The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: "The Loyal Subjects" TMNT

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:50 pm

I wish there was somewhere I could just order them for retail price. The line is very spotty at my local Walmart.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Bandai does some distribution and other things for TLS, so they might have access to some of that stuff.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:53 pm

I just imagine Playmates as Gill from The Simpsons now. Just hoping they can do *something* to stay in the game while everyone else takes their shit.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:07 pm

So just to make sure: there's no real reason to get these if you already have the SH Figuarts TMNT? (unless you prefer 5 inch scale figures or just have to have everything TMNT related)
samhain2731
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:39 pm

I actually really like these.
Why must there be so many turtle lines and why must I be tempted by every single one.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re:

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:06 pm

thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:50 pm
I wish there was somewhere I could just order them for retail price. The line is very spotty at my local Walmart.
I think Hot Topic carries them so you might be able to order from there.
Freditor wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:07 pm
So just to make sure: there's no real reason to get these if you already have the SH Figuarts TMNT? (unless you prefer 5 inch scale figures or just have to have everything TMNT related)
Probably? I suppose it's impossible to say based on renders. It looks like they're the basic Bandai sculpt, but with simplified articulation (i.e. - probably simple ball-hinges in the shoulder as opposed to the butterfly joint Bandai did). Also looks like they're going to have green, style-guide, colored shells and probably fewer hands and no swappable belt piece. And the diecast is likely gone, but I'm sure everyone assumed that.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:35 pm

If these are actually 5" tall, and not 5" scale, they could likely fit with 1:12 stuff. Loyal Subjects final production stuff just never looks great and even their simplistic action vinyl stuff is often riddled with poor quality.

I HATE when there are licenses I like with places I have poor experiences. I guess we will see.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 pm

VeeBee wrote:
I HATE when there are licenses I like with places I have poor experiences. I guess we will see.
Oh God, you're telling me.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:12 pm

I keep seeing these BST AXN figures but can't figure out if they're any good. It's just a random cross section of licenses. I pretty much always see Lightning from Big Trouble in Little China (which is such an odd figure to make as the launch figure) out in stores.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Oh wow, these really are just copied Figuarts Turtles.

Right down to what each one comes with and the alternate expressions. From what I can tell, it looks like the missing accessories/parts are the lack of swappable belt pieces on the back for either weapon storage or a clean look, Mikey doesn't have chained chucks and there's one hand option missing from all of them. Everything else is copied over. Even Donnie's pizza slice, Raph's kunai and throwing star and Leo's manhole cover just look wholesale ported.

I mean...I guess they're a good alternative? Colors look a bit too saturated to me, though. Plus the Figuarts ones obviously have the up-sides of better articulation and die-cast stability but given how scarce they are now it's not like they're easily up to get anymore.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:33 pm

VeeBee wrote:
If these are actually 5" tall, and not 5" scale, they could likely fit with 1:12 stuff. Loyal Subjects final production stuff just never looks great and even their simplistic action vinyl stuff is often riddled with poor quality.

To my knowledge, they are 5” tall. Every figure in this line is the same height, so if they do Splinter or Shredder, it will be the same size as the Turtles. The figures in the line dont even scale to each other.

For Full Metal, they made Eric and Alphonse the same size, then when people pushed back, they stated something about how they wanted everything to be the same size for some reason like cohesion or world building.

I’m not a fan of TLS for the same reasons as you, and because the company and those who run it have a huge ego regarding their product that imo, that isnt deserved. I’ve never had more quality issues than I have with a TLS figure.

I wanted to skip all of this stuff but they got me with the Beetlejuice cartoon stuff. Just gotta hope it doesn’t break or the joints are stuck beyond repair, which then break. Or the paint isn’t super sloppy.
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:47 pm

These look interesting. Like everyone else has said, they're blatantly based on Bandai's SHFs. The digital sculpts look neat, but the final products probably won't be nearly as nice. As someone who didn't like the one SHF Ninja Turtle I bought, I might be interested since these are the same but with less articulation and without diecast. Don't think I will, though, since I have the NECA ones and like them a lot.

The fact these will be at mass retail is what I'm really interested in. Yet another sign that the license to TMNT has been freed up a lot in the past year or two. I wonder if after NECA's exclusivity deals end with Target and Walmart, they can release their TMNT stuff to mass retail as well. Or if they'll stick with the exclusivity as to not upset their two biggest retailers.

If we REALLY want to get into conspiracy territory, maybe Playmates wouldn't allow it. Sure, they have a lot less control over the license that much is clear, but they might still have enough ground to at least block NECA. It'd be petty, but Playmates is nothing if not petty.
Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 pm

The more I think about these, the more I think there might be a place for them in my collection.

In “Turtles Forever” the 1980’s are like 4 feet tall, a whole head shorter than the 200X Turtles.

If these figures are the nice bright advertisement green and have that cute bubble look they’d be the perfect “Useless Goofball Turtles” to hang out on the shelf.
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:46 am

VeeBee wrote:
Dr Baghead wrote: The more I think about these, the more I think there might be a place for them in my collection.

In “Turtles Forever” the 1980’s are like 4 feet tall, a whole head shorter than the 200X Turtles.

If these figures are the nice bright advertisement green and have that cute bubble look they’d be the perfect “Useless Goofball Turtles” to hang out on the shelf.
Yup and yup. I want these for those reasons. The NECA TMNTs (great as they are) are a touch too tall for a 1:12 setup and the DCC TMNTs are a little too stylized to be defaults. Also, as far as I'm concerned, the more TMNT product the better... especially if I can easily find these at retail or order them online. I'm excited.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:33 pm
For Full Metal, they made Eric and Alphonse the same size, then when people pushed back, they stated something about how they wanted everything to be the same size for some reason like cohesion or world building.
Hey, TLS, "cohesion & world building" comes with a 4' tall Edward, and a 7' tall Al, not having them both be 5'. :rolleyes:

I have way better FMA figures, but still would've bought theirs if they scaled to each other. Instead, they lost two sales from me. How many other sales did they lose from everyone else who had the same problem?

Is this line found anywhere besides Walmart or Hot Topic? I haven't been to HT in awhile (I enjoy the store, so there's no actual reason behind not visiting it, other than my Walmart is closer), and half my Walmarts don't carry the line at all, and the ones who do, the selection varies wildly.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”