G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
LipSmack
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 am

So I very reluctantly picked up a Firefly on eBay because he's my fave and can't find him in Canada, I remember one of my big gripes with the line was the drop down hips and losseness, can you Firefly owners put my mind at ease that they rectified these hips? Or am I gambling on a good or bad one?

Or alternatively has there been and repair guides done for hips?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:51 pm

LipSmack wrote:
So I very reluctantly picked up a Firefly on eBay because he's my fave and can't find him in Canada, I remember one of my big gripes with the line was the drop down hips and losseness, can you Firefly owners put my mind at ease that they rectified these hips? Or am I gambling on a good or bad one?

Mine has no issues. It sounded hit or miss from what I remember reading.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:17 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:51 pm
LipSmack wrote:

Mine has no issues. It sounded hit or miss from what I remember reading.
This. My first one from Pulse had terribly loose hips. The second one I just got from Target, while not perfect, has tighter joints & stands much better.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:04 am

Is there going to be a panel/stream for Joe? I know technically there isn’t really a SDCC but it seems bizarre that they wouldn’t do anything for their other brands, but I’m not seeing anything aside from Marvel.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:11 am

Valo487 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:04 am
Is there going to be a panel/stream for Joe? I know technically there isn’t really a SDCC but it seems bizarre that they wouldn’t do anything for their other brands, but I’m not seeing anything aside from Marvel.
Likely see a Fan First stream at some point in August, followed by Pulse Con in September.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:49 pm

I'm super pumped to see that BBTS is processing my order for Snake Eyes and Timber. Maybe it'll reach Japan before September. That'll be nice.

Anyone that has it in hand decided to wipe out that goofy "googly eyes/Rabbit ears" thing on his chest grenade? I was thinking a quick and light swipe of some acetone, then paint over with black. I'm a terrible painter but I think I can at least manage that.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:02 pm

Big Bad still isn't processing my Snake Eyes and Timber. At least not so far.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:01 pm

My Snake Eyes and Timber arrived in my pile of loot at BBTS! Added another red ninja I want to use for a kit bash to boot. Woooo!
MollyMillions
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:15 pm

LipSmack wrote:

Am Canadian, got Firefly at my local TRU last month.

Loose hips. Fixed it with clear coat.
vicious7171
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:59 pm

LipSmack wrote:

I imagine the best fix for loose hips is to just superglue them into the highest position. My Firefly is fine but YMMV. I've owned a Destro who right out of the box couldn't stand bc his leg was loose like Woody from Toy Story. My first Roadblock was the same way with both hips, but not quite as bad. I'd like to say QC has gotten better, but then again, my Major Bludd had such a loose thigh swivel that it spun like a top until I superglue fixed it.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:36 am

Got Snake Eyes and Timber from Dorkside. Such a nice looking set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VonDoom62
CROM!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:51 am

LipSmack wrote:

My Firefly doesn't have loose dropdown hips. More than that, I heard reports over the legs being tight and mine had that problem until I loosened them.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:12 am

i sold my firefly 6 weeks ago, no issues at all with the hips
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 am

I grabbed three Firefly figures months ago, with the intent on keeping the best one and returning the others. One had loose hips. One had hips that were too tight and put visible stress on the peg. The third had no issues.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 am

Bubs wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 am
I grabbed three Firefly figures months ago, with the intent on keeping the best one and returning the others. One had loose hips. One had hips that were too tight and put visible stress on the peg. The third had no issues.
Were there any bears involved? :lol:

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics