G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Some people on Hisstank reporting that EE has delayed their Timber and Snake Eyes until September. I now wonder if the July release is going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:11 pm

madflava wrote:Some people on Hisstank reporting that EE has delayed their Timber and Snake Eyes until September. I now wonder if the July release is going to happen?

My email says earliest July, didn't get an email or anything, but in my order history, it says September.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:06 pm

EE always does that; it *might* reflect a new release date but also in my experience it could just be the current availability on the site at the present time. As in, any order made *right now* would come in September.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:13 am

Got Lady Jaye and was really underwhelmed by her out of the box for some reason. I had no attachment to the character as she’s not one I ever had as a kid, just knew the name from the cardbacks, so my mental reference for her is actually Adrianne Palicki and if I wasn’t able to find her then I was going to sub in a Mockingbird with a rifle but then I was able to get this new fig and though I’m tentative about the internal geometry of her elbows she survived a hot water bath to loosen them up a little.

Something about her legs was really off so I boiled and popped her boots and swapped her shin pieces and suddenly she looked much better, almost felt like a different figure for how much better the neutral stance and overall silhouette looks, it’s amazing how subtle differences in geometry can throw a figure off, but I’d compare it to stuff like how the ML 80th Iron Man’s arms and boots came reversed and wonky.

The head still bothers me as the swappable hair and hat… nah, too loose so they both knock off easily snd not making her a character with swappable heads snd a different expression comes across as needlessly cheap, even just doubling up on the single expression would have been fine but as is I think I’m going to glue on the hat piece and find another head to give the hair to.

On the whole ended up being a solid figure to add to the ranks, maybe a 7/10 but it definitely needed the boots tweak to get there.

Now excited for Flint, had to order him online as nothing in store but very excited for him as he was one of the few I did have growing up and was a favourite.

T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Does anybody know who actually has stock and shipping cobra infantry at retail? Thanks
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Saw 6 each of Flint and LJ at a local Walmart yesterday. Plus 2 CC.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm

T'Chaka wrote:Does anybody know who actually has stock and shipping cobra infantry at retail? Thanks
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/135629

Not $19.99 but close.
KvHulk
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:16 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm
Does anybody know who actually has stock and shipping cobra infantry at retail? Thanks
Up until this morning they were available at Hasbro Pulse. $19.99+/FS - I have several arriving today.
herohunt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:17 pm

Hasbro Pulse had Cobra Infantry in stock yesterday. I was able to place an order. Sadly looks like they are sold out now.
vicious7171
CROM!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 pm

kailryu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:13 am
Something about her legs was really off so I boiled and popped her boots and swapped her shin pieces and suddenly she looked much better, almost felt like a different figure for how much better the neutral stance and overall silhouette looks, it’s amazing how subtle differences in geometry can throw a figure off, but I’d compare it to stuff like how the ML 80th Iron Man’s arms and boots came reversed and wonky.
Swapped them? Like from one foot to another or from another figure? I can see what you mean, I do find the legs to be slightly too long from the knee-down.

As for your head idea, that is a good one, but I would love them combined. AKA, what they're doing with the new NECA TMNT, mix-and-match tops of heads with faces. So like, a yelling Lady Jaye face as the second head that could fit either hairstyle. Essentially getting 4 heads instead of just 2 like we have here.

The elbows are pretty sturdy imo, the only thing that I've found going loose on my multiple Jayes are the drop-down hips. A boil bath on those and she can barely stand unfortunately.
T'Chaka
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm
T'Chaka wrote:Does anybody know who actually has stock and shipping cobra infantry at retail? Thanks
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/135629

Not $19.99 but close.
That was easy, just ordered 2. Since that worked so well, anybody know who's shipping redeco duke now and thanks again
lightsyder
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 pm

I got duke and Scarlett from BBTS.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 pm

Got my Lady Jaye yesterday!

She's a great figure! I could see them re-using parts for Cover Girl!

She'd really just need a new head, arms, and jacket piece.

I'm hoping they go way more towards blonde to separate her from Scarlet

I'm personally ok if they just go full out blonde with no red tint.

We've got a Brunette and a Redhead in Lady Jaye and Scarlet. I need some more badass Blonde characters.

kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

G.I. Joe Classified Series

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:37 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Swapped them? Like from one foot to another or from another figure? I can see what you mean, I do find the legs to be slightly too long from the knee-down.

As for your head idea, that is a good one, but I would love them combined. AKA, what they're doing with the new NECA TMNT, mix-and-match tops of heads with faces. So like, a yelling Lady Jaye face as the second head that could fit either hairstyle. Essentially getting 4 heads instead of just 2 like we have here.

The elbows are pretty sturdy imo, the only thing that I've found going loose on my multiple Jayes are the drop-down hips. A boil bath on those and she can barely stand unfortunately.
From one leg to the other, so the feet are still correct but the shin/calf sections of the boots are swapped with each other, it just looks correct this way to my eyes for some reason.

I would agree more than one expression for a mix and match would be nice but then a proper socket for the hair to fix into would be best.

Generally i see this line as being one where most characters who are not masked warrant a relaxed expression and a “war face” Image

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 am

Anyone think the commando SE/Beachhead body will be reused for Stalker? I can see them just repainting commando SE (maybe a different vest/harness), new head, and Flint beret. He seems like a simple character to crank out. And he just happens to be my favorite Joe, next to SE and Flint.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”