G.I. Joe Classified Dusty, Zarana, Crimson Guard wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Dusty, Zarana, Crimson Guard wave

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:27 pm

Eventually Crimson Guard will be like BATs and Alley Vipers. I had a few with Dorkside too. Now BBTS and Pulse have orders. I bet this figure becomes available again.

I’m just going to flip if Covergirl wave ships in December. They are going to do another Joe stream this month I bet and I bet preorders for Torpedo wave goes up.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KvHulk
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:29 pm

Amazon had them all morning for $24.99. You had to click other sellers to see. The $50 reseller had the buy box, and still does.
Gamestop also has, and is shipping, crimson guards for $22.99, right now.
Neal
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:49 pm

I got shipping notification emails for Zarana, Dusty, and the CG from Pulse today.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:01 pm

Still waiting on movement on my GameStop Dusty’s. They definitely charged me for them, but now says availability is TBD. He was one that I could’ve waited on and only ordered because they had him listed as in stock.
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 pm

Maybe they've finally fixed everything, but this summer Gamestop's system was absolutely jacked. I'd be pretty wary of ordering anything from them. If you have a problem you'll be on hold with CS for literally hours before you're put through or hung up on. If you opt to email instead you'll be waiting weeks for a response. I bought three copies of a pre-owned Switch game because I wanted to be sure to get one that was complete. They sent two. The shipping emails suggested I was owed three and that three had shipped, but my order history on the website showed two. After waiting a couple months and emailing back and forth they finally sent the third game. And charged me for it. Mind you, I'd already paid in full when I placed the order months earlier. But they charged me again anyway, and this time they charged the full price and not the sale price from when I placed the order. And when the game showed up it was the wrong one.

So yeah, YMMV and all that, but I think Gamestop online at least is struggling. They also recently had a glitch where if you were placing an order all of the fields would be auto-filled with info that wasn't your own. Not a good look.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:46 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 pm
Maybe they've finally fixed everything, but this summer Gamestop's system was absolutely jacked. I'd be pretty wary of ordering anything from them. If you have a problem you'll be on hold with CS for literally hours before you're put through or hung up on. If you opt to email instead you'll be waiting weeks for a response. I bought three copies of a pre-owned Switch game because I wanted to be sure to get one that was complete. They sent two. The shipping emails suggested I was owed three and that three had shipped, but my order history on the website showed two. After waiting a couple months and emailing back and forth they finally sent the third game. And charged me for it. Mind you, I'd already paid in full when I placed the order months earlier. But they charged me again anyway, and this time they charged the full price and not the sale price from when I placed the order. And when the game showed up it was the wrong one.

So yeah, YMMV and all that, but I think Gamestop online at least is struggling. They also recently had a glitch where if you were placing an order all of the fields would be auto-filled with info that wasn't your own. Not a good look.
GameStop answered my cancellation request within a half hour yesterday. I had to cancel via email because, somehow, I must have checked out as a guest. I'm not sure why because I appear to be automatically logged in on a least three different devices.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 pm

My Dusty came from Amazon.ca today. He's a decent figure. The knee issues I had with my Stalker figure has been fixed on this reuse. Nice and tight, instead of loose and wobbly like all of the Stalker figure's I've seen, and i've seen a bunch. The issue pointed earlier in this thread with his helmet being loose is annoying. It doesn't sit well, and can fall off really easily. I see why people thought this was a reuse of Duke's head. It's not, but it certainly looks very similar. The features are too alike. You can definitely tell the same person designed these two figures. My only other criticism is that I just wish the leg stand on the gun was removable. Just to make it a little more functional and easier to pose, because it gets in the way. Still he is a pretty decent desert trooper. I get that some folks aren't too thrilled with him because of the basic aesthetic, but for what it is, he's he's a pretty faithful recreation of the original for those who are looking for that.
*edit*
Also I forgot to mention about the belt/lower shirt loose part. I was worried the shirt part wouldn't match with the rest of the uniform, much like what happened with the white uniformed Storm Shadows I've seen. Fortunately it matches up perfectly.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Well, I pre-ordered two of the standard Crimson Guard figures from Entertainment Earth, but after seeing comparison photos I think I prefer the retro Walmart version with the silver mask and brighter colors. Hopefully those come back in stock on the Wal Mart site...
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:59 pm

I am so disappointed with Dusty, as I knew I would be. The helmet is horrible, it needs a lot more camo face paint and his head is literally just Duke. Worst figure in the line so far.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:00 am

I am so disappointed with Dusty, as I knew I would be. The helmet is horrible, it needs a lot more camo face paint and his head is literally just Duke. Worst figure in the line so far.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:32 pm

My set arrived, Zarana, Dusty and 2x CG via Pulse, and 3x CG via GameStop.

Dusty really is boring. How unfortunate. I think this one’s a case of being too slavish to the original design. Maybe cloth on the helmet would have given it some oomph. I don’t mind the helmet otherwise, it fits well enough on mine. The rifle stand should be removable as a separate part, but it’s tough to wiggle out. The Pursuit of Cobra version (or whatever that version was that came late in the line was a really great example of how to update a figure.

Zarana is sensational and might be among my favorite figures in the line. Everything about her works for me. Zero complaints.

Crimson Guard is nice so far. I’ve only loaded up all his gear and put him into a vanilla pose but I plan to mess around more. I like that the sheath has the option to peg onto his backpack or belt. The figure sculpt is hefty but not cumbersome. I can’t wait to open three more for a great squad to flank the Paoli brothers.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:01 pm

NORM wrote:

Dusty really is boring. How unfortunate. I think this one’s a case of being too slavish to the original design.
I completely disagree, this figure is missing both things that made the original a fan favorite. The cloth goods on the helmet and the full face paint. The original stood out, this is just desert duke in a goofy hat. What we got is not dusty, its this version of duke: https://www.yojoe.com/action/93/duke4.shtml
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:09 pm

Threash wrote:
NORM wrote:

Dusty really is boring. How unfortunate. I think this one’s a case of being too slavish to the original design.
I completely disagree, this figure is missing both things that made the original a fan favorite. The cloth goods on the helmet and the full face paint. The original stood out, this is just desert duke in a goofy hat.
So you disagree about the "slavish" part. But you're equally dissatisfied with the Classified figure. I made a point that it would have been cool to have the cloth part, but you didn't include that in the quote. Why are you starting an argument when you actually agree with most of what I said?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:14 pm

NORM wrote:
Threash wrote:
NORM wrote:

I completely disagree, this figure is missing both things that made the original a fan favorite. The cloth goods on the helmet and the full face paint. The original stood out, this is just desert duke in a goofy hat.
So you disagree about the "slavish" part. But you're equally dissatisfied with the Classified figure. I made a point that it would have been cool to have the cloth part, but you didn't include that in the quote. Why are you starting an argument when you actually agree with most of what I said?
Sheesh, if the thermostat was set at 70 and one person is going "that is way too cold, put it at 80" and the other "that is way too hot, put it at 60" they are not mostly agreeing just because neither is happy. I feel the exact opposite of what you posted.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Threash wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:14 pm
NORM wrote:
Threash wrote:

Sheesh, if the thermostat was set at 70 and one person is going "that is way too cold, put it at 80" and the other "that is way too hot, put it at 60" they are not mostly agreeing just because neither is happy. I feel the exact opposite of what you posted.
cool

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”