G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:43 pm

What's up with this Classified is now Pulse Exclusive thing coming from?

Analog Toys has a video I can't watch at the moment, and I've seen it on Facebook.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:03 pm

MollyMillions wrote:

Analog Toys has a video I can't watch at the moment, and I've seen it on Facebook.
https://toynewsi.com/278-44504

I think it is being reported as Pulse exclusive in the UK.

Really dumb any way you look at it. If a line started that way I can see it, but changing distribution like that in the middle of a lines popularity is bonkers.
T'Chaka
Customized

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:26 pm

Is this because of all the early leaks from Europe and China?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:57 pm

While it doesn’t affect me personally because of being in the US, that Pulse exclusivity thing for fellow collectors overseas effing sucks hard. It just reduces availability.

In the Target collector’s corner front, what the heck was that pathetic excuse for a rollout? Cobra Island Roadblock and Barbecue which have already been available on their site for ages now.

As Pulsecon closes, I’m worried about being able to get Serpentor and air chariot. I hope he will be easy to get.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:04 pm

The barrage of preorders and the long windows has really messed me up. I thought I regretted only buying one set of blue ninjas and my order from Pulse just showed up, two sets. Past Me was smart enough to know that Future Me would want two sets, but Past Me was too dumb to remember I ordered two.

I've duplicated a lot of figures by accident the past few months and I'm wondering if I'm losing it a little or something. In this case though, Past Me's irresponsibility is a win.
barbecue17
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:08 pm

T'Chaka wrote:
I'm wondering if the issue is the popularity of G.I. Joe in the UK and Europe. I know G.I. Joe was integrated into Action Force there, but how popular is G.I. Joe? Is it selling in stores well in the UK and Europe? Anyone in the UK and Europe who can shed some light on the popularity of the brand there?

Maybe Valaverse's Action Force is going to retail in the UK and Europe and G.I. Joe Classified will be online only. :lol:
useasneeded4pain
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:27 pm

barbecue17 wrote:
T'Chaka wrote:
I'm wondering if the issue is the popularity of G.I. Joe in the UK and Europe.
I'd guess it's 100% a demand (popularity) issue. Online retailers in the UK and Europe aren't ordering in high enough quantities (because the demand isn't there) so Hasbro has decided it isn't worth it to them to continually supply so many retailers, thus they're handling the supply themselves. By going D2C, Hasbro likely profits a bit more per unit sold, as they're not splitting profits with the retailers.

Just a pure guess from me that feels logical from a logistics perspective.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:40 pm

barbecue17 wrote:
T'Chaka wrote:
I'm wondering if the issue is the popularity of G.I. Joe in the UK and Europe. I know G.I. Joe was integrated into Action Force there, but how popular is G.I. Joe? Is it selling in stores well in the UK and Europe? Anyone in the UK and Europe who can shed some light on the popularity of the brand there?

Maybe Valaverse's Action Force is going to retail in the UK and Europe and G.I. Joe Classified will be online only. :lol:
Judging by Hasbro Pulse UK is tough because there is a good deal of Classified figures sold out over there, but who knows how many Hasbro allocated there? The UK online figure shops seem to have a fair bit sold out too though. On both accounts not just the figures that showed up early in the UK, but across the line.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:04 pm

Ro-El wrote:
While it doesn’t affect me personally because of being in the US, that Pulse exclusivity thing for fellow collectors overseas effing sucks hard. It just reduces availability.

In the Target collector’s corner front, what the heck was that pathetic excuse for a rollout? Cobra Island Roadblock and Barbecue which have already been available on their site for ages now.

As Pulsecon closes, I’m worried about being able to get Serpentor and air chariot. I hope he will be easy to get.
Not all Americans are immune from this.

It doesn't affect you because your part of the US has not been zipcode restrictioned by Target .
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:43 pm

barbecue17 wrote:
Oh lord. Don’t say that. I’ve already seen some of the Vala super fans exclaiming that this is a win for Valaverse because they forced Hasbro into copying the online model.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:13 pm

Five of my last eight orders have come from the UK or Canada.

I checked out Star Action Figures Facebook because they occasionally post their issues with hasbro. They didn't mention the Classified situation, but he did post about some of the pricing issues they've been having. Hasbro has been giving stores higher listed price information, while selling them at a lower price on Pulse for several hours. He said the Andor Shoretrooper was four pounds cheaper on Pulse for three hours before they were notified. SAF has to adjust all the preorders they sold and he pointed out how a bulk of their preorders typically sell in the first few hours, so they are at a disadvantage when the listings go live with the incorrect price. Hasbro UK sounds shady.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Fly4v wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:04 pm
Ro-El wrote:

Not all Americans are immune from this.

It doesn't affect you because your part of the US has not been zipcode restrictioned by Target .
Yeah, I totally forgot about that. I do recall some posters not being able get their Targets preorders in due to the area they live in. I wonder why that is? Is there some kind of state law that is preventing that?
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:40 pm

MollyMillions wrote:

I saw an update on Hiss Tank where Emily from the Hasbro Joe team made an official statement on this:
“I just learned that GI Joe Classified is now a Pulse exclusive in UK + EU only. Still available to all retailers in the US and other parts of the world. I’ll let you know if/when I hear more about this!”

So it's specifically a Europe problem. Sorry to the folks across the pond hunting these!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:31 pm

I always anticipated this, but Amazon.ca has Zarana (I never saw Dusty) up for October 24th. Makes sense given Stalker and the Twins and the Crimson Guard have already come out.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:36 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:31 pm
I always anticipated this, but Amazon.ca has Zarana (I never saw Dusty) up for October 24th. Makes sense given Stalker and the Twins and the Crimson Guard have already come out.
...and they're gone! Thanks! I managed to grab one of each today. They didn't last too long though. Also unfortunately they were just listed for this date on Amazon Canada. The American site still had them listed for the original release date of March 2023.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics