Mezco: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1938
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Mezco: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Looks like another line of TMNT figures is heading our way...

Image
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 pm

If they make Bebop and Rocksteady I'd buy them, cause I love those lugs, but yeah, huge pass. I like Mezco, but the price is a huge turn off, and there's nothing they could do that I'm not getting from NECA and Super7 at this point.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:30 pm

I have the (unpopular) opinion that Mezco is straight trash, plus the turtles market is already flooded to the point of bursting.
User avatar
Riddick
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:02 am

I love Mezco and I'd love to see what they're doing but I just hope it's not the giant headed line they make. I have no interest in those.
User avatar
BigYojimbo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:59 am

If I had to guess what these will be, I'm guessing movie Turtles with faux-leather and cloth bandanas (plastic for the wrap-around) with metal weapons and a ton of accessories that they've already created for all the different Gomez figures. I'll also guess a 4 pack similar to the Ghostbusters.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:59 am

Or just more 5 points of articulation figures.
User avatar
Riddick
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:35 am

Romaji wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:59 am
Or just more 5 points of articulation figures.
I forgot about those, you might just be right.
User avatar
BigYojimbo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:00 am

That would be redundant with Super7 already doing something similar, but if that's the case I get to save some cash.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 am

Not sure what to expect from all of this. I'm not a huge fan of Mezco or the way they do things, so I'm not holding my breath that it'll be anything I'm interested in. But I would have said the same thing just a few weeks ago with Super7 before I saw what a nice turnaround they were capable of.
User avatar
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 am

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 am

The only way Mezco has a chance of getting my money for TMNT stuff is if they make either 2003 or IDW Turtles.
User avatar
Astrophro
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 am

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 am

Since this image was posted as a wrap-up of their fall reveals, I'm not sure it actually means anything; just a fun little NY joke. That said, I'm a sucker for Mezco One:12 and TMNT, and I can imagine them making awesome figures in a style that sets them apart from NECA and Super7.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Raptor86
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Amsterdam, NL (From Italy)
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:57 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 am
The only way Mezco has a chance of getting my money for TMNT stuff is if they make either 2003 or IDW Turtles.
IDW turtles, please
Image
User avatar
Scud
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 4429
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:02 am

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Astrophro wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 am
Since this image was posted as a wrap-up of their fall reveals, I'm not sure it actually means anything; just a fun little NY joke. That said, I'm a sucker for Mezco One:12 and TMNT, and I can imagine them making awesome figures in a style that sets them apart from NECA and Super7.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
When you are a company that makes licensed collectibles that isn't something you would put on any imagery or advertising in an official capacity just for fun.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17244
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 pm

Scud wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 pm
Astrophro wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 am
Since this image was posted as a wrap-up of their fall reveals, I'm not sure it actually means anything; just a fun little NY joke. That said, I'm a sucker for Mezco One:12 and TMNT, and I can imagine them making awesome figures in a style that sets them apart from NECA and Super7.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
When you are a company that makes licensed collectibles that isn't something you would put on any imagery or advertising in an official capacity just for fun.
There is nothing there that SAYS TMNT. It's a green hand coming from a manhole cover & a piece of pizza. It's a "NYCC wrap up", and NYC is a big part of the turtle lore. It could easily be an in joke.
That said, them showing this does NOT mean it's One:12. Just like I said in the general Mezco thread. This could be LDD, their deformed figure, or their 5 point line.
User avatar
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1864
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Mezco Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:41 pm

*If* this is a One:12 tease, all that could get me to bite would be original designs. I'd kill for something like the DreamEx TMNT in 1/12:

Image

The gritty, punk look of these figures is too cool, and Mezco's trademark flair would fit it well. But, considering I have (almost) all the NECA movie stuff, no patience for Super 7, and no interest in the cartoon figures...I'm probably good.

Not to mention that of all the TMNT characters that would best suit Mezco's style (Casey Jones, April, Shredder, etc), the turtles themselves rank dead last.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”