Funko: TMNT

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Ultimate Phoenix
Jean Grey with a Goatee
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Funko: TMNT

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:02 pm

not sure if there's an audience for this stuff here, but these guys were revealed today:
TMNT Movie Series:
Specialty Series April O'Neil:

I am not typically a collector of Funko POP! stuff, but I am a collector of April O'Neil stuff, so I went ahead and broke my POP! rule lol. super happy to see April getting some love these days - there's been a derth of April product for several years; but now all of a sudden we have NECA animated shipping now, Super7 coming next year, NECA '90 movie in the works, a new POP!....if we get a Secret of the Ooze April and Turtles In Time April, I will be happy forever!
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: New TMNT Movie Funko POP! + Specialty April

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Ultimate Phoenix wrote:not sure if there's an audience for this stuff here, but these guys were revealed today:
TMNT Movie Series:

I am not typically a collector of Funko POP! stuff, but I am a collector of April O'Neil stuff, so I went ahead and broke my POP! rule lol. super happy to see April getting some love these days - there's been a derth of April product for several years; but now all of a sudden we have NECA animated shipping now, Super7 coming next year, NECA '90 movie in the works, a new POP!....if we get a Secret of the Ooze April and Turtles In Time April, I will be happy forever!
I can't tell if that is an actual Funko Pop April you have posted orrrrrr.....Neca's cartoon version.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Astrophro
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:37 am

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Ultimate Phoenix wrote:not sure if there's an audience for this stuff here, but these guys were revealed today:
TMNT Movie Series:

I can't tell if that is an actual Funko Pop April you have posted orrrrrr.....Neca's cartoon version.

HEY-O!! *duh-dum-chhhhhh*

I'm totally in for these. We are an action figures and Pop figures household. I was thinking, maybe they couldn't get Judith Hoag's likeness rights so they just tossed in a cartoon April? But then I thought: do they even need to get likeness rights for Pop figures?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:46 am

Astrophro wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
TMNT Movie Series:

HEY-O!! *duh-dum-chhhhhh*

I'm totally in for these. We are an action figures and Pop figures household. I was thinking, maybe they couldn't get Judith Hoag's likeness rights so they just tossed in a cartoon April? But then I thought: do they even need to get likeness rights for Pop figures?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
They do not need likeness rights. It is why there are Pops for so many properties that don't have action figures. They only need rights for the general property.

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:55 am

If this was 2019, Funko would absolutely have made everyone, including Judith Hoag and Tatsu and some random Foot Soldier that was in one 2 second scene and four variations of each turtle.

But Covid hit Funko especially hard, so they have massively scaled back. They cancelled some product and moved more to 2021, plus laid off a sizable portion of staff. Stores are where they primarily sell, especially Hot Topic and GameStop and other mall stores, so those stores just not ordering due to closures hit them hard.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 pm

I'm fairly certain I have a toon Pop April, so I'm hoping I don't need that one (rerelease, hopefully?), but they're in storage, so I can't be sure at the moment, and BBTS pre-sold out before I even got the e-mail. :|

Still need toon Casey, I know that much.
Ultimate Phoenix
Jean Grey with a Goatee

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:00 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 pm
I'm fairly certain I have a toon Pop April, so I'm hoping I don't need that one (rerelease, hopefully?), but they're in storage, so I can't be sure at the moment, and BBTS pre-sold out before I even got the e-mail. :|

Still need toon Casey, I know that much.
there is and existing toon April Pop, but she's impossible to obtain now and rendered in their earlier, more simplistic style. this one is brand new and a bit more detailed - I'd be happy to have both Aprils, tbh lol, but I'll survive with just this new one!

BBTS was out of stock on April within an hour of the email being sent out - lame - so I had to go through BigAppleCollectibles. Seen 'em advertised many places but never actually ordered from them. hope they'll be good for it! lol
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Well, rats.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”