G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:26 am

xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:11 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:08 pm
I was just going to ask if anyone had found Spirit/Officer/Storm Shadow wave in stores. Haven't seen or heard of them being in Mich yet.
Yes, here in FL, ive seen SS, officer and spirit at my LCS.
Where in Florida? Know any good shops around Tampa?
Im in Miami, dont know much about tampa.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:47 am

os189 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:30 am
Both BAT and Alley Viper were up for $24.99 on amazon at some point during the day.

I couldn't buy either cause I'm broke.

It's a rotten feeling to not even be able to pick up figures you want cause you don't have two nickels to rub together. Haven't felt like this since middle school.
I finding this hard to understand really. I thought I saw you posted somewhere on the site threads you were living at home? I mean if this is true you can't find somewhere that is hiring to have some money until you can get the job you want again? Plus I thought at one time you said were overseas or was I mistaken?
You were right though I just grabbed two Alley Vipers and two more BATs off Amazon for the $24.99 price.
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:51 pm

Via my son, Spirit, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Officer showing up at Targets in the Chicago area.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:08 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
os189 wrote:
Both BAT and Alley Viper were up for $24.99 on amazon at some point during the day.

It's a rotten feeling to not even be able to pick up figures you want cause you don't have two nickels to rub together. Haven't felt like this since middle school.
I finding this hard to understand really. I thought I saw you posted somewhere on the site threads you were living at home? I mean if this is true you can't find somewhere that is hiring to have some money until you can get the job you want again? Plus I thought at one time you said were overseas or was I mistaken?
You were right though I just grabbed two Alley Vipers and two more BATs off Amazon for the $24.99 price.
I was living overseas and came back to America. I'm living with my elderly parents now. Moving back here wiped me out completely. I don't have any money. I don't have a driver's license since I haven't needed to drive a car for over a decade.

I'm 45 years old. I have a college degree. It's already insulting enough when my sister-in-law tells me I should go be a grocery bagger, but having complete strangers telling me the same thing on the internet is even worse.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:46 pm

os189 wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
os189 wrote:

I was living overseas and came back to America. I'm living with my elderly parents now. Moving back here wiped me out completely. I don't have any money. I don't have a driver's license since I haven't needed to drive a car for over a decade.

I'm 45 years old. I have a college degree. It's already insulting enough when my sister-in-law tells me I should go be a grocery bagger, but having complete strangers telling me the same thing on the internet is even worse.
As long as you are healthy and have a willingness to work for the things you want you are ahead of a lot of people. Enjoy the toys you have ( I assume you have a decent sized horde still) and resolve to buy the stuff you still want later when it's more agreeable to your situation. People often tell others without a job to just go do anything, but then you're in a job you honestly don't want or like spending most of your time that could be used on job apps and interviews instead bagging groceries and whatnot. Look for something you don't mind doing, and that way you can apply for better stuff in your off time. You'd be surprised at how quickly things can turn around sometimes. Again, this is not meant as a lecture, I assume you get enough of those; just offering some perspective. Many of us have collections we could easily be buried alive by, so sometimes it's important to step back and enjoy the stuff you DO have rather than thinking about the stuff you don't or are wanting at the moment.
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 pm

xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:11 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
Mr potatohead wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:08 pm
I was just going to ask if anyone had found Spirit/Officer/Storm Shadow wave in stores. Haven't seen or heard of them being in Mich yet.
Yes, here in FL, ive seen SS, officer and spirit at my LCS.
Where in Florida? Know any good shops around Tampa?
Big Redhead Vintage Toys in Tampa is pretty cool:
https://www.facebook.com/bigredheadvintagetoys/

Coliseum of Comics has a Tampa location that I've never been to, but the two Orlando locations are the comic shops I buy from the most. I don't think they have been carrying Classified, though.
https://coliseumofcomics.com/stores/new-tampa/
MLNUT
Yells At Clouds

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:36 pm

FINALLY found some new Joe's at retail a couple of days ago. Walmart had Spirit and Cobra officer and Storm Shadow.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:44 am

os189 wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
os189 wrote:

I honestly didn't mean it to sound like that. If it sounded like that I do sincerely apologize. I just don't want you to be bummed out and hopefully in the future you can find something you might like to do while you wait for a job fitting of your degree. I just hope you do find something you like to do so you can enjoy the hobby once again.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 am

os189 wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
os189 wrote:

Any work you do to provide, is nothing to be ashamed of. Don’t let your pride keep you from making money.
I had worked as a graphic designer, and when that company folded, I needed income to keep a roof over my head, and a powerful need to eat. I took the first place that hired me. It wasn’t glamorous. It was building maintenance and amounted to being a glorified broom pusher. But, by the time I left there, I was making 25% more money than I did as a graphic designer, and had increased my skill set, making me more marketable.
If I had let my pride get in the way, that wouldn’t have happened. I went on to get better work, but that kept me from being homeless. Don’t be too proud. It can hurt you.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:36 pm

You have to start somewhere. The decision to take the first step is very hard but rewarding in the end. Not preaching here but just encouraging you to give it a go. It will be good in time.

Regarding Classified I hope Lenny gets to make new characters. I’d be very curious what lil Lenny was dreaming up as a kid and gets to push forward as an adult.

It’s completely silly and very fan boy but I’m in for this ride with this creative team’s vision. Yes I love getting updated bigger versions of the toys I loved as a boy. But I’m equally fascinated by what this design team would come up with that is new…Yeah I know they did the mortal combat Storm Shadow, Nerf guns, and gold armor on Joes. I take it all in and it still fascinates me.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:58 pm

os189 wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
os189 wrote:

I get where you're coming from. I was there once myself. A few years ago I was laid off, I was right around your age and also with a college degree. I was looking for jobs in my field and in adjacent fields, but many resumes were going unanswered, and when I'd get an interview I still wouldn't get a job. I suffered several bouts of depression following missing out on jobs I really wanted. The idea of "lowering myself" to go work at some crap job just to bring in money was outright painful and a notion I rejected on a number of occasions.

At around a year following my layoff, I finally sucked it up and got a job at a grocery store. I wished I had done it sooner, just having money coming in (even if it wasn't enough) was a profound help, and it was a help to my mental state to have direction and not be knocking around the house all day angry and depressed, even if I was still resentful over working something "beneath me" at first. I did that for a while (while continuing to hunt for jobs in my field) and even got promoted to doing buying. Then I finally found another job in my field and things got back on track.

So when I encourage you to go find a job, any job, I'm not meaning to insult you, even if you feel like it is. I understand the feeling and would have felt the same way when I was in your position. But looking back on it, I realize it was the best thing possible. In your case, getting enough money going so you can get your license and a used car will help you massively.

And it's a better job market than when I was in your shoes. You can quite possible find something slightly better than just stocking shelves or taking fast food orders as your interim job. Just make sure you have enough flexibility in your schedule to continue your job search.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Sorry for derailing the thread and being a Debbie Downer.

It's been a very, very unpleasant year. I'm too old to "start over." From where I stand now, the only logical thing to do is just to just drop out altogether. Stopping collecting goes without saying. I'm thinking of just dropping out of society altogether. I never got married, never had any kids. I'm already middle-aged. Nothing good will ever happen to me from this point anyway.

Eh. Enough about my sad-sack life.

Back to GI Joe figures...
Blackestday
CROM!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:42 pm

os189 wrote:

It's been a very, very unpleasant year. I'm too old to "start over." From where I stand now, the only logical thing to do is just to just drop out altogether. Stopping collecting goes without saying. I'm thinking of just dropping out of society altogether. I never got married, never had any kids. I'm already middle-aged. Nothing good will ever happen to me from this point anyway.

just a suggestion because i don't know...maybe you never considered it. go for an entry level/labor job at a factory of a large/larger company. with your degree you most likely could move up. i've seen it many times. upper level jobs are posted within because many offer education reimbursement or cover the cost completely....they'd rather promote their own drones that already have knowledge or what is going on there.
now i do work with some that always find a way to brag about their engineering degree that have tried to plug a fan into a up or down button on a crane hoist controller or tried to use an aquarium circulation pump to drain a large tank.

might be worth a shot. you'd have most likely livable income within a week or so and start meeting a whole new batch of people that you may have never thought to interact with before. comic and toy fans are everywhere.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:38 pm

os189 wrote:

I don't know your skillset or what kind of degree you have but the military, the civilian workforce is always hiring and I know for sure you are not too old to start over there. There are many civilians who work for the military who were not in the military. Like I said I don't know you degree or skillsets but you have an advantage with the degree and you could possibly get hired in a GS 11 position which makes basic $62,000 starting off. It may not be what you were use to making but $62,000 at nothing to sneeze at, either, lol.
I know the VA is hiring as well and is looking to plus up their workforce. You can go to usajobs.gov and create an account and just see how many jobs are available. I've even thought that once my divorce payments are over early next year of looking under usajobs for VA positions.

Okay, I don't know what a lot of you think about Jinx but I hope sooner than later we get a Jinx figure.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:44 pm

kboe1313 wrote:I want a Classified Sunbow BAT so bad. I'm gonna swap the Python Patrol BAT's head with the regular BAT because that red visor looks so good with the black.
I preordered a Python Patrol BAT just to steal the head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”