NECA: TMNT Customer Service Discussion

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA will not be offering replacement parts/figures for QC issues of the limited run figures

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Yeah, I had a defective Cyber Smoke that they made me take photos of like, all the UPCs and stickers on the box, just to show I bought it from them. Took about 3 months before they sent me a whole new Smoke figure as a replacement.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA will not be offering replacement parts/figures for QC issues of the limited run figures

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 pm

BigYojimbo wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:19 pm
I recently had an issue with a fig I got through Bluefin and they're taking care of it for me, but I don't know if they'd do the same thing if I bought through someone else.
Bluefin's CS is legit, they'll honor anything with their sticker on it regardless of what store it came from. Got double right hands for one of the ninjas and they replaced it. Granted it took a few months, but I got it. The catch is that they will only honor the replacements for figures that were released within the last 6 or so months, which is understandable.

Neca, though? Jesus, they're really sliding down deep if they're not standing behind their premium, limited release figures these days. Pretty slimy. I would do a charge back and explain to my credit card company that I was sent a defective item and was offered inequitable conditions for return.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:11 pm

jimbles wrote:
BigYojimbo wrote:
I recently had an issue with a fig I got through Bluefin and they're taking care of it for me, but I don't know if they'd do the same thing if I bought through someone else.
Bluefin's CS is legit, they'll honor anything with their sticker on it regardless of what store it came from. Got double right hands for one of the ninjas and they replaced it. Granted it took a few months, but I got it. The catch is that they will only honor the replacements for figures that were released within the last 6 or so months, which is understandable.

Neca, though? Jesus, they're really sliding down deep if they're not standing behind their premium, limited release figures these days. Pretty slimy. I would do a charge back and explain to my credit card company that I was sent a defective item and was offered inequitable conditions for return.
While I get being pissed about not getting any help for something, especially this, cause yeah, they should be helping folks; doing a charge back seems just as douchey.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
jimbles wrote:
BigYojimbo wrote:

While I get being pissed about not getting any help for something, especially this, cause yeah, they should be helping folks; doing a charge back seems just as douchey.
At that point it's almost theft, and IMO, they would be in their right if they blocked you from ordering from them again.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Perfectly justified if they sent defective product and refuse to make it right, IMO.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:43 pm

Note: That's assuming they didn't offer to fully refund you. If you contacted them about issue, and there was no help at all, go for it!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:53 am

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
I emphatically disagree. You have these sorts of protections for a reason, and it's to keep unsavory business practices in check.

Under the best case scenario that was laid out by the thread starter, you're paying shipping to both get the figures sent to you and then send them back for a refund, with no figures to show for it. That's not theft in its own right? To settle something in which you did nothing wrong, you gleefully spend $30+ on shipping alone and have nothing in the end?

I won't insult you like you have done me by characterizing you in any way, but that's just not right.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:20 pm

jimbles wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
I emphatically disagree. You have these sorts of protections for a reason, and it's to keep unsavory business practices in check.

Under the best case scenario that was laid out by the thread starter, you're paying shipping to both get the figures sent to you and then send them back for a refund, with no figures to show for it. That's not theft in its own right? To settle something in which you did nothing wrong, you gleefully spend $30+ on shipping alone and have nothing in the end?

I won't insult you like you have done me by characterizing you in any way, but that's just not right.
That seems less like trying to be protected and instead just being spiteful, and indeed, douchey. If you feel that's insulting you specifically (which it wasn't, I was saying the act of doing so was douchey), then you should probably think about that. I agree having to pay shipping back sucks, but unfortunately it's becoming more common place. I think Hasbro's one of the last ones that'll just send you a paid label to slap on. And yes, you should get a refund on something you deem defective or whatever. That's natural. But they seem willing to at least work with the customer first.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
jimbles wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:

That seems less like trying to be protected and instead just being spiteful, and indeed, douchey. If you feel that's insulting you specifically (which it wasn't, I was saying the act of doing so was douchey), then you should probably think about that. I agree having to pay shipping back sucks, but unfortunately it's becoming more common place. I think Hasbro's one of the last ones that'll just send you a paid label to slap on. And yes, you should get a refund on something you deem defective or whatever. That's natural. But they seem willing to at least work with the customer first.
So, to reiterate: You're calling utilizing valid consumer protections designed for exactly these types of situations "douchey" when faced with the prospects of spending roughly $30 holistically to NOT have a figure in the end.

When you talk about "working with the customer first" in your defense of them, re-read OP's post. Their options to us are throw away $30 and have no figure, or accept a $15 refund (in other words, basically just the initial shipping cost) and have a defective figure. This seems like they're "working with the customer" to you? Did I wake up this morning and accidentally take crazy pills instead of my multi-vitamin?

Somehow, somewhere, along the way, companies abused people like you and manipulated you enough to think that that is okay. THAT is the thing that should be thought about. It's worrisome that people like you would roll over so obediently, and in fact criticize people that don't want to be hosed that badly for something that they were powerless to prevent. Just sad.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 pm

jimbles wrote: So, to reiterate: You're calling utilizing valid consumer protections designed for exactly these types of situations "douchey" when faced with the prospects of spending roughly $30 holistically to NOT have a figure in the end.

