G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Rishi_Eel
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun May 09, 2021 7:15 am

aceofknaves wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm
Prophet924 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm
Am I the only one hoping for a female Cobra trooper?
You definitely are not.
Add me to the list! I'd love some diversity in my Cobra ranks. My poor, non-existent ranks...
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 12:48 pm

Has anyone found Joes at Wal-Mart for $5? I was looking at brickseek outside my usual 25 mile radius and I see one store with 6+ at $5. Someone check the Guilford, CT Walmart for Flint. I'll pay $25 +shipping.
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:Just had a bad thought.....
We had a rumored "Buster" code name in the Target system, and someone's also found a "Dlx Buster".

What if it's Alley Viper and the deluxe is the only way we get a shield.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sonofa....

Hope not. Already next to impossible finding the cobra troops here in Melbourne, I don't need Hasbro making it even harder. Hell, the only reason I got an ML Paladin is because he can pass for a Saw Viper...

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Brickseek lies a lot, joes are not in stock long enough to go on clearance.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Threash wrote:
True, but this is Wal-Mart we're talking about. My store in town had clearance tags on the Classified pegs before Christmas. They didn't actually have figures, but they did update the price tags with the yellow clearance sticker and they didn't keep Joes on January reset. I did see a post from one person on tfw2005 saying he found Lady Jaye and Flint for $5, but this is the first time I've seen a $5 priced store showing stock on brickseek.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun May 09, 2021 3:51 pm

Is Flint taller than Beachhead? Is it only due to his big ole mellon?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:09 pm

Does brickseek even work anymore?

Anyone have a joe link?
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:10 pm

Slixta wrote:Does brickseek even work anymore?

Anyone have a joe link?
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =670137096

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 4:15 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:10 pm
Slixta wrote:Does brickseek even work anymore?

Anyone have a joe link?
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =670137096

Thanks!

It does seem to work and tells me what stores have them discounted.

It'd be a huge score to land any.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun May 09, 2021 4:54 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Threash wrote:
True, but this is Wal-Mart we're talking about. My store in town had clearance tags on the Classified pegs before Christmas. They didn't actually have figures, but they did update the price tags with the yellow clearance sticker and they didn't keep Joes on January reset. I did see a post from one person on tfw2005 saying he found Lady Jaye and Flint for $5, but this is the first time I've seen a $5 priced store showing stock on brickseek.
Being clearanced isn't determined only by having excess stock that doesn't sell. Rather more often items are clearanced before they are removed from the modular. So every store in your area that lists a clearance price likely removed joes from their mod set (all of mine did this).

Every time we do mod changes, in the weeks prior to the set, the items getting removed get price changes and go on clearance in stages of lower and lower price to sell remaining stock.

Now even if a store doesn't have product we still have to do price changes so all these stores which likely had no figures and almost never did(hence why they stopped selling them) took the price changes to clear them from the system. We have to do them almost daily for all kinds of things not even just clearance.

So it is highly unlikely for a store listing a clearance price to have stock. If they do, and by in stock I mean 6+(limited stock can mean un-locatable minimums of under 2) then you can try to go find them but they may not have rhem out if they aren't on mod. A competent associate would either put them in clearance to get rid of them since they aren't supposed to have them or some may just return them to base price and sell them like normal.

I wouldn't put much faith in finding these at clearance price its one of those rarities that you see instagram posts and YouTube videos about like finding grail figures under base decks and what not.
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 pm

I had a dream where Ed Sheeran decided to start collecting Classified. But he couldn't find anything so he wrote a sad song about it. And the rest was like a montage of people driving to or from a store or being in a store and hearing the Classified song as they experienced the same feelings as the song lyrics. And it somehow also won the Oscar for best live action short film so the last thing I remember was a mockup of the Classified packaging with a sticker saying Academy Award Winner.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 pm

Haha that is awesome! You need to send that to Ed so he can make it happen! :lol:
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:54 pm
mrboshek wrote:
Threash wrote:

So it is highly unlikely for a store listing a clearance price to have stock. If they do, and by in stock I mean 6+(limited stock can mean un-locatable minimums of under 2) then you can try to go find them but they may not have rhem out if they aren't on mod. A competent associate would either put them in clearance to get rid of them since they aren't supposed to have them or some may just return them to base price and sell them like normal.

I wouldn't put much faith in finding these at clearance price its one of those rarities that you see instagram posts and YouTube videos about like finding grail figures under base decks and what not.
Thanks for that info. Thought I was going crazy when this would happen to me. LOL
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 3:30 pm

I love when I get these notifications from Wal-Mart, "The item you like is really popular!" or "This item you like is selling fast!". They sent back to back notifications for Flint. Usually the item isn't in stock, but this time Flint is selling for $34.99 shipped from Wal-Mart. Up from last week's $30 and above some in hand eBay listings.
herohunt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 10, 2021 4:36 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 3:30 pm
I love when I get these notifications from Wal-Mart, "The item you like is really popular!" or "This item you like is selling fast!". They sent back to back notifications for Flint. Usually the item isn't in stock, but this time Flint is selling for $34.99 shipped from Wal-Mart. Up from last week's $30 and above some in hand eBay listings.
Oh algorithm!! You so crazy!!! :lol:

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”