G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 am

In typical Pulse style, got shipping notice for the Trooper first thing this morning... Zartan six hours later. Separately. I just assume everything is shipping individually unless otherwise noted from them. Just more cardboard for the recycling bin.

I swear I no longer know who or where I'm getting Cobra troopers from. I thought I ordered two but I might have four coming eventually. Only ordered one per vendor but keep finding ones I forgot I ordered. EE is here, Pulse is on the way, and I still have one from Amazon I completely forgot about and DS too. I'd feel bad about army building but for all we know this may be the only army builder offered in any kind of abundance. And at this point, if I can get a small cadre of basic troopers, any future generics will be bonus. I mostly just want to be able to put enough baddies in display to balance out the heroes.
madflava
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:17 am

drkknght64 wrote:
madflava wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:15 pm
Threash wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:07 pm
I don't get why they do this on every figure.
Lady Jaye has downward hinges on both hands, yet another checkbox to give her figure of the year 2021 :D .

As for Flint, I'm pretty much copying the poses from the promo pics right now but I'm going to need more evidence that Flint's a lefty :lol: I guess if you go by cartoon/comic, he's a righty and if you go by card art he's a lefty.
If you hold the shotgun in your left hand as in that pic that means you pull the trigger with your right finger which makes you a righty. The trigger hand should be the hand that has the up and down movement.
Ok. Here’s Flint as a lefty. Everyone happy now? ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Ebay wins. I got tired of GameStops antics. $20 increase in price total for two standard release figures...grrr....Hasbro...
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed May 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Flint. I’m sure I’ll be very happy to just have one but Hasbro is cutting corners that just stinks. Duke is left with weapon holding hand. So using Duke Flint is too. Gets some new hand sculpts Hasbro! Or offer both styles for both hands. Or give us some fists.

I like the nice art and all but put it on a green box and give us more accessories.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm

I think they are decently packed out. This is an in house brand and hasbro has to make money on these so reuse is expected and I think its been well done.

I do feel maybe double dealer has overdone it with the left handed figures but I don't know if that's his choice or hasbros. Yah another set of hands would be nice but I'm fine as is. I made flint right handed and it works fine. Articulation does not determine which direction someone holds a gun you do.
JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 am

madflava wrote:
That StormShadow. Please! What is it?!?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 1:47 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 am
madflava wrote:
That's an articulated icons white ninja with the bare arms pack.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 am

JTMarsh wrote:
madflava wrote:
Articulated Icons white ninja with the bare arms from the arms pack & a Cobra decal. In not saying this in a snarky way, I promise, but I'm honestly surprised someone on the Fwoosh has made it this long without seeing this one!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

os189
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 am

Wow. A Fwoosher that's unaware of the Fwoosh's own kickstarted Ninja action figures. Crazy!

That's "white ninja" and arm packs. Add a Cobra symbol from toyhax or your repro label provider of choice and voila....instant Storm Shadow.

https://fwooshstore.com/

Be aware though...the original white ninja sold out, and is now being sold as Shoken as ninja. Everything is the same as the original with one exception: his eyes are now mystic glowing green. I'm not thrilled about it, but you'd have to ask the Fwoosh guys why they went that way.

Here's some pics of mine, which have the original painted eyes from the Kickstarter.

I added a waterslide Arashikage tattoo, too.

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 pm

Finally got a Trooper from Pulse. Idk why, but the peg on the gun is hard to ignore on this figure. Maybe it’s that he doesn’t have a pack or sling to connect it to, but either way the peg seems excessively large. I appreciate the concept, but I feel like there needs to be a better way to do it. I shudder at the thought of reoutfitting several troopers with guns that don’t have this weird protrusion/grip.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm
I think they are decently packed out. This is an in house brand and hasbro has to make money on these so reuse is expected and I think its been well done.

I do feel maybe double dealer has overdone it with the left handed figures but I don't know if that's his choice or hasbros. Yah another set of hands would be nice but I'm fine as is. I made flint right handed and it works fine. Articulation does not determine which direction someone holds a gun you do.
I'm perfectly fine with reuse because they are wearing generic military gear, not individual costumes.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:34 pm

september_death wrote:
Finally got a Trooper from Pulse. Idk why, but the peg on the gun is hard to ignore on this figure. Maybe it’s that he doesn’t have a pack or sling to connect it to, but either way the peg seems excessively large. I appreciate the concept, but I feel like there needs to be a better way to do it. I shudder at the thought of reoutfitting several troopers with guns that don’t have this weird protrusion/grip.
Or you can just snip the peg off.
madflava
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:45 pm

I wonder if anyone has done a magnet mod on any of the rifles for Cobra Trooper. I've seen a mod like this for the Black Series Mando.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:46 pm

RoboKillah wrote:
september_death wrote:
But how will he holster it?!? Oh, heard about the tornado. Glad you're doing okay...

RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 7:59 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:46 pm
RoboKillah wrote:
september_death wrote:
But how will he holster it?!? Oh, heard about the tornado. Glad you're doing okay...

He's talking about replacing them altogether, the new guns aren't going to have the pegs either.

And yeah, lots of damage around town, thankfully I was just without power for a few days.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”