NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Prospects for new NECA Mirage stuff?

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:44 pm

I listened to the newest interview with Trevor of NECA via the Yes, Have Some podcast and he stated that after the next round of video game releases (Baxter, Pirate Bebop and Rocksteady) NECA is turning to the comics with new figures. He did not mention anything about reissuing the old figures. Looks like those hoping for some new Mirage stuff in 2021 will get their wish.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:29 pm

I'd prefer the Archie comics to the Mirage stuff, but I like the new direction!
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:49 pm

Psychography wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:29 pm
I'd prefer the Archie comics to the Mirage stuff, but I like the new direction!
I kinda agree there, but I'll take any comics stuff. I'm enjoying all 3 of the main TMNT comic lines (Mirage, Archie, IDW). Looking forward to getting that Forever War finale to the Archie comics next year.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:46 pm

Is it next year? Because I've seen 2017, then 2018, then June 2020...
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:17 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:46 pm
Is it next year? Because I've seen 2017, then 2018, then June 2020...
He's hoping to have part 4 done by the end of the year, and says March-May 2021 to have it fully complete.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:31 pm

A Mirage Leatherhead would make my so very happy.
dagodfather
Is Gonna Make You An Offer...

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Question for the experts on Mirage comics. So I recently purchased the color version books for Mirage TMnt original comics. I noticed that shredder and the foot wear black/dark blue outfits. My question is, why did Neca make the figures in Maroon outfits instead. Secondly, which issues did the elite foot and the headband wearing ninjas appear in? Or were these looks made up?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Not sure on why the color change. I believe the red and tan combo is what Eastman and Laird intended or preferred and there are versions where they are colored in such a fashion. I don't know if it was always intended to be that combo, or if they simply changed their mind.

The Foot Elite first shows up in the Leonardo one-shot. They show up again in later issues when the Foot Clan is re-introduced as they war with Karai over leadership over the Foot. As far as I know, the headband look never appeared in the original comics. There is one sporting a headband on the cover to City at War #3, but I didn't see one in the book. My guess is it's a bit of a nod towards the movie Foot and was just a way to make the figures look different to give collectors more bang for their buck. There may have been other Mirage artists who utilized it though here and there.
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:08 pm

dagodfather wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:20 pm
Question for the experts on Mirage comics. So I recently purchased the color version books for Mirage TMnt original comics. I noticed that shredder and the foot wear black/dark blue outfits. My question is, why did Neca make the figures in Maroon outfits instead. Secondly, which issues did the elite foot and the headband wearing ninjas appear in? Or were these looks made up?
I think the first colorized look is the red/grey look, and that carried through to most merch when that appeared (Sideshow, Playmates, NECA, etc). But I also noticed a lot of the blue stuff showing up too, I think that's for the recolors, but I'll be damned if I can guess what the reasoning is.

I picked this up at a Half Price Books last week and they have the red and gray color scheme on it too:
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 pm

If I get a Leo Micro style leonardo with red and blue swappable heads, I will never need another Leonardo figure again and can truly die happy. Already have the Mondo figure and it's basically perfect; shrink it down or do something like it and we're gold.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:45 am

My memory is not 11 years ago good, but I went with gray/lavender for some reason:

Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 pm

There's a lot of people that want that line. Unfortunately, getting NECA Mirage Turtles is extremely hard now, because they are too expensive. I hope they are smart enough to re-release original turtles at least.
chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:51 pm

I'm hoping for new turtle sculpts (issue 10ish or Lawson Styled). If you want the OG figs the bootlegs are fantastic, cheap and easy to find. I know they are a grey area buying bootlegs, but the original line came out 12 years ago. I sold off my OG ones and bought a set of the bootleg ones. No regrets here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:29 pm

chris350 wrote:
I'm hoping for new turtle sculpts (issue 10ish or Lawson Styled). If you want the OG figs the bootlegs are fantastic, cheap and easy to find. I know they are a grey area buying bootlegs, but the original line came out 12 years ago. I sold off my OG ones and bought a set of the bootleg ones. No regrets here.

I THINK the old molds were stolen, hence all the bootlegging, but that would certainly give them a reason to do new Mirage TMNT. I think it'd be pretty neat to see a different style on them.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:37 pm

chris350 wrote:

I have two OG turtles (singles with stands). Bought them a long time ago. Even after 12 years they still looks amazing. I was tempted to buy bootlegs, but couldn't. The latest versions just look bad. Maybe the first versions of these bootlegs were good enough. But judging by the latest reviews, the quality has dropped even lower.

It'd be good to see a new Mirage Turtle sculpts. At least something. I just hope we get another chance to buy comic turtles as well. New\old, don't care. Not just "other characters".

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”