G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Retro Card Figures

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:23 pm

I returned my crushed gung ho for a replacement last week, finally got here today. Guys it came in a box AND wrapped in a thick bubble wrap bag. Now i feel bad about opening it.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:02 pm

Opened up Destro over the weekend and didn't realize how much I was going to like the silver gloves. I was (and still am, since it's vintage accurate) fine with the regular version's black gloves but the silver really perk him up. And I actually like the "eyebrows" on this head.

I do wish they had revised the overly bunched-up wrist rockets though. Probably my only remaining quibble.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:00 pm

I really like the look of those too. Tempted to grab one and do a little fix up using the retro gloves and belt/holster. Wish I could find a marked down return with a smashed up card.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:56 am

Threash wrote:
I returned my crushed gung ho for a replacement last week, finally got here today. Guys it came in a box AND wrapped in a thick bubble wrap bag. Now i feel bad about opening it.
I think I'm misunderstanding you here.

You say you returned a figure for having bent packaging even though you plan on opening it?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:46 am

fletch137 wrote:
Threash wrote:

You say you returned a figure for having bent packaging even though you plan on opening it?
Maybe he wanted to display the carefully opened cardback, and the crushed one made that impossible.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:27 am

I was checking out the planogram sheets at my Walmart. I don't see a spot for Retro at my store. Back in January my store had space for Classified and Retro. For the he Fall, it's Classified and Figure with Pet. If true, that will limit my opportunities for finding some nicer cards.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 pm

fletch137 wrote:
Threash wrote:

Yes, because the card back is part of what I paid for. I still have plenty of card backs from 40 freaking years ago. Also there is the principle of the thing.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:59 pm

Pulse sent out my retros a couple of days ago. Should be here by Friday. Kinda nervous about well they packaged them.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 pm

Got my Pulse Destro and Baroness - both were laying on top of air bags - Destro was in about a 13x19 box and has a few creases. Baroness was in one a little bigger than the card and 5x as tall - and is in absolutely perfect shape.
The_Kilted_Fett
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:47 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Does anyone already have the Valaverse "Declassified" pack & Retro Gung Ho? I'd love to see a comparison, because god knows when I can do it myself.
Just got mine in today.

Had to boil it all to get it on, but I'm happy with the look.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Count Drunkula
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:45 am

Got my Pulse preorder. Happy with all, albeit not sure there is enough different about Lady Jaye to warrant a purchase - maybe if you really, really want that 80's camcorder and tiny backpack. Very, very pleased with the black on black Baroness. However, Gung Ho is just *Chef's Kiss*. Star of the show. The first version is already packed away and forgotten forever.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:26 am

fletch137 wrote:
Threash wrote:

Yea, its called MOC-open box collector LOL
Im one of them also.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:04 am

Threash wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 pm
fletch137 wrote:
Threash wrote:

Yes, because the card back is part of what I paid for. I still have plenty of card backs from 40 freaking years ago. Also there is the principle of the thing.
I get you. I hadn't considered it as a sort of art collection.

And now that I think about it, there's the file card that's clearly intended to be kept. Not sure why I questioned you in the first place.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:19 pm

My returned Gung-Ho has been on the shelf for nine days. The packaging wasn't really trashed either.
RamTron
HULK SMASH!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:30 pm

These retro cards have been hitting Walmart’s shelves then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”