G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Matthew K
nah, pass
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:30 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 am
Anyone think the commando SE/Beachhead body will be reused for Stalker? I can see them just repainting commando SE (maybe a different vest/harness), new head, and Flint beret. He seems like a simple character to crank out. And he just happens to be my favorite Joe, next to SE and Flint.
Looking at how Breaker and the newer Snake Eyes use that same Beachhead torso, I'm thinking they will continue to use that torso for a bunch of the original 13, just with different overlays. Stalker might get his own unique vest, head, and hat, but I could see it going like you said too.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:07 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:08 pm
GrumpyMatt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:26 pm
Almost dropped the $50 on Pulse membership, so glad I hesitated and they popped up on Target. My guess is they'll come much quicker from Target too.
They'll be backordered and then Target will cancel on you after a month of waiting for the back order to be filled. True story, happens to me on almost every pre-order.
I know in my head this will happen. But my heart wants to feel happy about getting a PO in.
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:59 am

I have 2 Bludds arriving tomorrow both from Ebay and Target (pulled the trigger on Ebay too early figuring this could be another Mando/Child fiasco), but I'm sitting here fiddling with the Cobra Trooper that arrived a couple weeks back and thinking we finally got these figures at the right time, after the ML and SWB lines saw the evolution of so many different body types, paint apps, and articulation schemes, these mass-market figures are really, really amazingly engineered bits of hand candy. Here's hoping the BATS are not too far off!
vicious7171
CROM!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:46 am

kailryu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:37 pm
From one leg to the other, so the feet are still correct but the shin/calf sections of the boots are swapped with each other, it just looks correct this way to my eyes for some reason.
Hey, thanks for this tip. I got around to trying it out this evening and I dig how it looks. Gives her shinguards that slightly-inwards look that all the other figures have on their boots. I'm not sure if swapping boots makes them more anatomically correct, but I do think it looks nice for standing poses.

We're talking about Lady Jaye's boots btw, for those who missed the little discussion here about her legs.
Vandalorian
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:37 am

Hi guys,

Has there been any clarification on release dates for the newly announced Joes? I pre-ordered Roadblock, Snake and Timber, and now Barbecue and Breaker (these two from Target.)
I initially thought that July 1st was the release date for most of these. But my Amazon pre-order Roadblock has a release date in September, Snake Eyes from EE is like, August, and the Target guys are further out as well.
Are the store/ online store release dates more accurate and updated or is this a case of possibly finding these in stores before those pre-orders are filled?

Thanks!
MRT

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:11 am

maczero wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:59 am
MRT wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:59 am
Visionary wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 am
Getting these figures is bad enough without people arguing over their availability too. Unreal.

Anyway,I’ve been trying to stop buying Star Wars figures but once I saw this guy he just screamed Tunnel Rat to me so they got me again.

With the red head band I see more of Spirit then Tunnel Rat
I was thinking more Billy from Predator. Besides, it ain't Tunnel Rat unless he's wearing a do rag.
yeah! Definitely Billy! I was just talking Joes though
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Vandalorian wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:37 am
Hi guys,

Has there been any clarification on release dates for the newly announced Joes? I pre-ordered Roadblock, Snake and Timber, and now Barbecue and Breaker (these two from Target.)
I initially thought that July 1st was the release date for most of these. But my Amazon pre-order Roadblock has a release date in September, Snake Eyes from EE is like, August, and the Target guys are further out as well.
Are the store/ online store release dates more accurate and updated or is this a case of possibly finding these in stores before those pre-orders are filled?

Thanks!
The preorder delivery dates on these are all over the place. For Snake Eyes/Timber we have BBTS July, Gamestop August 6, Hasbro Pulse Sept. Even BBQ and Breaker are Target in Nov but Hasbro Pulse is Dec. It's the same with the movie figures also and we are already seeing them in stock in Asian toy stores already.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:28 pm

I think the IGN article is where all the release dates came from, but apparently they were wrong. More mysterious to me is that the figure or figures codenamed "Kepler" does not seem to be BBQ like everyone assumed. My store says this figure has an August 1 street date and will be in stores July 20th. Could this be the movie figure or the kid budget line?
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:21 pm

T'Chaka wrote:I think the IGN article is where all the release dates came from, but apparently they were wrong. More mysterious to me is that the figure or figures codenamed "Kepler" does not seem to be BBQ like everyone assumed. My store says this figure has an August 1 street date and will be in stores July 20th. Could this be the movie figure or the kid budget line?
Kepler is BBQ.
Same DPCI.

Maybe in store date is 8/1?
Maybe they gave a wider buffer for themselves between the preorders and actual shipping to be safe?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Vandalorian

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Cool, thanks for chiming in, fellas.
I like the "comfort" of having them pre-ordered. But I think we'll know for sure when we start to see these hit eBay initially. I'll resume the hunt in stores at that point.
I still prefer the fresh kill. Haha...
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
T'Chaka wrote:I think the IGN article is where all the release dates came from, but apparently they were wrong. More mysterious to me is that the figure or figures codenamed "Kepler" does not seem to be BBQ like everyone assumed. My store says this figure has an August 1 street date and will be in stores July 20th. Could this be the movie figure or the kid budget line?
Kepler is BBQ.
Same DPCI.

Maybe they gave a wider buffer for themselves between the preorders and actual shipping to be safe?

True.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:47 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
rwsharpjr wrote:
Kepler is BBQ.
Same DPCI.

True.
Sorry if that seemed rude or snippy.

Maybes were actually maybes because I have no idea Image

T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:26 am

Not at all, I just agree with you. Actually happy to find out it's the same dpci because this could mean they'll be in store early, but hopefully this hasn't changed since preorder went up. Now to check on Ram cycle.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:40 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Kepler is BBQ.
Same DPCI.

Kepler is BBQ? :( Well, so much for that. :idea:
What does BBQ have to do with the Laws of Planetary Motion.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:21 am

Flint and Lady J are in stock on Pulse if anyone still needs them.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”