G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:13 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 am
I'm not sure which look is better for an environmentalist soldier. Orange shirt and grey/white hair. Or white shirt with orange hair.
I know nothing beyond the fact that he looks cool and is Australian. I just assumed he was that usual stereotype we have of Australians (ie: Crocodile Dundee) being masters of the wilderness and survivalists. Is he an environmentalist in that he's a conservationist or does he set fire to humvee dealerships?
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 am

I don't really care for the yellow and black color scheme for the Cobra troopers. Did I preorder them anyway? Yes I did.

Outback and Spirit looks fantastic, super excited for them! Easily some of the best looking of the line so far. Strom Shadow is a thing of beauty though, just about everything I could possibly wish for. And a 1/12 crocodile? Brilliant.

I completely lost track of time, and panicked that I missed Zartan. Somehow I was still able to get it a half hour late, so awesome! I think I prefer the mainline version, but he's unique enough to justify another version. Just wish I had been collecting Cakssified last year for that Cobra Commander...
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:53 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:13 am
Ash Talon wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 am
I'm not sure which look is better for an environmentalist soldier. Orange shirt and grey/white hair. Or white shirt with orange hair.
I know nothing beyond the fact that he looks cool and is Australian. I just assumed he was that usual stereotype we have of Australians (ie: Crocodile Dundee) being masters of the wilderness and survivalists. Is he an environmentalist in that he's a conservationist or does he set fire to humvee dealerships?
I hate to shatter your illusion but Outback is from Big Piney, Wyoming.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:11 am

I just realised that today’s reveals and with the names on the leaked list my Joeverse Cobra High Command will be completed.

Cobra Commander - Supreme Leader
Destro - MARS Industries
Baroness - Cobra Vipers
Zartan - Dreadnoks
Major Bludd - BATs
Storm Shadow - Arashikage Clan
Tomas/Xamot - Extensive Enterprises/Crimson Guard
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:24 am

madflava wrote:
os189 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:52 pm
I was actually a fan of this design. The one we are getting is definitely better but I would have been happy with this fresh take on Storm Shadow also. It does show that Hasbro is listening to the feedback from fans though. I think this is why it took so long for us to get a mainline Storm Shadow because they decided to redesign him.
I’m a little sad about it too. But he’d make a great con exclusive down the road.
The_Kilted_Fett
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:45 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:31 am

Am I the only one OCD enough to paint all of this yellow/red to match the paint deco on the previous Viper release?
Not me, I am irked by the fact the box art shows a scarf...

Glad I have extra from first the regular release.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:06 pm

Curious if the holes in the barrels will fit effect pieces…

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:39 pm

I owned the original RAH Croc Master, but I never realized the crocodile had a name. I kept wondering who is this Fiona everyone kept talking about. Was the name originally there in RAH or added years later?

As for Storm Shadow, I’m happy they ent with the more classic look. I’ve always liked SS visually looking more like a traditional ninja in contrast to SE looking like a modern ninja. That said now the more classic looking ninja is guaranteed, I wouldn’t mind seeing the newer MK design later as maybe a fan channel or Amazon exclusive.

Spirit is awesome. As a tracker it would make sense for him to have a hunting/sniper style rifle. Him and Low Light are gonna best buds.

The way these target exclusives are rolling out is a good sign. I am all in. I’ll take everyone from the original RAH line including everyone I never got as a kid.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:41 pm

TheFallen wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:53 am

I hate to shatter your illusion but Outback is from Big Piney, Wyoming.
Once again I claim ignorance. I assumed he was Australian given the name. We are certain that he wasn't an American who just spent a lot of time in Australia a la Mel Gibson? I never watched the show enough to hear him speak. Are there any Aboriginal Joes?
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:56 pm

Amazing stuff shown! Preordered one of everything for Classified. Spirit looks incredible. As someone getting into GI Joe because of how cool the Classified line is, the Python Patrol variants look pretty goofy to me - but perfect for Target exclusives! Outback on the other hand does not look goofy even with his orange tiger shirt.

Really excited for this line. Everything feels so very far away!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Once they start knocking out most of the original characters, it would be a good time to start making new never before done characters specific to Classifieds to keep the line going and fresh which will obviously include characters with diverse ethnicities and backgrounds.

Heck at one point I wish Hasbro would let us submit our own info to them to make a custom green shirt Joe of ourselves. The file card would be included in the box. So basically you’d have a unique Joe no one else would have. They did something like this in RAH but the toy had a mask on or something.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Prophet924 wrote:

Thwipp!

Thus far, the barrel holes for various Joes (Viper, commando Snake-Eyes, artillery Roadblock, etc) have fit the smaller Marvel Legends effects pieces like Black Widow’s muzzle flashes and smoke. The larger ones like Iron Man’s repulsor blasts do not fit.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Once they start knocking out most of the original characters, it would be a good time to start making new never before done characters specific to Classifieds to keep the line going and fresh which will obviously include characters with diverse ethnicities and backgrounds.

Heck at one point I wish Hasbro would let us submit our own info to them to make a custom green shirt Joe of ourselves. The file card would be included in the box. So basically you’d have a unique Joe no one else would have. They did something like this in RAH but the toy had a mask on or something.
You’re talking about Steel Brigade. And that would be awesome if they updated that to now, although I believe that bloviating barnacle Bobby Vala has absconded with that particular name. The create-a-Cobra concept from back in the day would be a fun update as well.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Prophet924 wrote:

Thwipp!

In the close ups of Outback and Spirit, both their new primary guns have small holes for effect pieces. Mega props to the Joe team. Now we just need more figures with those effects!
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:51 pm

Ro-El wrote:

In the livestream they mentioned doing someone like a figure (shadow tracker? Jungle tracker? Something like that) from the pursuit of cobra line. So they seem to be open to newer characters (along with crazy ones like Road Pig and Pythona). I think as long as a new character is visually interesting and comes with some crazy cool new stuff, I don’t think anyone would complain too much with a new character sprinkled here and there. The python patrol Bat is technically a new figure as there hasn’t been one done before. Nobody seems upset with that (probably largely because they showed off a normal version first). Heck, people are digging Croc Master despite him being a lesser known and goofy character. But they fully committed and absolutely nailed him. Stunning attention to detail and just full of fun.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”