G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
JTMarsh
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri May 14, 2021 6:35 am

Zartan was stuffed into a lot of lockers during his time in high school.

Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Fri May 14, 2021 11:28 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:36 am
Buttmunch wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 am
They said in the live stream the monkey’s paw was a possible explanation of his powers being magical/mystical and not just technological like the mask printer back pack. Just something to add a bit more mystic to him. Leaning into some Cajun lore and legends I guess. I think they’re fun additions.
Zartan is cajun? I just assumed he used it as a keychain.
I thought he was just Australian, like most of the other original dreadnoks and clone troopers and omayguh, the newest female clone.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Fri May 14, 2021 11:58 am

I was going to say, I'd hate to start seeing Zartan as just James Carville with eye makeup. He's definitely no Gambit, looks wise.

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Finally, someone is going to send me a Flint. Shipping notice received for him and Jaye from Dorkside.
Nik
HULK SMASH!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Cancelled my Gamestop pre-order, just ordered them from BBTS. Worth the extra dough if they get them in June like they say. However, I just had them ship my POL with my Trooper and Ninja, and it's been stuck in MN for 5 days. FedEx says it's supposed to be delivered today, but that's pretty much impossible since I live in CA. So maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up too much, since it seems I'm kinda cursed when it comes to Joes.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:23 pm

Fed Ex has been downright horrible lately. I’ve had three packages seemingly looping my local hub over and over.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Nik wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:13 pm
Cancelled my Gamestop pre-order, just ordered them from BBTS. Worth the extra dough if they get them in June like they say. However, I just had them ship my POL with my Trooper and Ninja, and it's been stuck in MN for 5 days. FedEx says it's supposed to be delivered today, but that's pretty much impossible since I live in CA. So maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up too much, since it seems I'm kinda cursed when it comes to Joes.
I live in Washington State, and my BBTS packages always seemingly sit in MN for five or six days, but the truth is that location doesn't publish when things are sent out. They have likely already left MN, and you'll get an update once it arrives at a local hub. In my location Fedex is always delivering things 1-3 days later than the original estimated delivery date.

I just got a BBTS package today, and tracking states it was in MN for 5 days before suddenly showing up a few miles away.
Nik
HULK SMASH!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:37 pm

Mucho gracias! That's good to know.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 10:12 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 pm
Finally, someone is going to send me a Flint. Shipping notice received for him and Jaye from Dorkside.
Me too!!
Basilisk Bowbow
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat May 15, 2021 12:52 am

Thanks for the info about Zartan's totems. I figured since they spent so much effort to make them they must have some significance or back story. They are a nice addition. I am liking all these versions of RAH. I hope they do a Clutch some time. VAMP was my first vehicle and I thought it was really cool. Clutch never got much attention in the cartoon or movies.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 12:53 am

If anybody was still looking for the Field Variant Scarlett and Roadblock they are in stock on Pulse.
Shreddar
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 am

Maybe a rookie question for the hard core Joe fans, but I was big into the 3.75" line as a kid 30 years ago and because the launch of this line was such a disaster (and is still a disaster, thanks Target exclusive deals), I decided to avoid it, except for a very very small handful of figures.

I'd really like a Cobra Commander, but the version that I like from my childhood had a cloth head that looked a bit like Baron Zemo's cloth mask in shape.

Is there a name for this style of Cobra Commander?

Any thoughts on whether or not they'll make it? I assume that they'll eventually make everything and since I want it bad, even if it's an eBay exclusive for $150 I'll buy one.

In a world of Mr Potato Head getting cancelled, I wonder if this version would look too much like a KKK guy and not be allowed to get made.
bgiles73
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 15, 2021 6:35 am

That’s Gung Ho that’s Cajun, Cher! But if Zartan wants to be from down the bayou too then Lesais Le Bon Temp Roulez! We can change his name to Zattarain’s and put some Tony Chachere’s and Tobasco Sauce in his mojo bag!
Nik
HULK SMASH!

Sat May 15, 2021 7:24 am

bgiles73 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:35 am
That’s Gung Ho that’s Cajun, Cher! But if Zartan wants to be from down the bayou too then Lesais Le Bon Temp Roulez! We can change his name to Zattarain’s and put some Tony Chachere’s and Tobasco Sauce in his mojo bag!
You deserve a medal for this comment. Bravo. I may never refer to him as anything but Zattarain's from now on.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 9:17 am

bgiles73 wrote:That’s Gung Ho that’s Cajun, Cher! But if Zartan wants to be from down the bayou too then Lesais Le Bon Temp Roulez! We can change his name to Zattarain’s and put some Tony Chachere’s and Tobasco Sauce in his mojo bag!
My better half lived in New Orleans almost half her life. I consume more Tony Chachere's & Zattarain's than I care to admit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics