G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:16 am

Fly4v wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 am
Bubs wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 am
I grabbed three Firefly figures months ago, with the intent on keeping the best one and returning the others. One had loose hips. One had hips that were too tight and put visible stress on the peg. The third had no issues.
Were there any bears involved? :lol:
:lol: No, but instead of the toy aisle, I found them in the cereal aisle with the oatmeal and cream of wheat. Weird.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm

Review is up for Pulsecon Zartan Master of Disguise https://youtu.be/NVE2aOJB-gc
vicious7171
CROM!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks for sharing! Here's a screencap for the thread:

Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:48 pm

Opinion of course, but I like the original release Zartan a LOT more.

Any word on when Barbecue will be out? He was slated for August, right?
Also, any news on when they will announce new figures?
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 am

Freditor wrote:

I don't know if it's changed, but both Target and Pulse are saying November 1st right now.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:13 am

T'Chaka wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Review is up for Pulsecon Zartan Master of Disguise https://youtu.be/NVE2aOJB-gc
Thanks for the video.

Good thing Zartan wore the brown pants.

Sadly, I saw two Zartans in Target on Saturday for $22.99.
First wild Joe sighting, other than a beat up Gung Ho at Game Stop, and passed on the regular Zartans because I thought I wanted the SDCCC exclusive.

After the video, not so much now.
Snake-eyes head doesn't fit the Commando body, Storm Shadow head doesn't fit the Arctic body, and the quiver doesn't fit on Zartan.

The Skull mask is really cool and that rifle is great looking but that is not enough to want the set? :(

Guess not wanting one now is a good thing for those over-seas Fwooshers that want a figure for cost plush shipping if I can get one.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 am

Oh, that Zartan is perfect. I don't really care about the majority of accessories but that base figure corrects all the missteps on the standard, which is really good but my Zartan needs maroon. Eat shit Hasbro Pulse.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Have they announced the dates for Pulsecon this year? I guess being another virtual event, it could happen within short time with not as much planning involved.
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 pm

That video confirmed how much better that Zartan is than the original, at least in my estimation. The silver contrasts on the armor, the lighter pants and hood, and all those great accessories push it over the edge for me, and I don't even care about the color-changing feature.

I'm going to swap the gray-visor head onto my all-black Snake Eyes, swap out Roadblock's ridiculous tuning fork rifle for this more realistic weapon, and save the white Storm Shadow head for the inevitable "classic" Storm Shadow, which may come with the Mortal Kombat-looking mask we've seen in all the concept art so far.

I can't wait to get it, and I was perfectly okay completely passing on the original Zartan!
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:05 pm

Bubs wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 am
Freditor wrote:

I don't know if it's changed, but both Target and Pulse are saying November 1st right now.
He's already out in Singapore apparently.

madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Still going to get this Pulsecon Zartan. Just a little disappointing that the Storm Shadow head does peg on to the Arctic Storm Shadow and that the Snake Eyes head also doesn't peg onto the new Commando Snake Eyes. I do like the grey visor look on the regular release Snake Eyes so I will definitely be using it on that figure. I do find it weird that Hasbro introduced two different head pegs within this line. Just a weird decision that seems unnecessary.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Speak of the devil... video review of Barbecue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImedZG ... el=xcorpeo

Damn, he looks good... I'm hoping we don't have to wait till November.
Really like this pose, might have to steal it once I get him:

Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:34 pm

madflava wrote:
Still going to get this Pulsecon Zartan. Just a little disappointing that the Storm Shadow head does peg on to the Arctic Storm Shadow and that the Snake Eyes head also doesn't peg onto the new Commando Snake Eyes. I do like the grey visor look on the regular release Snake Eyes so I will definitely be using it on that figure. I do find it weird that Hasbro introduced two different head pegs within this line. Just a weird decision that seems unnecessary.
What if the Zartan Storm Shadow head fits the body of the movie figure?
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Fly4v wrote:
madflava wrote:
I'm still guessing the Storm Shadow head that comes with Zartan will fit the inevitable "classic" Storm Shadow figure, which may come with the "Mortal Kombat" mask we've seen in promo art.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:04 am

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:15 pm
Fly4v wrote:
madflava wrote:
I'm still guessing the Storm Shadow head that comes with Zartan will fit the inevitable "classic" Storm Shadow figure, which may come with the "Mortal Kombat" mask we've seen in promo art.
Damn it. :D That unknown is reason to enough get the set.

Hopefully, the Storm Shadow has swap-able arms. Yes, most likely a ridiculous wish. :lol:

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”