The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 pm

So I've been watching these interviews that "NerdNewsToday" has been doing with various toy companies and in the interview with "The Loyal Subjects" CEO Jonathan Cathey at about the 20:50 he starts talking about characters that will be showing up in their "BST AXN" line this year and he name drops Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello and Raphael. So now a whole other company is going to be releasing the TMNT later this year in addition to Playmates, Neca, Super7 and the rumored Hasbro TMNT/Power Rangers releases.

Has anyone bought any of their figures before? I've seen the Spike from Cowboy Bebop at my local Wal-Mart and have thought about getting it, but haven't as it's not the usual scale that I collect

Here's a link to the interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScjGZRm1irQ
weizie
CROM!

Re: "The Loyal Subjects" TMNT

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:37 pm

Personally, i haven't seen anything from them that has impressed me.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:45 pm

I got Spike & Vicious. They're alright for the price. I would absolutely get Turtles.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:12 pm

Yeah, this was announced back in October. There's a topic for it here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=93543
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:17 pm

They stick around 5” scale. Saw they are doing avatar TLA along with Mcfarlane which surprised me since diamond select has a line going. The cowboy bebop figures are pretty bad IMO. The faces are so off and the paint is awful to nonexistent. I feel like they make figures of collectible licenses that collectors would not want. TMNT might work okay for them because they really look more like cheap kids toys.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 pm

There is already gettto be too much tmnt product on the market right now. No sense in flooding shelves.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 am

This is not new for this company, as they had already made these versions of the TMNT.

https://www.amazon.com/Loyal-Subjects-T ... B00N3OTLXM

I have a few of the key chain versions that used to be sold at TRU.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:29 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 am
This is not new for this company, as they had already made these versions of the TMNT.

https://www.amazon.com/Loyal-Subjects-T ... B00N3OTLXM

I have a few of the key chain versions that used to be sold at TRU.
Different line

he starts talking about characters that will be showing up in their "BST AXN" line
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:55 am

I know it's a different line, I'm pointing out that it's not a new property for this company, as the OP thought it was yet another company making TMNT figures when it's not.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:05 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:55 am
I know it's a different line, I'm pointing out that it's not a new property for this company, as the OP thought it was yet another company making TMNT figures when it's not.
Oh, I see. Yeah, you're right about that. This isn't their first foray into TMNT. Then again, I don't think the blind box TMNT vinyls they did are that well know. I do remember Pixel Dan doing an unboxing of these.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:24 am

Misfit wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:12 pm
Yeah, this was announced back in October. There's a topic for it here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=93543
I wasn't aware, I'm not that familiar with the "Loyal Subjects" as a company and last night was the first that I'd heard about them getting the TMNT in any capacity.
Freditor
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:42 am

Here's a video of Pixel Dan opening some blind bags with their mini figures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4wdT2x ... l=PixelDan
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Supposedly, this a leak of The Loyal Subjects TMNT. They look curiously like the same molds, right down to the accessories, that Bandai released in its SH Figuarts line.

Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Yeah, those are the style sheet/merch designs for sure. They look oookay? The figures I've seen at retail are pretty bad (that Gandalf, yeesh), but these might be idiot-proof given the designs. I don't think I'm going to buy another line of turtles though. But these might be fun for people.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Just based on the accessory load out, it seems certain to me they either bought molds or digital sculpts from Bandai, re-tooled them for simpler articulation, and probably shrunk them to conform to their 5” scale. If it’s anything like their other figures, they’ll be 15 bucks or so and mostly plastic with little paint. Might be fun for casual TMNT fans who can’t find the NECA stuff and don’t want to pay 50-60 bucks per turtle from Super7. Plus, these will be at retail. I’m just curious how they sell given how hot the property has been. It’s no surprise another company is trying to get in by undercutting the bigger collector lines with something cheap and probably available. Now we’ll find out if people are just nuts for TMNT right now or if it’s just that they’re nuts for what these other companies are doing. If they sell well maybe Bandai’s Shredder will finally see the light of day.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”