GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
User avatar
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The city with the Arch
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:47 am

I know this has come up periodically, but does anyone know when they will do the fan vote for the HISS Tactician.

Also, my 11 year is super-stoked for this! He hasn't stopped brining it up every fee days since August and has it on his Christmas list already. "Santa" is probably going to get the $30 retro 3 3/4 one off Pulse and leave a note to wait until next year for the "big" one.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3852
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:26 am

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:47 am
I know this has come up periodically, but does anyone know when they will do the fan vote for the HISS Tactician.

Also, my 11 year is super-stoked for this! He hasn't stopped brining it up every fee days since August and has it on his Christmas list already. "Santa" is probably going to get the $30 retro 3 3/4 one off Pulse and leave a note to wait until next year for the "big" one.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind
Best guess is it will be announced/start during the GI Joe panel tomorrow and that Ron will be the special guest showing off the different options.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3732
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:57 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:46 pm

They said "soon", also Emily said there was almost 29000 votes counting over sea pledges so apparently those never get actually added to the total.
User avatar
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Threash wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:46 pm
They said "soon", also Emily said there was almost 29000 votes counting over sea pledges so apparently those never get actually added to the total.
That is a lot of Hiss Tanks and Mickey Mouse Cobra Commanders. If you are looking to unload The MM commander, I recommend it is done early.

At least the Other figures are army builders.

Any one want to guess the production amounts of regular non A-list , non army builder figures? I wouldn't think it would be more than 50,000? I would say it would be closer to 30 or 40 thousand.

I am not an expert on this. Informed speculation is welcomed here.
User avatar
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3174
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:28 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
Threash wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:46 pm
They said "soon", also Emily said there was almost 29000 votes counting over sea pledges so apparently those never get actually added to the total.
That is a lot of Hiss Tanks and Mickey Mouse Cobra Commanders. If you are looking to unload The MM commander, I recommend it is done early.

At least the Other figures are army builders.

Any one want to guess the production amounts of regular non A-list , non army builder figures? I wouldn't think it would be more than 50,000? I would say it would be closer to 30 or 40 thousand.

I am not an expert on this. Informed speculation is welcomed here.
I think I'll headcanon MM CC into a clone decoy then!
Scotch n Ciggs
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:32 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 pm

canprime wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:56 am
Prophet924 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:05 am
I have zero interest in Hell Charger for $300+ I don’t care if it comes with all those fan favorite figures like Mephisto. I have the Marvel Select version and I’m happy….

But throw out a Joe Haslab next year and I’m in. I’ve decided to cut my Marvel Legends and Black Series spending so I can get these Joes.

I am still bummed 2023 will roll along and the 40th anniversary of Jedi is a little less sweeter. I’ll drown my sorrow in buying three or four Cobra flight pods.

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ghost Rider will be a big test for ML and whether or not we will support a smaller (relatively) project. If the HISS Tank is any indication I think the ML fans will come out if the price is right, and the offerings are good. The HISS Tank and Victory Saber have shown that smaller/cheaper (relatively) projects can bring in the backers so maybe this will be the direction Haslabs go in the future instead of giant/expensive items. But of course in the end who knows?

I also wonder if they will follow the Joe and GB teams with the use of an early bird incentive to hit the funding target early.

Don't worry, the SW team will have a special Haslab next year for the 40th of Jedi. An inflatable Emperor's Throne with one tier unlock (a foot pump to inflate it), for $800!!!! :lol: Seriously though I don't know what is going on with the SW team, they just seem to be so far out of sync with the fandom right now.
I could see them doing even smaller "diet" haslab tier for things like a devilfish, skyhawk, (they could easily throw in a figure and do those for under $100 like with Serpentor) and then a medium ish one for water moccasin, vamp MK2/stinger, et for around $150-200 depending on any add-ons etc.

But would like to see their 6" scale take on something like the Killer Whale, Moray, Mauler, or Tomahawk.
User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3852
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:04 pm

scribb wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:28 pm
darkmoon766 wrote:
Threash wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:46 pm
They said "soon", also Emily said there was almost 29000 votes counting over sea pledges so apparently those never get actually added to the total.
That is a lot of Hiss Tanks and Mickey Mouse Cobra Commanders. If you are looking to unload The MM commander, I recommend it is done early.

At least the Other figures are army builders.

