Neca TMNT universal monsters!

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Neca TMNT universal monsters!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:25 pm

Oh, these will be in Target too? Guess I will have to keep an eye out. Bbts super slow getting neca stuff.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Misfit wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 pm
I suppose if the turtles are monsters, it would make sense for Shredder to be a monster hunter like Van Helsing. Invisible Man seems like a better guess though since he’s a shadow warrior and all.
Reading the production description (which is much more detailed on this one in terms of the premise), I'm thinking Shredder will be Dracula:

"all tools in his sinister plans for revenge on the mysterious vampire cult that disfigured him."

Which could open up Casey as Van Helsing and maybe Splinter as Dr. Frankenstein
Zorn88
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 am

jimbles wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Looks stupendous. Something tells me that in a few years this is going to be a grail line for people that missed out.
That's where I'm at. FOMO might get me when I think of being in October and wishing I got these.
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:30 am

Zorn88 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:21 am
jimbles wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Looks stupendous. Something tells me that in a few years this is going to be a grail line for people that missed out.
That's where I'm at. FOMO might get me when I think of being in October and wishing I got these.
If Super7 does them, they'll probably be recreations of the Playmates figures and more in line with people's expectations. That said, these look way too good to skip for me and I don't even buy other NECA TMNT figures
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:11 pm

Well heck, if FrankenRaph is hitting already, I know what I'll use my $20 gift card from NECA on... I'm actually surprised it's started hitting so "quickly," but I welcome some new stuff.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:42 am

Well yippee kai yay, I just picked up FrankenRaph at the Edmond Target! They had 3, they also still have one Channel 6 set standing at the service desk that's been there for about a week.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:50 pm

My buddy got ours from Target.

I'm very tempted to repaint his bandana orange, and Mummy's red. It doesn't create a wereturtle out of nowhere, but it fixes two of them for me, at least.

The rubbery strands give me pause, though (yes, I know - NO ENAMEL).
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:03 pm

Still not seeing this guy or ch 6 locally.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:21 am

Yeah I think I just missed him at a local target they had a bunch of foot soldier sets and a tmnt 4 pack but no channel 6 or raph
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:34 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:21 am
a local target they had a tmnt 4 pack
Okay, NECA, lots of people are finding this in stores. Can you ship mine already, please!? I paid for it in July... :x
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:13 am

citysushi wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:25 pm
Oh, these will be in Target too? Guess I will have to keep an eye out. Bbts super slow getting neca stuff.
You said it. Is it BBTS specifically, or do all the online shops take like months to get NECA stuff in after it's out in other places nowadays?

I never really go to Target in my day-to-day life, but I've been seriously thinking about going there lately to pre-empt BBTS on this one. My PoL has to ship by Friday, so even if Franken-Raph shows up soon, it's gonna be a long time before he gets to me (I won't ship it with just one figure added, and I usually wait to as close to the hold limit as possible before shipping).
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:37 pm

It seems like NECA prioritizes specialty shops sometimes, and other times Target. And for Turtles, it seems like Target gets the first shipments, where as with Gargoyles' Thailog the opposite took place. Thailog went out to specialty in December and is just now rolling out to Target. I had one on preorder with BBTS and cancelled it when I found the figure at Target since it was cheaper. In that instance though, BBTS is still waiting so who knows what's going on with them. It certainly took them a long time to get the video game Bebop and Rocksteady, and I think they're still waiting on the toon quarter scale Donatello. In both instances, Entertainment Earth got them way ahead of BBTS which is why when pre-orders for the Home Alone trio went up last year I went through EE, and of course, they still don't have them, but BBTS does. There's no winning. Basically, I'll preorder stuff from BBTS, but if it's coming to Target, I'll hunt there until the preorder comes in since BBTS has been marking stuff up a few bucks. Still haven't found FrankenRaph though.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:45 pm

I usually favor BBTS as my online toy shop, due to their Pile of Loot. With Dorkside also getting some love. I just got my NECA Kesler Wolf. It seemed to arrive about a month after hitting some other etailers, so they weren't that far behind other etailers. Guess supporting enough Kickstarters has given me patience for toy arrivals, so a few weeks or months later than other places doesn't mean much to me.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:15 am

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:05 pm

NECA just posted the Michelangelo reveal on Facebook, probably coming to IG and Twitter soon as well. Another stop-motion faux commercial. He has an alternate head sculpt that looks like that decaying Leonardo costume that was unearthed a few years back.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”