G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Blackestday
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:29 am

pulpy fiction wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:40 pm
MollyMillions wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:43 pm
What's up with this Classified is now Pulse Exclusive thing coming from?

Analog Toys has a video I can't watch at the moment, and I've seen it on Facebook.
I saw an update on Hiss Tank where Emily from the Hasbro Joe team made an official statement on this:
“I just learned that GI Joe Classified is now a Pulse exclusive in UK + EU only. Still available to all retailers in the US and other parts of the world. I’ll let you know if/when I hear more about this!”

So it's specifically a Europe problem. Sorry to the folks across the pond hunting these!
what will suck is if they have that limit of 2 figures per customer. though if they're army building or whatever they could always buy from a seller in the us if they find someone with reasonable shipping.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:55 am

Blackestday wrote:
what will suck is if they have that limit of 2 figures per customer. though if they're army building or whatever they could always buy from a seller in the us if they find someone with reasonable shipping.
A smart online retailer would use this to create an opportunity by making this a specialty dealing with overseas customers by giving them a bit of a break on the shipping.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 am

So, people on YouTube have reviews up for the Wave with Tomax and Xamot, as well as the wave with the Crimson Guard. Has there been any word when these might release here in the US? Because surely, they will now beat the Hasbro Pulse dates of next year.

I swear, it's hard to estimate all this Hasbro product since they give release dates on pre orders for so far in the future, but then the product keeps getting released WAY sooner than that ETA.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:10 pm

Now that I keep finding Spirit and Storm Shadow in stores And can't track down a single officer. I only want 1 for Pete's sake. Waaaa! :cry:
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:27 pm

Super Camel wrote:
So, people on YouTube have reviews up for the Wave with Tomax and Xamot, as well as the wave with the Crimson Guard. Has there been any word when these might release here in the US? Because surely, they will now beat the Hasbro Pulse dates of next year.

I swear, it's hard to estimate all this Hasbro product since they give release dates on pre orders for so far in the future, but then the product keeps getting released WAY sooner than that ETA.
Amazon moved my Stalker/Tomax/Xamot order to Nov. 1.
Blackestday
CROM!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:19 pm

pulpy fiction wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:55 am
Blackestday wrote:
A smart online retailer would use this to create an opportunity by making this a specialty dealing with overseas customers by giving them a bit of a break on the shipping.
Anything meaningful would most likely erase their profit
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 am

So, in the hopes of kitbashing some extra Joes I ordered a $12 Lady Jaye on Amazon. What arrived just honestly cracked me up. The Lady Jaye body had been repainted so the legs and torso (except one spot on the collar behind the neck) were repainted Khaki, but not the shoulders and upper arms, those were still green. And it had a head I don't recognize at all - the hair is repainted, and might be a transplant glued onto the head from somewhere else, the face looks like a Marvel Legends but I can't place it (the hair might be throwing me off).

I'm not even mad. The figure was cheap and I was going to head swap anyway. The repaint means it stands out more from the base figure anyway. Pretty funny though.

Anyway, I just popped an X-Men Classics Dazzler head on her and she's ready to roll. Have to think of a mission appropriate code name for her now.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:45 am

PantherCult wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 am
So, in the hopes of kitbashing some extra Joes I ordered a $12 Lady Jaye on Amazon. What arrived just honestly cracked me up. The Lady Jaye body had been repainted so the legs and torso (except one spot on the collar behind the neck) were repainted Khaki, but not the shoulders and upper arms, those were still green. And it had a head I don't recognize at all - the hair is repainted, and might be a transplant glued onto the head from somewhere else, the face looks like a Marvel Legends but I can't place it (the hair might be throwing me off).

I'm not even mad. The figure was cheap and I was going to head swap anyway. The repaint means it stands out more from the base figure anyway. Pretty funny though.

Anyway, I just popped an X-Men Classics Dazzler head on her and she's ready to roll. Have to think of a mission appropriate code name for her now.
That is crazy. I think you should still say something even if you are going to keep it, just so it goes on record, and maybe they learn from it. It would be nice if they tightened up their standards and practices, so this doesn't keep happening. That's probably just a pipe dream though.
How was the custom paint work? Was it at least well applied, or was it a mess? I wonder if it was a custom cover girl in progress, possibly abandoned once the official release was announced. :lol:
Kirathis
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:45 am

I am curious if the figure was sold by Amazon or a third party through their site. Sadly, either way, it is such a logistical nightmare for Amazon to validate the authenticity of products, particularly those of third party sellers (not to mention some do not house their product with Amazon, only use them as the storefront) that they will not bother. Fielding a small amount of complaints is the easier path for them .

