NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
useasneeded4pain
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Prospects for new NECA Mirage stuff?

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Aleks wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 pm
I hope they are smart enough to re-release original turtles at least.
We'll see a Turtle re-release at minimum, and maybe even new sculpts because the originals are ~15 years old now.

Like you said, the demand is there, so there's no way they don't start a "new" line without the Turtles themselves included.
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

I really think we are getting the green & yellow Mirage Aprils tho. I really don't think that was a goof on the visual guide, although its not that exciting. After those, I'd really like to see a mirage Casey & Leatherhead. I wouldn't be surprised to also see some Mirage Triceratons. Not many mutants in the original comics, so I think its a little limited.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Definitely excited for the return of Mirage figures. I need re-releases of April, Shredder, and the Foot. I was not collecting at the time and missed them. Not that I had much chance at the NYCC exclusives anyway.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:52 pm

Need Pigeon Pete from IDW.
chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 am

MikeTRobot wrote:I really think we are getting the green & yellow Mirage Aprils tho. I really don't think that was a goof on the visual guide, although its not that exciting. After those, I'd really like to see a mirage Casey & Leatherhead. I wouldn't be surprised to also see some Mirage Triceratons. Not many mutants in the original comics, so I think its a little limited.
Agreed. I'm crossing my fingers for the yellow April, because I would rather get that mold again than the current toon one. I passed on that 2 pack entirely. Karai and an Utrom suit need to happen too. An articulated Fugitoid would be amazing, but the Vac metal statue works for me for now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:42 am

MikeTRobot wrote:
I really think we are getting the green & yellow Mirage Aprils tho. I really don't think that was a goof on the visual guide, although its not that exciting.
Now that you say that...blue April & the Mouser pack weren't on that checklist. You could say that's because they were con exclusives only, but so was the Foot set. But THAT was on there...

Hmmm......
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:46 am

TENIME_art wrote:
MikeTRobot wrote:
I really think we are getting the green & yellow Mirage Aprils tho. I really don't think that was a goof on the visual guide, although its not that exciting.
Now that you say that...blue April & the Mouser pack weren't on that checklist. You could say that's because they were con exclusives only, but so was the Foot set. But THAT was on there...

Hmmm......
The black and white tmnt figs were there on the checklist too and those were con exclusives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:49 pm

panther10 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:46 am
TENIME_art wrote:
MikeTRobot wrote:

Hmmm......
The black and white tmnt figs were there on the checklist too and those were con exclusives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every other visual guide had a reveal on it and I think the rest of the new Mirage stuff might not be ready enough to show, so they just teased those unreleased Aprils will finally come out. NECA loves to release stuff years after we thought it would never come out. But i'm not sure how they will be released, maybe the yellow and green Aprils will be loot crate exclusives?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 pm

I’m expecting an April as a Loot Crate, and hoping she still comes with Mousers (though if they’re doing a bonus figure again, making it 4 Mousers wouldn’t bother me). We’ll probably see more Mirage at Toy Fair since it’s being solicited to online and comic shops. Looks like, based on the arcade release schedule, the first Mirage releases will either be summer or Q3. It’ll be interesting to see if they jump right into new stuff, or if they first do re-releases.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:22 pm

More Mirage figures coming soon, this year. I hope that we get Bloodsucker, Terrorpin, & Pimiko.
Raptor86
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:09 pm

citysushi wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:52 pm
Need Pigeon Pete from IDW.
Need everyone from IDW.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:09 pm

I was just super excited to hear Veebs & Trevor talk about Archie, and Trevor wanting to do it, even if it isn't necessarily in the license yet.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:50 pm

Awww yeah! Very excited for the news about new Mirage stuff. Plenty of things I’d like to see from the books, but I really, really hope they finally release Turtles from around the time of the Leonardo One Shot. Bulkier, with longer headbands, no ties on the belts, and straps for Leonardo.

Seems like all the Mirage product focuses on the first appearance look, but to me those slightly later versions are the definitive looks for the Turtles. The Mondo ones were awesome, but I’m really hoping we finally get these looks in a more manageable scale.
BigYojimbo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:36 am

Yeah, I definitely hope NECA moves on to different looks for the turtles. The first appearance look has been done, let's see something that matches the issues after. My ideal want would be the way they looked on the issue #4 cover, but that's probably my nostalgia from playing the NES game with that cover on it too.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:45 am

If the molds for those first ones WERE stolen, they will have to be redone anyway, so they might as well give us a different look to maximize interest from even those that have any of the first 3 releases.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”