G.I. Joe Classified Tiger Force & Python Patrol - Target Exclusive

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Tiger Force & Python Patrol - Target Exclusive

Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:05 pm

:lol:
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:39 pm

canprime wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:29 am

Because.......reasons....... :rolleyes:

The guy who bought TRU has a history of pushing "collectibles" in his stores (Sunrise Records, HMV) so it doesn't surprise me he thinks higher pricing goes hand in hand with "collectible" toys.
Found the new wave of Legends Disney+ Friday. $50 a pop after HST. I didn't bite, but I felt a pang of disgust.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:28 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:39 pm
Found the new wave of Legends Disney+ Friday. $50 a pop after HST. I didn't bite, but I felt a pang of disgust.
I found they had came in to my local TRU, and i picked up the she hulk and loved it, walked over to the price check, and looked at the price and fell over thinking it was going to be $50 after taxes. What the hell is happening here?!!! I looked at the Outback as the store exclusive and what he's ripping off folks for on the secondary market. However these are just average release figures. That's a disgrace, and a lot of people will be forced to give up the hobby, or be super exclusive about their choices if this becomes the norm/average price range.
What bothers me is walking in the physical stores and seeing the price on an item at full price. However if i go online, i find it for pick up at that location for 25% cheaper, or on sale. I find stuff listed as out of stock online, and then go in the store and there is a rack of them, and the website never updates and lists them. Or the website doesn't list an item, and it doesn't return in a search in their site, but the location has it, and if you do a specific google search for that item and the name toys r us, you can find loads of hidden listings that will take you to their site and make legitimate sales for pick up and delivery. When i picked up outback, they were surprised i knew it was there, because it took them awhile to fulfill my order, as it they weren't on the floor, waiting in the back for a shelf re-line to fit them in.
The whole system of the place is broken. It's no wonder they shut down, the only reason they are here is because someone wanted to buy them to make money off of their well known name, and they have no direct competition here.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:09 am

Yeah, I can just cross the street to EB and the staff is always happy to run a systems search and transfer things in for me. At $20 less than TRU.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:54 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:09 am
Yeah, I can just cross the street to EB and the staff is always happy to run a systems search and transfer things in for me. At $20 less than TRU.
The prices are better, but I've had some crappy experiences there. We have 2 locations near me. One is closer and easier for me to get to. First, not going to deep, I wasn't impressed with the service at this location. I've been to different locations across the province, and do not find this the norm at all. Outside of how i felt about the service, I had done some pre-orders there. Both times, I went in the day they came in, and found they had "sold" my items. Both times, I didn't end up being able to get those items from them
I started going to the other store, and have received much better service. However twice when i had notifications that my order was ready to pick up at this other location, they hadn't put it away for me. Luckily, both times I was able to find them on shelves, but still that's not how it's suppose to work. I'm saving money compared to other big box stores like TRU, my membership card paid for itself years ago. and I'm saving on shipping fees compared to online retailers. I guess its worth the hassle with the way these figure prices keep going up. Hustle for yo dolla billz y'all! :wink:
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:28 pm

Oakville TRU has a dozen Outbacks, no Python anyone. I've never seen the BAT.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:26 am

Just noticed that my preorder for Outback is on backorder, and he’s out of stock on Target.com. Ugh…
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:58 am

nilocomic wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:26 am
Just noticed that my preorder for Outback is on backorder, and he’s out of stock on Target.com. Ugh…
Mine too! Hopefully they don't end up cancelling our orders. But that seems to be Targets go to move when something is marked "backorder" that was on pre order.

Outback was supposed to ship today, I think. So, they probably just didn't get the figure in and couldn't meet the date they recently posted. So, hopefully when they do get it our orders will ship. But with Target, who knows.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:59 am

I had to approve delays for Outback. I already have him and the BAT from the UK and the Viper should be here in the next day or two. At this point, I'll be surprised if Target ever ships these.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:05 pm

Yep, had to approve a delay too. Not a good sign.
Nik
CROM!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:35 pm

Outback got delayed for me as well, so after I secured a pre-order for standard Outback I cancelled this one. I've had this dude and the PP Cobras in my PO list for way too long, I think it's been just about a year since I ordered them. I have a feeling I may be doing the same thing with Bazooka. Hopefully not, hopefully Target actually fulfills those pre-orders in less than a year's time.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:14 pm

I had to approve the delay today as well. It says now the figures is due between the 7th and the 17th of this month. So, hopefully that's accurate. But traditionally when things get back ordered and need approval from Target, they also get cancelled. Why that is I'll never know. It's why I hate pre ordering from Target and Wal-Mart. It's like your only 50% sure you have the item secured.

I should give Target some credit though. They are much better now than they were just 2 or 3 years ago, and their exclusives are much easier to get. And their exclusives seem to stay in stock, or once sold out come back in stock regularly. Whereas just a couple years ago they sold out instantly and that was that.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:36 pm

Target better ship my Outback! I really hate how they handle this. The page will clearly read "Preorder: Item Available October 2nd" or something to that extent, and then as soon as you preorder, the thing goes into BACKORDERED and pushes back two weeks. I still have a backup on Pulse and I made two Target Preorders that have wildly different October dates, and naturally my old preorder is pushed back further than the one I made on October 1st. Classic Target and their "Last Come, First Served" preorder policy.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:09 pm

So... it's interesting to me that Outback was moved to "Back ordered" status at Target.com but the other two figures ordered with him, the Viper and BAT, are still listed as "Preorder- release date coming soon".

It would be nice to have them, but I guess I'm in no real rush.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:19 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:09 pm
So... it's interesting to me that Outback was moved to "Back ordered" status at Target.com but the other two figures ordered with him, the Viper and BAT, are still listed as "Preorder- release date coming soon".

It would be nice to have them, but I guess I'm in no real rush.
We're quickly approaching an entire year since that preorder. I'm not technically in a rush, either, but I'm sick of waiting.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”