G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri May 07, 2021 7:27 pm

Weak crotches are clearly a homage to the vintage line!
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm

I just received Lady Jaye from GameStop. Sadly, i'm a bit let down. She was one of my favorites growing up, but this figure doesn't live up to my expectations, at least not without minor modification.

First, I don't love the hair sculpt. I tried the hat on, and while it looks good, there isn't enough hair coming out from the left side, so it makes it look like her head is shaven along that side. So I tried some bob hair from ML figures, the two comic Wasp figures, and Spider-Bitch's hair. None fit the right way. So I put the original hair back on, futzed around with it til I got her bangs sitting lower. That helped a lot, so I just glued that in place. I have at least a second LJ coming from Pulse and/or Dorkside, so I'll permanently give the other the hat look. I might paint some lipstick, because her lips don't really have much color contrast to her skin.

These drop down hips are not for me. They feel particularly loose on my copy. The hip sockets in the legs also don't seem to have enough clearance to get her legs any closer together than shoulder width without dropping one or both hips, leaving that unsightly gap while she stands straight up. I think that's not a good compromise. I really could live without this pivoting hip barbell design.

On the plus side, I really do enjoy the rest of the sculpt, color scheme, weapons. The double elbows don't do much for me, and felt both tight and gummy as I adjusted them. But her overall look is iconic. This is unquestionably Lady Jaye. It's almost like she's from a different line than Scarlett and the rest of the wave one figures.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:39 pm

I hope at least a few on here who are premium and wanted either of the Commanders got one. I had a shot at both. Twice I had in my cart and almost bought another Supreme Snake. My son loves that version, and wants mine. Though he's happy with his Regal version. I just couldn't justify the purchase to myself of another.

...I guess now if you want a Supreme Cobra Commander you'll just have to get the regular version and add bacon and sour cream....

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

madflava
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:43 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:39 pm
I hope at least a few on here who are premium and wanted either of the Commanders got one. I had a shot at both. Twice I had in my cart and almost bought another Supreme Snake. My son loves that version, and wants mine. Though he's happy with his Regal version. I just couldn't justify the purchase to myself of another.

...I guess now if you want a Supreme Cobra Commander you'll just have to get the regular version and add bacon and sour cream....

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I prefer guac, queso, jalapenos, and sour cream on my Supreme CC.
TinkerersAssistant02
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm
Crisis averted. And got to do this nonsense I’d been planning. Because there’s only one thing I think of when it comes to monkeys paws

"Turkey's a little dry...THE TURKEY'S A LITTLE DRY!!!"

and

Lisa: "I wish for world peace!"
Homer: "Lisa! That was very selfish of you!"

So, anybody order both Zartan & Cobra Infantry from Pulse but only get Zartan so far? I got charged for both at the start of the week, and got Zartan yesterday, but the Infantry still just says "preparing for shipment" with no tracking info at all.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 pm

TinkerersAssistant02 wrote:
Boy Wonder wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm
Crisis averted. And got to do this nonsense I’d been planning. Because there’s only one thing I think of when it comes to monkeys paws

"Turkey's a little dry...THE TURKEY'S A LITTLE DRY!!!"

and

Lisa: "I wish for world peace!"
Homer: "Lisa! That was very selfish of you!"

So, anybody order both Zartan & Cobra Infantry from Pulse but only get Zartan so far? I got charged for both at the start of the week, and got Zartan yesterday, but the Infantry still just says "preparing for shipment" with no tracking info at all.
I received my Zartan & numerous Cobra Infantry from The Pulse earlier this week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:18 pm

TinkerersAssistant02 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:45 pm

I got Zartan and multiple troopers from pulse already, all in separate orders.
TinkerersAssistant02
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 11:57 pm

Damn, that's not very reassuring. I've yet to have any real issue with any Pulse order (not counting the frequent delays), but there's always a first time... Maybe I'll give it until Monday or Tuesday to see if there's any movement by then, before I contact them about it.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:00 am

I went to Walmart today after work since I was bored. I saw Lady Jaye, Flint and the Cobra Commander. I decided to purchase Lady Jaye and Flint. I have them both shipping from EE. I'm okay with the CC I got from this same Walmart the first time they had Joes. I think that was what almost a year ago.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sat May 08, 2021 12:43 am

Woo GameStop shipped Flint! Just got notice.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:46 am

Pissed off I missed the Regal Commander today. Saw him 15 minutes after he went up, but apparently minutes after it sold out. No email from Hasbro, no chance unless I constantly watch the Back in Stock section.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:00 am

Back to back days now I have found Lady Jay and Flint at different Wal-Marts (once in KY, and today in Ohio)

Both times I picked both up. I wanted two Lady Jay's so i could display her with both options of hat on or off. And once I opened Flint, I don't know what it is, but he became my favorite Classifieds figure immediately. His look, his gear, the accessories. i didn't plan to buy two of him, but I did.
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:11 am

NORM wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:43 am
Woo GameStop shipped Flint! Just got notice.
Same here,ordered on 4/15 if that helps anyone.
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:22 am

Everybody is finding Flint and Lady Jaye in the wild and here I am still waiting for Zartan and a Trooper from DST and a Trooper from Amazon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MRT
I wish I had super powers

Sat May 08, 2021 4:38 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:26 pm
Threash wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:07 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:03 pm
For one thing, the figure has the downward hinge on the left
I don't get why they do this on every figure.
Well, these wrist hinges actually SHOUD all have the downward hinge, it's a lot more functional and mimics real life movement better than the in/out hinge. I don't understand why they don't all have them.

This video does a good job of explaining it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjd50NLR9-E
Except for sword wielding characters, I find myself utilizing the in out hinge more than up down. Especially for Assault rifle holding poses.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics