Hasbro: TMNT MMPR Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro: TMNT MMPR Series

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 pm

citysushi wrote:Why not just put all of them up for order at the same time?
Hype I guess since they declared it power week or whatever nonsense. I’m either going to get them all on one preorder or leave it to the mercy of the hunt. As much as I think these are cool and want them, I feel there is a high likely hood of clearance in their future. The dc collectibles Batman TMNT figures got deep discounted and those looked amazing with excellent paint.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 pm

I think it’s unfair to compare to ththe DC Collectibles figures because those had wonky distribution and staggered release dates with bit DC and GameStop being rumored of going tits up at the time. People were hesitant. Plus DC had a record of breakage.

That said I wouldn’t entirely be shocked if these do get discounted. They just look okay (laughably bad pinheads) and only select PR or TMNT fans will want them to begin with.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:22 pm

ODBJBG wrote:I think it’s unfair to compare to ththe DC Collectibles figures because those had wonky distribution and staggered release dates with bit DC and GameStop being rumored of going tits up at the time. People were hesitant. Plus DC had a record of breakage.

That said I wouldn’t entirely be shocked if these do get discounted. They just look okay (laughably bad pinheads) and only select PR or TMNT fans will want them to begin with.
It wasn’t so much that as they are kinda niche and so are these. You would have to had watched the movie and liked it enough to want figures from it in specifically the style of the movie. They are actually still my favorite designed turtle figures in my collection because they had unique looks. Dc collectibles does have breakage issues and the animated style does not help. Robin is the frailest thing in the world. Like purchasing a twig. Batgirl only slightly better. Power turtles are very specific as well. Even more so if they are based off an animated movie based off the comics instead of just being based off the comics. Would put them right in line with the Batman turtles. But those had great paint and great sculpts. This is typical hasbro fair which is by no means a diss. I collect marvel legends. But there are clear differences.
BobSkull
Customized

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Hype I guess since they declared it power week or whatever nonsense. I’m either going to get them all on one preorder or leave it to the mercy of the hunt. As much as I think these are cool and want them, I feel there is a high likely hood of clearance in their future. The dc collectibles Batman TMNT figures got deep discounted and those looked amazing with excellent paint.
but those dc collectibles turtles are not great figures. if i had paid msrp for the figs i would have been hella disappointed.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:14 pm

BobSkull wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
but those dc collectibles turtles are not great figures. if i had paid msrp for the figs i would have been hella disappointed.
You’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s wrong. Sculpts, paint, the cloth capes on Batman and bat Mikey…amazing. Skinny character designs making for fragile figures is the only drawback.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:35 pm

Yeah, I paid $13 a pack for the Mikey, Raph, and Donatello sets, so I couldn’t be too mad, but this figures just didn’t feel good in hand. Just felt light and like I’d break them by looking at them. I got them standing off by themselves on a shelf, but never get the urge to take them down and fiddle with them.

Guess I’ll keep April’s unmasked head on her to differentiate her from Kimberly besides the skirt. Or just not display her. We’ll see. The unmasked head looks nice though.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:17 pm

There's already so many pink rangers, they could at least have given this one a different version of the blade blaster.
Detrimental_Fig
CROM!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:10 am

Maximoff wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 pm
Nice. Heads are still weak. So shredder is standalone. Then it’s Raph and…?
Who else is even left?
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:20 am

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:10 am
Maximoff wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 pm
Nice. Heads are still weak. So shredder is standalone. Then it’s Raph and…?
Who else is even left?
The 5 main rangers in ninja outfits, Splinter, Casey, Tommy in Foot Clan outfit, Putties in Foot Clan outfits.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:28 am

Maximoff wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:22 pm
ODBJBG wrote:I think it’s unfair to compare to ththe DC Collectibles figures because those had wonky distribution and staggered release dates with bit DC and GameStop being rumored of going tits up at the time. People were hesitant. Plus DC had a record of breakage.

It wasn’t so much that as they are kinda niche and so are these. You would have to had watched the movie and liked it enough to want figures from it in specifically the style of the movie. They are actually still my favorite designed turtle figures in my collection because they had unique looks. Dc collectibles does have breakage issues and the animated style does not help. Robin is the frailest thing in the world. Like purchasing a twig. Batgirl only slightly better. Power turtles are very specific as well. Even more so if they are based off an animated movie based off the comics instead of just being based off the comics. Would put them right in line with the Batman turtles. But those had great paint and great sculpts. This is typical hasbro fair which is by no means a diss. I collect marvel legends. But there are clear differences.
Good points all around!
CFFJR
HULK SMASH!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:08 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:12 pm

I hate how much I love that fully-suited Foot Soldier design cause I doubt most will be selling off Tommy otherwise...

I'd love five of those...
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:14 pm

That Foot outfit is pretty rad. It makes me think of the sprites from the first NES game overworld. And at least they're reusing the better Tommy headsculpt.
Jead
Customized

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Raph and Mikey look kinda coked up.

But that Foot Soldier is REALLY good looking. I hope they can release it on its own for an army builder.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 pm

Nice again. Foot Casey is cool. I really do wish they spent more time on the turtle headsculpts. They are all just not doing it for me. May have to end up painting them and see if they look a little better.

I would like them to do the ninja rangers since the designs are pretty cool. But I’m doubtful they will extend the line for that. If they were going to do it I think they would have paired them with the turtles to sell them.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”