NECA: TMNT Archie Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Archie Comic Series

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Misfit wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:16 pm
I’m curious if it will hit AliExpress. Did those Walmart NFT things ever show up there? I’m expecting this release to be some silly exclusive at this point given the lack of preorders anywhere.

No, those haven't hit Ali yet. But it seems like nearly everything shows up on Ali sooner or later, even the 2022 SDCC exclusive was up. I think the only sets that were never on Aliexpress were the Turtles in Disguise, the Channel 6 set and some of the lootcrate figures.

I hope you are wrong about him being part of that Walmart NFT thing, that would royally suck for international collectors (like myself). Don't care that they do this for variants but they really shouldn't for regular release figures.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out and post here if I see him pop up.
Nik
CROM!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:00 pm

I'm pretty sure NECA said that the Archie line was gonna be basically fan-channel only. Though I also recall they said something similar about the Mirage line, and I've seen red Renet clogging my local Target shelves for weeks, and Walmart got some Mirage stuff for their dumbass AutoT thing, so maybe I am mistaken.

Slash has been waiting patiently in my PoL for a long time now, so hopefully BBTS gets the whole line so that I can just order them without worry. Can't wait to see the packaging for Jagwar and Dreadmon.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 am

People found Slash at Walmart.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:48 pm

NECA has only said they will be available via specialty, they’re not exclusive. With Mirage, they made Fugitoid debut at Target and it came to specialty later. We’ve also seen variants at Walmart (though some would argue the true variants are the ones at specialty and Target) so the short answer is we don’t know how Man Ray will be released initially. Eventually he’ll be sold at BBTS, EE, and other places, but maybe not first.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:04 pm

As soon as Fred finds an Ali link, I may jump on that...
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:18 pm

Found and picked up Slash last night at Target. Looks like he's showing up at Target now for $34.99.
Nik
CROM!

Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:10 am

Saw slash at Target as well, hella nice in person, can't wait to ship my PoL!
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:13 am

nilocomic wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:43 pm
ODBJBG wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:00 pm
Finally have started to see these along with some of the Mirage figures in stores. I'm glad NECA is getting some better distribution, but I feel like I've missed so much stuff that when I finally see it and it rings up at $30+ I just kind of lose interest. A recurring trend with NECA unfortunately. I've ended up passing on so much stuff that I would have bought early on, but the 6 month lag between when they first started hitting versus when I saw it in shelves dimmed my enthusiasm.

But I nearly bought Slash the other day. And I've seen him at two different stores, so I was impressed.
What stores did you see him at? I’ve yet to come across one.
Target and Walmart.
LaserLips
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:25 pm

Saw Slash at Target today. There were several of him. Grabbed him.

I never read these comics and have no affinity to this (or any version) of Slash except for the 1990 action figure. Which I loved.
But this is a damned gorgeous piece. It's a very similar design to the 90s Playmates character, just with sane colors. My only gripe is he needs spots in his belt for his weapons. That's it

He'll have to play with my Ultimates until I decide to get that version of Slash. Maybe.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:42 pm

You should totally read TMNT Adventures. It's a wild ride.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:21 pm

Finally found Slash at Target this week! He’s was stuffed towards the back of a lower shelf, turned sideways, so I almost missed him.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:18 pm

Looks like Man Ray is heading to Target with a small upcharge. Dreadmon is priced at $37 which I think is consistent with Slash? I didn't get mine at Target though so I'm not sure. I know some of the others (like Renet) have been $35. No price for Jagwar yet:

Nik
CROM!

Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:05 pm

Misfit wrote:
Looks like Man Ray is heading to Target with a small upcharge. Dreadmon is priced at $37 which I think is consistent with Slash? I didn't get mine at Target though so I'm not sure. I know some of the others (like Renet) have been $35. No price for Jagwar yet:

I'd much rather just pre-order them from BBTS than have to stalk Target's aisles and website, so hopefully they all go up there soon. I just got my Slash from my PoL yesterday and he's pure joy. Just a fantastic piece of plastic and I can't wait to get every single Archie figure they decide to make.

If they don't make the Turtles in the Archie line, then my TiD boys are going to fill in. I'm way more of a fan of the TMNT Adventures comics than I am of the cartoon anyways, so if they decide not to make any of the brothers or Shredder or B&R, no problem, I'll just sacrifice my whole toon collection for my Archie display.

I really hope that they do make the main players in the Archie line, though.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:05 am

Misfit wrote:

Slash is $35 at Target and Walmart.

He really is so, so good. They really pulled off his look from the comics almost perfectly. I’m grateful they’re doing the supporting characters before the main cast, because there’s enough of the four turtles out there in various forms to keep people patient while they tackle these more obscure versions.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:22 pm

DeepDiscount has Slash in stock:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/neca-tmnt- ... 4482542477

and through Wednesday they have a 15% off in-stock items promo with code WINTER15.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics