculated on how they were going to work animals and their handlers into the line, but man did they knock it out of the park. Fiona(which is hilarious, hopefully CM's "real name" is Scott. It will be on my shelf) is huge and articulated. And bendy tail! Love it! Can't wait to see more of this going forward. Mutt/Junkyard, Law/Order, Spearhead/Max, Gnawgahyde/boar...lots of characters would work in this format.

Couple more points:

Leaked list has a 3rd figure with the Spirit/Storm Shadow wave and lists it as Cobra Officer. Hopefully it's more than a repaint, but we'll see. The next wave is rumored to be Tomax, Xamot, and Stalker. Yes, yes, yes. Also, the wave after *that* is Crimson Guard, Zarana, and Dusty. All of the yes. As well as a Viper/Viper Officer 2pk. Yes again. More Vipers are always a plus. One last leak: Tiger Force Duke! I can still remember finding the OG TF Duke in '88 and being over the moon excited because I finally had a Duke(was too young to get him when the original figure came out). So I can't wait to get any and all TF figures they release.

All in all, the Classified team absolutely killed it. I get annoyed at their gushing over the diorama pieces their team comes up with, since they're there to show off toys for sale and not stuff that you can't buy, but whatever. Storm Shadow made up for everything. Every. Thing.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Hey. So Tiger Force Duke . . .
-Brown hair?
-Blond?
-Both options? New head with vintage schmucky grin?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Brown hair for TF Duke for sure. We can always head swap with regular or repaint Duke for the blonde hair. However, I wish they include a helmet for Tiger force Duke. Even regular and repaint Duke should have had a helmet. Maybe a in a weapons pack down the line?

Also, I have not been paying attention to it, but is Hasbro slowly phasing out the Joepro communicators? I actually didn’t mind them and thought they were a pretty nice addition. The only thing I didn’t like was the light color choice being sky blue. I get that it matches the Joe laser fire but I think it would have been better off using a muted forest or matte green.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:03 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 am
Anyone else notice that even the BATs are left handed? Is the designer left handed too? So many figures leaning that direction.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is the first time a character has had the pistol holster on the left side, despite so many molds having the left hand be the up-down one. To their credit, it's actually very accurate to the classic BAT, who always had the pistol holster on their left legs.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”