G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:16 am

I would hold off on making a Stalker. He’s gotta have a figure in the pipeline. Maybe even will be revealed next week.

I think we’ll see the next wave (3-4 figures) next week. Maybe another deluxe figure, ala Commando SE. And maybe even the next Target exclusives.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:19 am

Stalker was on that last big rumor list we got, right? Whatever that's worth.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Yeah. Hopefully Stalker gets revealed soon. Being an original 13, he’s been high on my want list. Been wondering how Hasbro will tackle those Joes who were synonymous with vehicles. I guess they’ll just release them as singles but that will seem kinda weird with me. Getting Steeler and Wild Bill without the Mobat and Dragonfly just won’t feel complete. I’ll take them as singles but I’d still want a crowdfunding or something with those larger vehicles.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:33 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:16 am
I would hold off on making a Stalker. He’s gotta have a figure in the pipeline. Maybe even will be revealed next week.

I think we’ll see the next wave (3-4 figures) next week. Maybe another deluxe figure, ala Commando SE. And maybe even the next Target exclusives.
I hope you are right but after receiving Breaker I have a feeling the only figure, exclusive or otherwise, I will be receiving for Target will be Cold Shoulder.

ImageImage
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:08 am

Ro-El wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:42 pm
Yeah. Hopefully Stalker gets revealed soon. Being an original 13, he’s been high on my want list. Been wondering how Hasbro will tackle those Joes who were synonymous with vehicles. I guess they’ll just release them as singles but that will seem kinda weird with me. Getting Steeler and Wild Bill without the Mobat and Dragonfly just won’t feel complete. I’ll take them as singles but I’d still want a crowdfunding or something with those larger vehicles.
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/f ... 47470.html

Jazwares Fortnite Choppa is only $30.

Hasbro should be able to make a Dragonfly for easily $60 and no more than $75.

Its not like they are going to go to Bell Helicopter and pay for the rights to make an AH-1 Cobra.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Pilot/driver characters are an interesting topic for this line. I imagine they don't come with vehicles and are just part of waves. Packing a figure with a bike isn't too high of a pricepoint. I think Sky Hawks and FANGS are possible for $0-50, without a figure. A VAMP/HISS is also possible for $60-75, without a figure. Packing figures into those mid-size vehicles just raises the price, which may scare away retailers. I say package driver/pilots separately. Some people may want the drivers/pilots and not the vehicles or may want to troop build the Cobra ones. And it keeps the price of the vehicles lower. Plus, you may want multiple copies of a Joe vehicle but don't want multiple copies of the same driver character.
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Ash Talon wrote:Pilot/driver characters are an interesting topic for this line. I imagine they don't come with vehicles and are just part of waves. Packing a figure with a bike isn't too high of a pricepoint. I think Sky Hawks and FANGS are possible for $0-50, without a figure. A VAMP/HISS is also possible for $60-75, without a figure. Packing figures into those mid-size vehicles just raises the price, which may scare away retailers. I say package driver/pilots separately. Some people may want the drivers/pilots and not the vehicles or may want to troop build the Cobra ones. And it keeps the price of the vehicles lower. Plus, you may want multiple copies of a Joe vehicle but don't want multiple copies of the same driver character.
Black series line does a lot of pilot and driver figures with no respective vehicles so I don't see any reason for Hasbro to not produce any character even if we don't get corresponding vehicles.
fletch137
Super Poseable

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:25 pm

I agree. I'd 100% display a vehicle-less Wild Bill or Cover Girl.

My position on vehicles, though, is that if I'm going to give up a bunch of shelf real estate, the vehicle needs to hold enough figures to make it worthwhile. A 1/12 scale Dragonfly or Rattler that only holds two dudes is off my radar. A HISS II, though, with a cockpit for two, a turret, AND troop transport in the back? That's my dream HasLab project.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:51 pm

fletch137 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:25 pm
I agree. I'd 100% display a vehicle-less Wild Bill or Cover Girl.

My position on vehicles, though, is that if I'm going to give up a bunch of shelf real estate, the vehicle needs to hold enough figures to make it worthwhile. A 1/12 scale Dragonfly or Rattler that only holds two dudes is off my radar. A HISS II, though, with a cockpit for two, a turret, AND troop transport in the back? That's my dream HasLab project.
I agree with you on figures. I am fine with "Pilots/Drivers" being released as single figures.

I disagree with you on the vehicles.

For Classified I think the small vehicles are the way to go now, and throw in a large vehicle once a year at most. If you do a large vehicle, it has to be something iconic. That means a jet, or tank, or jeep (Rattler, Vamp/Stinger, HISS). However given the marketplace now, if Hasbro decides to do something big it will probably be through Haslab.

I think the best way to go is small vehicles that can come with a figure. Heavens know there are more than enough of them from Joe to include. I would love the Devil Fish, Armadillo, CLAW, Fang, Firebat, SNAKE Armour, Night Landing, etc. Yeah the price/value might not be there for most, but I would think they are small enough to justify production. Hell even some of the small playsets (LAW, JUMP, etc). Just make sure they are more classic in design with minor updates if needed. Not stupid updates for the sake of updating.

Anyway I hope they give us something like this come PulseCon. How about announcing a Haslab Hasbro?
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:25 pm

HasCon schedule has been released.
https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pu ... %3D.LqpvWS

Looks like Joe is on Saturday 11am. Does that mean Zartan won't be available to buy until 4pm Saturday?
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:20 am

madflava wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:25 pm
HasCon schedule has been released.
https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pu ... %3D.LqpvWS

Looks like Joe is on Saturday 11am. Does that mean Zartan won't be available to buy until 4pm Saturday?
It may go up for early order if you are a Pulse member...or go up for order then for Pulse members and everyone else has to wait. :rolleyes:

As a non-member, I do remember having to wait to order and then my orders being last priority for shipping last year.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:40 am

nickvig wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:Pilot/driver characters are an interesting topic for this line. I imagine they don't come with vehicles and are just part of waves. Packing a figure with a bike isn't too high of a pricepoint. I think Sky Hawks and FANGS are possible for $0-50, without a figure. A VAMP/HISS is also possible for $60-75, without a figure. Packing figures into those mid-size vehicles just raises the price, which may scare away retailers. I say package driver/pilots separately. Some people may want the drivers/pilots and not the vehicles or may want to troop build the Cobra ones. And it keeps the price of the vehicles lower. Plus, you may want multiple copies of a Joe vehicle but don't want multiple copies of the same driver character.
Black series line does a lot of pilot and driver figures with no respective vehicles so I don't see any reason for Hasbro to not produce any character even if we don't get corresponding vehicles.
Another route to go would be to include miniature versions of the larger vehicles with their respective operators. It could be included, by limiting other accessories. Scale the miniatures with each other, jets to tanks, to transports, etc.
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:14 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
nickvig wrote:
Another route to go would be to include miniature versions of the larger vehicles with their respective operators. It could be included, by limiting other accessories. Scale the miniatures with each other, jets to tanks, to transports, etc.
That would be cool for forced perspective toy photography, but I don't think most consumers are into that. I'd dig it though.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:17 pm

The exclusives are going up for at the end of the day each day 10/22 and 10/23: 4PM EST for Premium and 5PM for everyone. Not sure if the exclusive is limited to the day of the brand reveals. So Zartan could be available only on Saturday. I’d check each day. I’m sure social media will be a buzz on when orders are going up. It’s already listed on the Pulse under the exclusives page (convention & Hasbro Pulse pages). Remember if a member to log in early they will be doing the bot deterrents.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darthgaar
HULK SMASH!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Knowing how small the Hiss Tank is to figures in 1/18 scale, I can't see a Hiss Tank being sold for over $120 with an included driver. No need for a Haslab for this, just make it a Pulse/BBTS exclusive and I think they'll sell well.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”