NECA: TMNT Customer Service Discussion

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
riptheveins
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

NECA: TMNT Customer Service Discussion

Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 pm

So I received my Tokka/Rahzar 2 pack, and had quite a few QC errors. My Tokka has two right arms (including the default hands), and due to the sculpt there's no way to move it so the bicep faces the front and looks super awkward even with the elbow turned around the "correct" way.

Then my Rahzar has the wrong assortment of alternate hands. He's got two fists for his right hand and two open palms for the left instead of one of each style of hand for both sides. Then like half of the tassles hanging from Rahzar are upside down so instead of draping down they are defying gravity and facing straight up...

My stomach immediately sunk.. These were my most anticipated figures from the last few years.. Even moreso than the 1990 turtles themselves which I adore. Yeah, Secret of the Ooze is objectively not as great of a movie as the first but it has a lot more sentimental value for me.. But that's beside the point.

Anyway I contacted NECA's customer support through their website about these issues since I've heard NECA is typically very good about resolving QC issues. However, they informed me that they would NOT be able to provide any replacement parts/figures for these limited run figures. And the best they could do was offer a refund (excluding shipping) if I sent the figures back... With no way of getting another set.

Then I posted about this on Reddit just to inform others who might have issues with their sets. Someone there suggested I contact NECA's customer support twitter instead. They also had a similar issue with another figure where the customer service from their website said nothing could be done, but then they contacted the cs twitter and got a replacement figure for their issue.

So I tried the same thing.. But the customer support twitter also said that no parts or replacements were available at all with the limited run figures... But at least the twitter page offered me a partial refund of $15. So at least that's... something.

I'm really disappointed.. It really surprised me that a company with an apparent history of good QC resolution wouldn't order a small batch of these figures for themselves in case of QC errors. I'm not here to trash NECA. Other than my unfortunate issues these figures are very well done. And I know Mattel/Hasbro aren't any better with QC resolution from what I've heard.. It's just really disheartening that NECA does have replacements available to their standard figures but not the limited window figures when there is no other way of obtaining them past the pre order window.

So I guess this is more of a buyer beware PSA for people considering ordering any more of NECA's future order on demand releases. Or order two of each item just in case.... but also that's not a great solution for people who work hard to be able to justify purchasing one copy of each item. Or hopefully something like this will push them to have small batches of the limited run figures for themselves as a safety measure for potential QC errors.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Re: NECA will not be offering replacement parts/figures for QC issues of the limited run figures

Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:45 pm

riptheveins wrote: It really surprised me that a company with an apparent history of good QC resolution
That's definitely not something I've ever heard about from NECA. And I've definitely, definitely never experienced good CS from them myself.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: NECA will not be offering replacement parts/figures for QC issues of the limited run figures

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:05 pm

I definitely used to hear good things about their CS, even with some of the TMNT con exclusives before retail they were replacing parts and figures. I don't hear the same things anymore and it feels like they either decided it was too expensive to fix their mistakes or they're spread way too thin with their current retail agreements.

That's also some pretty terrible business practices on their end if they're only making exactly the amount that was ordered on these limited-run figures. For one, it actually sounds like BS as factories typically don't take orders right down to a single unit, they're usually a bulk amount. Even if that's the case though, it's pretty dumb on their part to assume there would be no QC issues and not have stock available to address such concerns. I guess everyone has to just cross their fingers and hope for the best. And definitely let the world know if you get a dud, because if these issues are more widespread the company will be forced to act.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:15 pm

Just sell it for 5x the price as a rare variant? I am guessing they got 11810 orderd and produced 11810 units, which is definitely poor planning, but is what it is. Seems Super 7 has the same issue with their made to order stuff.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:32 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:45 pm
riptheveins wrote: It really surprised me that a company with an apparent history of good QC resolution
That's definitely not something I've ever heard about from NECA. And I've definitely, definitely never experienced good CS from them myself.
Speak for yourself I guess, they've always been extremely helpful on the few times I've needed to hit them up.

As for the whole issue at hand, that's the unfortunate side effect of made to order stuff.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 am

Detrimental_Fig wrote:Speak for yourself I guess
Isn't that like... exactly what I did?
Krunomo
HULK SMASH!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:32 am

This is really dissapointing. I am still waiting for mine to ship. Hopefully mine doesn't have any major issues. I wonder if someone out there has one with two left arms ...
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:43 am

That seems probable if they only made the amount ordered. That'd be extremely interesting if you could match them up somehow...
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:16 am

citysushi wrote:
Just sell it for 5x the price as a rare variant? I am guessing they got 11810 orderd and produced 11810 units, which is definitely poor planning, but is what it is. Seems Super 7 has the same issue with their made to order stuff.
That’s not what Super7 does. They order more than what consumers buy so they have replacements on hand. The risk in ordering their stuff comes from 3rd parties as they reserve their replacements for consumers who buy direct first before those who buy from a third party.
smallvillefan
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:49 am

:o man that really sucks!!! sorry that happened to you.

it's issues like this that are pushing me to give up collecting all modern toy lines and just stick to Vintage toy collecting. if it's not QC issues it's instant sell out due to bots, or incompetent/outdated websites (looking at you WM and Target), infinite exclusives, shipping issues (looking at you FedEx), poor customer service, etc. man, toy collecting was never this damn frustrating. and I've been in the game since the 80s.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Misfit wrote:
citysushi wrote:
That’s not what Super7 does. They order more than what consumers buy so they have replacements on hand. The risk in ordering their stuff comes from 3rd parties as they reserve their replacements for consumers who buy direct first before those who buy from a third party.
Should be no difference where you buy it. Super7 makes money regardless and should offer support for all customers equally.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:29 pm

citysushi wrote:
Misfit wrote:
citysushi wrote:
Should be no difference where you buy it. Super7 makes money regardless and should offer support for all customers equally.
They probably tell BBTS and other outlets to order extra so they can handle returns, and they either don't order enough or choose not to take that advice. We had posters here who were able to get replacement parts/figures through Super7 even though they ordered elsewhere, it was just more of a hassle than it could have been.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:13 pm

I had a broken Gremlin, which I got from a specialty shop, so taking it back for an exchange was not an option.

Three months, contacting them on all forms of contact, no resolution.
BigYojimbo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:19 pm

citysushi wrote:
Misfit wrote:
citysushi wrote:
Mezco does the same thing. If you buy direct from them they will take care of any issues you have, but if you bought their figure through a different vendor they will tell you to deal with them.

I recently had an issue with a fig I got through Bluefin and they're taking care of it for me, but I don't know if they'd do the same thing if I bought through someone else.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Bluefin will support as you bought the bluefin version and not japan release.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”