G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Movie Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm

Scarlett keeps selling out at every store before I get there to see in person, glad I pre-ordered when I did. All the other figures have been plentiful.
Lantu
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm

The Wal-Mart near my house had 2 Scarletts. not sure if they are still there
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:27 am

There is a massive difference in head pegs between movie and Classified Scarlett, almost like Hasbro did this on purpose. I think even dremeling the head wouldn’t work, not enough space inside the head to account for the huge difference.

What does work is swapping the neck pegs. Movie Scarlett’s neck peg swaps onto the Classified Scarlett.

However, Classified Scarlett neck peg will not swap onto the movie figure — it’s way too thick. You would have to shave it down.

Which is a shame because in terms of articulation, movie Scarlett is a better figure with those butterfly hinges my Classified Scarlett doesn’t have (either thst or they don’t work).
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:27 am
She looks good. I got her on pre-order but I've considered canceling her. I planned to use her body for an MCU Red Room Widow. I was seriously disappointed to learn that her uniform isn't black so doesn't really serve as custom fodder. However, that head sculpt looks almost too good to pass up.
Darthgaar
HULK SMASH!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:58 am

Movie Scarlet was $4.99 an hour ago on Amazon, manage to get a couple pre-orders in! I hope they don't cancel my orders.
Keeping an eye on that SE..
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:54 am

Interesting, I wonder if they were trying to get rid of remaining pre-orders or it was a pricing mistake. Usually, if the price drops down like it has for Akiko, Amazon would automatically reduce my pre-order price as part of their pre-order price guarantee. But my Scarlett pre-order is still $19.99, so I think the $4.99 had to be a mistake by Amazon. I did get Movie Snake Eyes for $4.99 when he went up initially by that price by mistake.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Yeah, I got a price drop email from Honey about Scarlett. Of course, by the time I saw it it went back up. Makes me want to preorder everything with Amazon, almost.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:58 am

My Akiko arrive earlier than expected from Target. I have to say I’m enjoying this figure more than I thought I would. Great likeness to the actress. My biggest complaint are the high heels. Weird design choice for a ninja. She would work much better wearing those ninja socks/shoes. Also, would have been nice if she had an Arashikage symbol someone on her uniform.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Got another delay notice from Target on Scarlett. I hope they don't eventually cancel, she is the only figure from the movie line that hasn't' been easy to find in store.
Slaker
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:Got another delay notice from Target on Scarlett. I hope they don't eventually cancel, she is the only figure from the movie line that hasn't' been easy to find in store.
Scarlett is in stock rn on BBTS if you're interested. Could even keep it in a pile of loot as a backup and cancel later if you're so inclined.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:32 am

I chatted with Amazon CS about the Scarlet price drop in late Oct. This is a copy/paste of their response:
Upon checking, The price of the item you ordered wasn't drop down, as on website, the prices would fall and rise regularly, In this case, Once the item get released on Dec 1, I request you to please reach back to us, so that we can help you with $4 promotional credit.
Anyways, I got impatient waiting for Scarlet. Since my Walmarts are buried in movie wave 1 and the Targets have CC, Jaye, a Flint blocking any new figures, I paid $35 last week shipped from CMD and today I had a second dropped into my POL. I'll cancel the Amazon preorder if they are only taking off $4.
Darthgaar
HULK SMASH!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:25 am

madflava wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:54 am
Interesting, I wonder if they were trying to get rid of remaining pre-orders or it was a pricing mistake. Usually, if the price drops down like it has for Akiko, Amazon would automatically reduce my pre-order price as part of their pre-order price guarantee. But my Scarlett pre-order is still $19.99, so I think the $4.99 had to be a mistake by Amazon. I did get Movie Snake Eyes for $4.99 when he went up initially by that price by mistake.
I have a Scarlet on preorder with Amazon since the figure first went up, that preorder was locked in at the full retail price and never changed even though the Scarlet movie figure has hit $4.99 a couple times (Amazon is supposed to guarantee the lowest price listed on their site for pre-orders). I think it's because I pre-ordered the movie figure under the codename Mosquito and the movie figure that's been hitting $4.99 is named Scarlet.
I canceled my original "Mosquito" Scarlet and hoping that Amazon comes through on my two $4.99 orders.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:11 pm

Slaker wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:43 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:Got another delay notice from Target on Scarlett. I hope they don't eventually cancel, she is the only figure from the movie line that hasn't' been easy to find in store.
Scarlett is in stock rn on BBTS if you're interested. Could even keep it in a pile of loot as a backup and cancel later if you're so inclined.
Ah, thanks!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Well, she just shipped, but I won't breathe a sigh of relief until I've opened the box. Fingers crossed.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:15 pm

UGH. I forgot to cancel my Pulse Akiko after I found her in stores, and now it's on its way. Of all the figures I'd love an extra of, I have no use for two of her, despite how awesome she is. :|

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”