When you talk about "working with the customer first" in your defense of them, re-read OP's post. Their options to us are throw away $30 and have no figure, or accept a $15 refund (in other words, basically just the initial shipping cost) and have a defective figure. This seems like they're "working with the customer" to you? Did I wake up this morning and accidentally take crazy pills instead of my multi-vitamin?

Somehow, somewhere, along the way, companies abused people like you and manipulated you enough to think that that is okay. THAT is the thing that should be thought about. It's worrisome that people like you would roll over so obediently, and in fact criticize people that don't want to be hosed that badly for something that they were powerless to prevent. Just sad.
Totally agree.

It -seems- like it should be virtually indisputable that if a customer purchases a product and that product is defective, then none of the financial burden for rectifying that situation should fall on the customer. If Burger King makes my burger wrong, they don't hand me back 28 cents, or make me pay a discounted price to get a new burger. They just make a new one. At their cost. At the extreme end of that argument, the company providing the defective item has already cost the customer time and energy in dealing with THEIR [email protected]#$-up, so even a replacement item doesn't necessarily balance the scales entirely, and it's already a goodwill gesture on the part of the customer to consider a simple replacement item an equitable solution.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:23 pm

jimbles wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
jimbles wrote:

So, to reiterate: You're calling utilizing valid consumer protections designed for exactly these types of situations "douchey" when faced with the prospects of spending roughly $30 holistically to NOT have a figure in the end.

No, I just realize it doesn't fix the actual situation and is just you wanting to "stick to it to them" when you're mad. I guess you could report them to the Better Business Bureau too. I always loved that threat from customers when I had to work retail. But hey, best of luck to you showing them what for. I do sincerely hope you get your money back if it comes to it. Just feels like there should be a more organized effort of letting them know what people need or want rather than "[email protected]#$ them charge back!" Like obviously more units for replacements.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Charge-backs exist for a reason. Yeah, you would look like a jerk if every time you had an issue arise with an item you went crying to your credit card company about it, but then again, you would also probably find it hard to continue utilizing a credit card too. If a company, in this case NECA, is trying to weasel out of rectifying an issue they created, then sure, go for it. I don't know how things turned out in this situation, but if I was dead set on just returning the item then I would expect NECA to compensate me for the return shipping and if they refused, I'd raise some hell. I would think merely telling them you're exploring a charge-back would probably lead to the situation getting resolved some how, possibly with them just refunding you since it would cost them less in the end (unless they want the defective merch to use for another purpose, like fixing other QC errors). It's all up to the individual though, and surely NECA made its worst offer first, because that's just what companies do. Some may be fine with a partial refund to make them feel better, especially if they decided to just flip the set on eBay where surely someone will probably pay retail, maybe more, for a defective set. And some may insist on a full refund given that a replacement is not in the cards. Both consumers would be justified in thinking that way, because at the end of the day, the company made a promise to deliver a certain product and then failed to uphold that promise.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 pm

Detrimental_Fig wrote:
jimbles wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:

No, I just realize it doesn't fix the actual situation and is just you wanting to "stick to it to them" when you're mad. I guess you could report them to the Better Business Bureau too. I always loved that threat from customers when I had to work retail. But hey, best of luck to you showing them what for. I do sincerely hope you get your money back if it comes to it.
You do realize that you can't just start a reply with "No," then ignore everything that's written and go on ad hominen tangents, and come across looking good... right? I think it spotlights that you don't really have much going on in the way of a defensible position.

Explain to us the way that you would "fix the actual situation," given the information presented in OP's post. Like give a specific run down of how you would handle this. Just like... suck it up? Chalk it up to "well, that's just how business works"? Take the pittance of a refund that covers initial shipping and be stuck with a defective $60 set you paid full MSRP and tax for?

It's pitiable, if it weren't so frustratingly emblematic of how weak and sycophantic the average consumer has become.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:00 pm

jimbles wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 pm
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
jimbles wrote:

No, I just realize it doesn't fix the actual situation and is just you wanting to "stick to it to them" when you're mad. I guess you could report them to the Better Business Bureau too. I always loved that threat from customers when I had to work retail. But hey, best of luck to you showing them what for. I do sincerely hope you get your money back if it comes to it.
You do realize that you can't just start a reply with "No," then ignore everything that's written and go on ad hominen tangents, and come across looking good... right? I think it spotlights that you don't really have much going on in the way of a defensible position.

Explain to us the way that you would "fix the actual situation," given the information presented in OP's post. Like give a specific run down of how you would handle this. Just like... suck it up? Chalk it up to "well, that's just how business works"? Take the pittance of a refund that covers initial shipping and be stuck with a defective $60 set you paid full MSRP and tax for?

It's pitiable, if it weren't so frustratingly emblematic of how weak and sycophantic the average consumer has become.
I don't imagine it's a position NECA can hold onto very long, like I said, get vocal to NECA directly with others. I'd rather they move along with doing some replacement orders that takes however long to get produced. But do you really think doing a charge back does anything? You get your money back, but you're still left with defective figures. So what then? You just jump for joy because you got free busted toys and stuck it to the man? And that's assuming you don't get blocked from further purchases or anything like that for going through with it. I guess you sell them to a customizer or something? Okay, great. You make a little profit, but then you're out completely.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:08 am

I agree with jimbles, I'd just file a chargeback since they can't deliver what they told you that you were getting. It's basically willful fraud on their part.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”