Super7: G.I. ReAction

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: G.I. ReAction

Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:51 pm

Yea, first ReAction I ever bought. Ordered them instantly from S7 haha.

Can’t believe these are being made.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:24 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:03 pm

Not April Fools!! Actually real and available to preorder now.
Ok, I'm definitely out of the loop on this. Where are these from? (the joke PSAs)

I laughed way harder than I should have from the "Hey kid, I'm a computer" line.

Nice way to get a ReAction Mutt.

Oh and on a side note, TRU (up here in Canada) has started carrying ReAction figures. Saw TMNT, Star Trek, and a bunch of other properties I can't think of of the top of my head. They also had GI Joe, it looked like most of wave 1 and 2. They looked really great in person, especially the army builders, and their multiple skin tones/looks. Too bad they are $23 each. Half that price and I would bite.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:23 pm

I wish they went with his toy colors instead of his cartoon colors. But now that they have the mold, I'd imagine they'll do a re-paint sooner or later.

ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:13 pm

canprime wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:24 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:03 pm

Not April Fools!! Actually real and available to preorder now.
Ok, I'm definitely out of the loop on this. Where are these from? (the joke PSAs)

I laughed way harder than I should have from the "Hey kid, I'm a computer" line.
These are quite old. One of the early internet "memes/fads" there were a dozen or two of these as I recall. All are pretty hilarious. I believe as the story goes it was actually started before the internet days with the guy who did all these doing them before Youtube was a thing, but then it blew up once he uploaded some to the net a few years later.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 pm

I found the darker Snake Eyes and non-PSA Roadblock today at Target, so that wave seems to be out at retail (Target). They've also got the lighter color Snake Eyes on clearance for $12-13. I really like that they went with a more cartoon aesthetic than what we got from MotU and Thundercats and even TMNT. Some of those sculpts are so ugly, meant to evoke the same generic sculpts other figures in this style had back in the day. But these and the Transformers ReAction figures look great to me.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 06, 2022 6:35 am

I already have the Snake Eyes pre-ordered. I'm thinking about getting the rest of these to have what I consider the core characters. I know these are overpriced with Classified figures being only a few dollars more. But the packaging is pulling on my nostalgia strings.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 06, 2022 3:07 pm

The price really is disgusting for what we get. And seeing them hanging on the pegs next to Classified figures that are only $2 more has really convinced me multiple times to leave these alone. But I still caved. I have Major Bludd, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Lady Jaye, Duke, and Roadblock so far. I just ordered Cobra Commander and Destro. I plan on getting Flint and Baroness. And once they announce Shipwreck, I'll have everything I really want. But if they dip deeper into 1985, I'm screwed.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 06, 2022 5:34 pm

I returned the five figures I bought from Target after holding onto them for about a month. After I bought them, I started adding other figures to my BBTS cart, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Then I started thinking about future figures and the dollar amount going to figures whose packaging I would likely not even want to open.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 08, 2022 4:52 am

There's a great new Kickstarter for generic Ninjas in this style (they actually have a couple of great added bits of hidden articulation) that would go amazing with the Joe ReActions.

I know S7 has already released some ninja, but I think these would definitely help fill out the ranks.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 08, 2022 2:04 pm

I saw figures from the new wave last night at Target including Firefly, Cobra Commander, and Baroness. I have to echo everyone else, these are tempting, but the price is totally unjustifiable for what you are getting. Personally I think we need to stop letting companies get away with charging whatever they want as long as they tickle our nostalgia bone. No way these are worth $18 a pop, even with pretty pictures on the box that look like what you remember as a kid. I would even be willing to bite with the 5 poa, but these need to be at least $8 less.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 08, 2022 5:53 pm

I'd only buy these if they made Community versions like Wingman and Buzzkill. To sell these for $18 is asking a lot; the fact that Target has them on their shelves in the toy isle is really bizarre. But I guess Target never was good at properly stocking their toy isles. The PSA meme ones are neat wall decorations.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 10, 2022 10:20 pm

Target has a new exclusive after the light blue Snake Eyes, Red Ninja. Spotted a case of them today, along with Baroness and toy colors Cobra Commander.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 11, 2022 1:23 am

If these get marked down to $4.99, I’ll totally pick some up.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Sat May 21, 2022 12:47 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:04 pm
I saw figures from the new wave last night at Target including Firefly, Cobra Commander, and Baroness. I have to echo everyone else, these are tempting, but the price is totally unjustifiable for what you are getting. Personally I think we need to stop letting companies get away with charging whatever they want as long as they tickle our nostalgia bone. No way these are worth $18 a pop, even with pretty pictures on the box that look like what you remember as a kid. I would even be willing to bite with the 5 poa, but these need to be at least $8 less.
Agreed. I'd rather look at the carded originals I have than buy these. Even though that dark blue snake eyes v2 is tempting, seeing the card art with him holding a sword while another one is sheathed kinda ruins it for me. That's poor quality control to do that.
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 23, 2022 4:30 pm

A number of these are on sale right now through the Target app for $7-$9. I grabbed Destro, Cobra Commander, comic Snake Eyes, blue Baronness, Kwinn, and Scarlett. I agree that for $18 these are a bit of a joke but at these sale prices I'd probably pick up anything I could find. Now I just gotta bring myself to actually open them...

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”