NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:44 pm

So, there was a tidbit around SDCC that indicated NECA might revisit Mirage figures at some point in the future. Given that they've torn through most of the 87 cartoon and 90 film characters at this point, it makes sense they'd go back to that material. The other options might be IDW figures, 03 cartoon figures or original action figure styled figures, but the latter is being serviced by Super 7 and the other two might have limited popularity. I suppose Archie comics stuff could also be intriguing.

I, however, personally hope they do go back to the Mirage stuff. I've always wanted that Shredder, but it's been cost prohibitive for as long as I can recall. There are also tons of characters they haven't touched yet that would make excellent fodder for a new series. So, if they were to journey back into this realm, what would you be hoping for?

My picks, assuming they keep with the two pack style:

- Leonardo & Baxter (Leo has the circa Leo one shot look with a slightly bulkier body, longer headband and chest strap)
- Donatello & Kirby (Donnie also with the later Mirage look, circa issue #10), April in leather jacket and jeans
- Michelangelo & Shredder (Mikey also in circa Issue #10 look)
- Raphael & Fugitoid (Raph in Issue #10 look)
- Shredder & Foot Soldier
- Splinter & Zog
- Casey Jones & Utrom
- - Shredder Elite & April (April in Leather Jacket)
- Christmas Mikey & Klunk Store Exclusive Two Pack with some alluring accessory like cartoon colored mask heads for Leo, Donnie, and Mikey
- Farmhouse Convention Exclusive Pack

Many others as well, but I think I'd grab everything above if offered (and findable).
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Prospects for new NECA Mirage stuff?

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:56 pm

I completely missed the Mirage stuff they did, so I'd be down to get those. A few more foot soldier variants (the NYCC set), some very different looking turtles they can release at least twice, once with all red bandanas, and again with the more common red/blue/purple/orange ones.
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:03 pm

I recently received a set of the mirage turtles(KO), and I would like to fill out this corner of my collection. Unfortunately, I don’t really have any background with the source material. Any character pictures posted here would be helpful with the different character looks.
Romaji
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm

Jcmmavsfan wrote:
I recently received a set of the mirage turtles(KO), and I would like to fill out this corner of my collection. Unfortunately, I don’t really have any background with the source material. Any character pictures posted here would be helpful with the different character looks.
Are the KOs any good, and you have a link to get them? Do they have all red or colored?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

I have the colored headbands L/D/M KOs, and they're almost the exact same quality as my NECA red headbands. One or two hips or ankles are a tad looser than NECA's, but I never had an issue with them on display. I obviously saw no reason to get a KO Raph, lol. Though, seeing them in this lighting, I notice that all the KOs have a slightly different skin tone, so he matches his NECA mates, but not these guys. Oh well, still seems pointless to have one when I have the original.

I don't have a link, because I just checked my eBay purchase from a few years ago when I got them, and the seller is no longer registered, but they were cheap (I think $36 for the three of them?), and arrived quickly.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:22 pm

It seems like there’s interest on NECA’s part, but I wonder if those new Playmates Mirage Turtles throw a wrench into things?
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm

Misfit wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:22 pm
It seems like there’s interest on NECA’s part, but I wonder if those new Playmates Mirage Turtles throw a wrench into things?
Ugh, I hope not. I'll take them from any company as long as they're good, but those playmates figures are the laziest, least inspired Mirage figures any company could possibly make.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:52 pm

If Playmates absolutely must make more Mirage figures, could they at least dig up these molds: https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pla ... igure_line

In a weird way, those are actually kind of closer to what I actually want than anything NECA has done with the Mirage stuff. Just make those, dudes.
ChrisLyne
Super Poseable

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 pm

Nothing since that pre SDCC tease but man I hope so!
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:30 pm

Romaji wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Are the KOs any good, and you have a link to get them? Do they have all red or colored?
They are very good. All of the joints are tight and the paint apps are great. I got them (all 4 withe the red bandannas) off of eBay a few months ago for $40 plus shipping.
kingkahn
Super Poseable

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:44 am

I have all the neca mirage stuff and if they released the turtles again today I would buy them all in a cocaine heartbeat. They are still the centerpiece of my tmnt collection.
kingkahn
Super Poseable

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:45 am

I am hoping the repaint the toon casey in more mirage appropriate deco.

I know randy said we may get more mirage inspired figures in future loot crate offerings like the soon to be shipped shredder.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:24 pm

MisplacedProjectile wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:52 pm
If Playmates absolutely must make more Mirage figures, could they at least dig up these molds: https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pla ... igure_line

In a weird way, those are actually kind of closer to what I actually want than anything NECA has done with the Mirage stuff. Just make those, dudes.
Those look like early versions of the "elite" collector bodies we eventually got with the movie, cartoon and now Mirage inspired sets. Those have better heads and belts though.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:43 pm

While I absolutely want new/unique characters in this space, I also really want a set of Eastman art Turtles. That is a look I absolutely need on my shelf.
Rogers1938
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:09 pm

I would love for NECA to go deep into the mirage line. I know from interviews with Pixel Dan that Randy shared that international market is the hard part with the Mirage line. Its the fact that the Turtles all have the same color bandanna that creates confusion and it seemed less interest. Its weird that after all these years folks still don't know that the colors were a later addition.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”