The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:47 pm
About the only positives I see are affordability and presumed availability relative to offerings from NECA and Super7 and even the SHF they're copying.
Honestly, I think that's going to be this whole market. If they can get these into stores and like, actually have some on the shelf, they'll sell tons. NECA, S7, SHF, etc, none of their stuff is in stores. Even if it's supposed to be.

The TMNT Reactions fly off the shelf at my Target stores, I imagine these will too.

NECA's stuff just isn't available. And the low cost of entry for these will make them sell.

If by some miracle the moon and stars align and you saw a NECA set at retail, many people would balk at the $50 price tag. But a casual fan who likes TMNT sees this and says, "oh cool, I can get my favorite Turtle for $15, I'm in".

More refined collectors know about NECA, S7, etc, but many don't. Just BEING in stores will make these work, I suspect.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:15 pm

I don't need them and haven't heard good things about this line BUT I'll definitely pick up Raph as a curiosity. And like others have said, if these aren't trash quality and they can actually get a decent stock in stores they could very well do EXTREMELY well. The last few years have proven theres a massive demand for classic TMNT product on toy shelves and nobody is properly filling that need at retail. Could be a sleeper hit.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:04 pm

I would still not want these, but if they did a different shade a green I wouldn’t have a problem looking at them. Like the little reaction figures or funkos…don’t like the style and would never want them but they are not eyesores.
vicious7171
CROM!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 pm

I wonder if Raph will come with sai or if he will just have that trovel-lookin' kunai

EDIT: I can see them poking out the left side of the packaging, like mikey's nunchaku. nevermind!
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:54 pm

I don't see anything wrong other than how suspiciously similar they look to the SHF turtles.
Popoman
CROM?

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:19 pm

if these were colored like the vintage toys they'd be pretty cool, but as it is they're underwhelming.
Handsome
CROM!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:34 pm

Blingoman wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:19 pm
if these were colored like the vintage toys they'd be pretty cool, but as it is they're underwhelming.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for the Turtles each in their own individual shade of green. That's the main reason I got the ReAction figures
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:32 pm

Blingoman wrote:if these were colored like the vintage toys they'd be pretty cool, but as it is they're underwhelming.
If I ever find these, I’d probably repaint them exactly that way. As it is, I’ll probably just search out Donatello.
Wes Crayon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:14 am

I'll almost certainly buy them all if I can find them. While I like the NECA figures, I've always found them a touch too tall (at least relative to the other characters and in terms of their proportions, and especially in light of how they've been depicted in recent crossover episodes), and the bright green gives me a TMNT Tournament Fighters/Archie Adventures vibe. And since I skipped the brighter green repaints and generally like adding new figures to my TMNT multiverse collection, these will do great. (I'll probably white out the eyes on the neutral heads for extra TF goodness.)
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:14 pm

For the people interested in this line, it looks like you'll get a chance to buy them tomorrow during Walmart's collector event:

weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:49 pm

Misfit wrote:For the people interested in this line, it looks like you'll get a chance to buy them tomorrow during Walmart's collector event:

Dang. Was hoping it was the playmates turtle van and figures

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:47 am

Did these come out? I am curious about them. Want to grab to compare with other versions, especially SHF.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 am

I’ve seen a few shots of people finding them. They weren’t part of today’s collector spot or whatever they’re calling it.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Well, you can order battle damaged black and white versions right now if you want...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TMNT-Black-W ... gn_id=9383
Popoman
CROM?

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:02 pm

wow that's bad

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”