Classified Vehicles

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Classified Vehicles

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:56 pm

I’m all for vehicles no matter the size. But yeah, smaller is the way to go for retailers but I would like to see a Haslab crowdfunding for larger vehicles to see where the market is for that. Wild Bill with Dragonfly would be my first pick for a crowdfund.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:24 am

Fly4v wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:15 am
Well, this seems like the perfect time to bring up this "Cracked" article about GI Joe equipment design.

https://www.cracked.com/blog/the-20-stu ... cles-ever/
I always thought the FANG copter looked like the Gyrocopter Pilot's rig from Mad Max. I'd rather have Klinger from M.A.S.H. coming to save me in that flying bell from the opening intro.

I also want to know why if GI Joe is the "American" Hero, Cobra apparently has such easy access to A-10 Warthogs.
Fly4v
CROM!

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:06 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Fly4v wrote:
Well, this seems like the perfect time to bring up this "Cracked" article about GI Joe equipment design.

I always thought the FANG copter looked like the Gyrocopter Pilot's rig from Mad Max. I'd rather have Klinger from M.A.S.H. coming to save me in that flying bell from the opening intro.

I also want to know why if GI Joe is the "American" Hero, Cobra apparently has such easy access to A-10 Warthogs.
Do you remember the Egg models of aircraft?

The Fang reminds be a a poorly proportioned copy of Blue Thunder which was a Eurocopter Gazelle.

I mean look at them they all have similar tail section and ducted fan tail rotor.

I would be happy with a FANG but still want a Dragonfly first.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:26 pm

If we're talking helicopters, I'll take the Bell H-13 Sioux. And pack in figures of Hawkeye, Trapper, Radar, Mulcahey, Hot Lips...

As for small scale vehicles....I want to keep my eye on those movie motorcycles. I've also several times gotten close on grabbing a pair of 1:12 Maitso Kawasaki Ninjas. In black and white, of course.

Reissue the CI Baroness. And make Covergirl with the cycle featured on her art work.

For Joe I'd take a small 2 man vehicle like the VAMP.
Cobra I want the Ice Snake as I had that as a kid and it was such a cool aggressive small vehicle. I also had the Scorpion but for some reason that was a Joe vehicle for us.

I cant do much bigger, as my wife is already constantly giving me the stink eye about the Black Series TIE Fighter and telling me to sell/get rid of it.

So no USS Flagg for me. Though if they added turbines (removeable) so it could also function as a Helicarrier, they could double their Haslab backers. From 3 to 6.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm down for Zartan's Chameleon
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 pm

I was thinking retailers might balk at the amount of shelf space a Joe vehicle would take up but they seem to be fine with WWE vehicles and playsets so there's hope.
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 pm

How about 90's Overlord? His 'chariot' looks like a Retooled Star Wars The Last Jedi speeder bike...

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

fletch137
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri May 07, 2021 6:26 am

I'm on board with a small vehicle and a centerpiece vehicle for each team.

The smallies would be a RAM and a Flight Pod which I can easily see as on-shelf items.

The Cobra centerpiece would obviously be a HISS, but it'd need to hold more then two figures to justify the shelf space. In fact, my preferred HISS is the HISS II with its chin-accessed cockpit for two and troop bay in the back.

My Joe centerpiece would be a Wolverine. It's iconic and more distinctive than just a generic MOBAT. Like the HISS, I'd want them to add additional seating and runnerboards to allow more then one or two Joes to be displayed with it to justify its size.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Sun May 09, 2021 7:45 am

I had a dream last night about an announcement of Joe Vehicles. Then I woke up again.
Fly4v
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Not a dream but I have the crazy idea of getting a 1:12 scale 427 AC Cobra and having Cobra Commander standing next to it.
Wavehawk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:23 am

JTMarsh wrote:
I always thought of Cobra as a domestic terror group that grew ridiculously large. They would have gotten scrap parts for warthog and let Destro modify them for vtol capability...

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

JTMarsh
CROM!

Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am

Wavehawk wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:23 am
JTMarsh wrote:
I always thought of Cobra as a domestic terror group that grew ridiculously large. They would have gotten scrap parts for warthog and let Destro modify them for vtol capability...
I always thought they were more a global terrorist organization that more or less went up against mostly American GI Joe's and their other international members/allies. But what do I know, I never collected them as a kid. Half the time I couldn't tell you which was which if the person didn't obviously look "heroic" or have a Cobra logo on them. Lord help whomever tries to make an A-10 VTOL, as that's like making your bathtub VTOL given how old it is. It's still a versatile aircraft, it just wouldn't be what I'd spend money on making VTOL, but then again I wouldn't wear a metal mask to bed and in the shower like Destro, so again what do I know. Seems like wearing a kilt would be the obvious preferable choice to hardware face, but I digress.

And for the record someone did make a flying bathtub. He hasn't stamped a Cobra logo on it yet though to my knowledge:

https://hypebeast.com/2018/1/flying-bat ... -life-guys

Someone buy that man some skids! It looks about as safe as most of what single occupant Cobra air vehicles appear to be. What would his name be: Soap-Scum?
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Fly4v wrote:

You obviously haven’t paid attention to how much military surplus the US sells to other countries, some of whom turn around and sell to anyone who’ll buy. It, theoretically, isn’t as difficult as you might imagine.
FlexionDynamo
Customized

Tue May 11, 2021 5:47 pm

I personally can't justify the cost of Classified Scale Vehicles, that's why I collect the 3.75" Those I have space for vehicles and Army Builders.

IF I were to get some, it would be small stuff like the Trouble Bubble, or a Triple T Tank with Exclusive Sargent Slaughter. BTW what the hecks going on with the Retro Line? I have seen anything in months.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 11, 2021 6:40 pm

I want Cover Girl with her wolverine. Then do another single packed Cover Girl with different hair color.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”