Any one want to guess the production amounts of regular non A-list , non army builder figures? I wouldn't think it would be more than 50,000? I would say it would be closer to 30 or 40 thousand.

I am not an expert on this. Informed speculation is welcomed here.
I think I'll headcanon MM CC into a clone decoy then!
Or Zartan. My head cannon for any variants or running changes or inconsistencies is that is Zartan in disguise.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 pm

My hype for the Hiss has been renewed from yesterday’s reveals. But now I’m really wanting a Wolverine and Water Moccasin for Cover Girl and Copperhead. Whether it be retail or Haslab, I want to see it done. Those vehicle figures feel incomplete on a certain level with me.

And dammit where’s Zartan’s Chameleon? That thing should be barely bigger that the motorcycles they’ve been giving us.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 pm
My hype for the Hiss has been renewed from yesterday’s reveals. But now I’m really wanting a Wolverine and Water Moccasin for Cover Girl and Copperhead. Whether it be retail or Haslab, I want to see it done. Those vehicle figures feel incomplete on a certain level with me.

And dammit where’s Zartan’s Chameleon? That thing should be barely bigger that the motorcycles they’ve been giving us.
I'm not sure if Hasbro will ever give us a Classified scale Wolverine, or Water Moccasin. The way the market, and prices, has gone it just doesn't seem feasible at retail, and right now the way they run Haslabs there isn't enough there for either one to justify the ridiculous price Hasbro will ask. I recently saw the Fortnite boat, which I think would be very close in scale to the Water Moccasin, and it was nice, but it is what? $77US? And up here (Canada) it is about $115. That is retail pricing, without a figure included. So I imagine that if Hasbro would try to release a Water Moccasin, the price would be north of that to start at retail. Imagine what that would mean for a Haslab.

I think Hasbro should start looking into reducing the Haslabs in scope to try and set lower expectations for collectors. It won't happen overnight, and due to the nature of previous Haslabs it will be difficult. However moving away from high priced, large items, to lower priced, smaller items is probably the best way to go. So something like the Stinger or Vamp could be offered with a lot of accessories, and one figure, but then keep it closer to $200, or less. Then if it is successful they can try again, or they could even try a yearly split. First half of the year they do a larger, more expensive Haslab, and then in the second half of the year a cheaper, smaller Haslab. That way you can get larger vehicles (tanks, smaller aircraft, etc.) and small vehicles (Jeeps, Fang, etc).

I'm not deluding myself into believing that will ever happen, but I think it might be the way Hasbro could go in the future.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:02 am

The Wolverine is literally the only Joe HasLab I want.

Considering how much I've dropped on, like, the Thundertank, I don't know what the upper limit would be on how much I'd pay for an upgraded, 2-3 seater Wolverine.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:53 pm

Is it me or does the Wolverine featured on Covergirl’s package art look smaller. The original Wolverine is already a smaller tank but the art makes it look like it could be half its original size. Like a mini tank. I wonder if a smaller version is more viable at retail? Include blonde Covergirl and maybe it can be had be priced between $50-60?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:34 am

Saw some pics floating around YouTube for Mickey Commander and Female Hiss Gunner. Both looking good but that Hiss Gunner……I kinda want two for my Hiss. Hopefully they can sell her and some of the other Hiss figures separately later on.
User avatar
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The city with the Arch
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 am

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Ro-El wrote:Saw some pics floating around YouTube for Mickey Commander and Female Hiss Gunner. Both looking good but that Hiss Gunner……I kinda want two for my Hiss. Hopefully they can sell her and some of the other Hiss figures separately later on.
Maybe, but probably in different colors. Maybe swapped with blue jumpsuits and red accents? I'd take both male and female in a 2-pack just like that. Just like the blue ninja came in. Great way to sell army builders.

Next HasLab should obviously be the Storm Eagle with Ace.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:58 pm

I wouldn’t mind if they come out as repaints, but would love it if they actually made us vote from various color palettes like they did with the techni….tactician.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: GI Joe Classified Haslab - Hisstank

Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:34 am
Saw some pics floating around YouTube for Mickey Commander and Female Hiss Gunner. Both looking good but that Hiss Gunner……I kinda want two for my Hiss. Hopefully they can sell her and some of the other Hiss figures separately later on.
I think it has all but been confirmed that the Female Hiss Gunner will be repurposed for a new Female Trooper figure in the next year, or two.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”