It is more cost effective for Amazon to simply refund the money to the customer, allow them to keep the faulty product and still pay a seller than it is to send a return receipt, accept the returned item, inspect it for validity and contact the seller for resolution. Even at full price, our figures represent less than a thousandth of a percent of their total revenue stream for the year and their personnel costs for a return or validation would be more than the value of the figure. I have filed issues with other orders of a similar value and Amazon's automated system simply refunds my money and tells me to keep or dispose of the item.

It is honestly rather sad.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:25 pm

Kirathis wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:45 am
I am curious if the figure was sold by Amazon or a third party through their site. Sadly, either way, it is such a logistical nightmare for Amazon to validate the authenticity of products, particularly those of third party sellers (not to mention some do not house their product with Amazon, only use them as the storefront) that they will not bother. Fielding a small amount of complaints is the easier path for them .
It was sold by Amazon - and to be fair, there was some labeling indicating it was a "second chance" item or some such. I assumed that meant it was a return with a damaged box. I've seen plenty of complaints here about Amazon's less than safe packing on figures and just assumed somebody got a beat up box and sent it back. Obviously what I got was a little more than a beat up box. But, like I said, I'm actually OK with the figure I got and would have paid the $12 ask even if the figure had been accurately described since it was fodder for me anyway. I suppose I could get my $12 back, but I'd feel weird about it.

Right now there is a listing on Amazon for Lady Jaye with open box "like new" for $12.95...

And to answer a previous question - the custom paintwork is actually good. At first I was wracking my brain trying to identify what body was used because it looked too good to be a random repaint - until I saw the small patch of green on the collar. But otherwise the paint work seems to be solid.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:42 am

Ro-El wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:34 pm
Fly4v wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:04 pm
Ro-El wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:57 pm
While it doesn’t affect me personally because of being in the US, that Pulse exclusivity thing for fellow collectors overseas effing sucks hard. It just reduces availability.

In the Target collector’s corner front, what the heck was that pathetic excuse for a rollout? Cobra Island Roadblock and Barbecue which have already been available on their site for ages now.

As Pulsecon closes, I’m worried about being able to get Serpentor and air chariot. I hope he will be easy to get.
Not all Americans are immune from this.

It doesn't affect you because your part of the US has not been zipcode restrictioned by Target .
Yeah, I totally forgot about that. I do recall some posters not being able get their Targets preorders in due to the area they live in. I wonder why that is? Is there some kind of state law that is preventing that?
Target does it to force people into the stores to pay higher prices. Yet, The stores rarely, if ever, get the figures in stock.

Target cites shipping restrictions, Hasbro prohibits selling them to this State... they even try to saying the State bans them...... :ugh:

All easily refuted factually deficient statements since Amazon, Walmart, Walgreens, Gamestop, BBTS, Dorkside, Hasbro Pulse, and until now Zavvi UK and Star Action Figures would ship here.

It would be a stretch but possibly discrimination, false advertising, certainly violates the intent of anti-trust laws, and very much price gouging if you are under a state of emergency.

Yet, none of the agencies responsible for investigating it would probably do anything about it.

Target did it during Covid Lockdowns in some parts of the US, mainly Southern California if I recall correctly, with cleaning supplies.

Nobody is going to care about toys.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:13 am

Super Camel wrote:

GameStop CA got me Stalker and the twins overnight out of the blue, so I bet you'll see them in October.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:13 am
Super Camel wrote:

GameStop CA got me Stalker and the twins overnight out of the blue, so I bet you'll see them in October.
Thanks :) And thanks The_Kilted_Fett for your info as well. I have added this wave to the list of things I expect to have to pay for in October. It's crazy how all this stuff just keeps coming in. Especially from Hasbro.

But I'm very excited to get this Wave.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Thew talking about Joes during the Pulse Preview Show is a perfect hurricane of weird niche things I live for. I love how frank he is about it, "you better give Hawk his helmet," indeed.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:45 pm

Are there links for Serpentor yet?

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”