NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Loot Crate Series

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:20 pm

useasneeded4pain wrote:I had a Marvel Loot Crate a few years ago that was definitely all junk, but I've been really happy with the TMNT ones so far. I've liked most of the shirts, and the extra accessories like the Turtles in Time TV and cartoon wanted posters have been nice.
Yeah, thus far the turtle stuff has been interesting and is stuff that either enhances a display (like the tv and wanted posters) or stuff others would take off your hands (like the pins, shirts, etc).

People need to stop being angry at this stuff and see it for what it is, an anvenue to release figures that otherwise would never make it to retail.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:03 pm

The Made To Order Lootcrates are definitely better than their regular subscription boxes. I can understand them charging more given that they're fulfilling on people's want for one-off characters that obviously aren't going to sell well or be very marketable to the mainstream. I paid $60 for Spirit of Splinter when he came out purposely to avoid having to track it down later, and assumed if I got it and didn't like it I could likely offload it and get most of my money back. I don't know that Danny or any others from this series will fetch $300+ on the open market, but paying $50 bucks for a figure that would otherwise likely not be made for $30, getting some extras AND not having to pay a scalper later is a small price to pay. Plus let's be honest, it's better than them flat out ending a line we like and moving on to other movie properties we may not want anything from.

Heaven help me if NECA ever does anything from the first Jurassic Park film. Thus far the current toys have not made me want anything yet, but with NECAs level of detail I'm fortunate not to have that property to drain my wallet further.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:22 am

NECA owns LootCrate now. Having it be successful is in their best interest, even if the execution isn’t your cup of tea. TMNT crates are some of, if not their most successful crates. Plus, Trevor is overseeing the contents this year, so I promise, it will be as good as it can be within the budget confines. He knows and cares more about TMNT than anyone, so even if you don’t like it, they are going to be the best they can be.

They are not going to let an acquisition like this go under, so expect these to be a part of the line for the foreseeable future.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:45 am

I've only seen that one interview you had with Trevor, but that alone makes me trust him. :)
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:55 am

Shredder is coming into focus.Image
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:09 am

So is C Shredder all black like that except the shoulders? I haven't gotten that far in the comics yet.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:15 am

I got an email from Lootcrate stating the following:

"This crate is going fast. We expect it to sell out in a matter of days. Once it’s gone, it’s gone forever. Sign up for the 4-crate plan now to secure your spot for these exclusive figures and more!"

Could be true considering Danny sold out, could be marketing... But I wanted to give folks another heads up just in case.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:17 am

They using FOMO to market it.

It's an effective strategy.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:13 am

Aren’t there only 5 days or so left to order anyway? I’m sure they’re selling pretty well, but they may have been planning this “almost sold out” bit from the beginning.
Merso
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:53 am

VeeBee wrote:NECA owns LootCrate now. Having it be successful is in their best interest, even if the execution isn’t your cup of tea. TMNT crates are some of, if not their most successful crates. Plus, Trevor is overseeing the contents this year, so I promise, it will be as good as it can be within the budget confines. He knows and cares more about TMNT than anyone, so even if you don’t like it, they are going to be the best they can be.

They are not going to let an acquisition like this go under, so expect these to be a part of the line for the foreseeable future.
I know all this. I just said I don't like the model and that I'm disappointed it was implemented. We can agree to disagree.

For the record I have nothing against Trevor at all, I even consider him a friend (I hope it's mutual). And I absolutely love the line.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:17 am

Looks like the 4-crate + Bonus option sold out too.
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:50 am

I had the TMNT Arcade set in my cart. Once I entered my account address, it said the series was sold out? Wasn't the deadline next week?
mattmurdog
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:08 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:50 am
I had the TMNT Arcade set in my cart. Once I entered my account address, it said the series was sold out? Wasn't the deadline next week?
Who wants to start a bet that NECA brings these back for a second go (cancellations or otherwise)? Didn't that happen with the Spirit of Splinter crates?

Also does anyone know the actual/rough number of crates that were sold in series 1? I am sure someone more informed can tell me what the threshold is for an item to go from a collectible to something mass market. Isn't it something like once it goes over 8k it's considered mass produced?
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:14 am

Looks like all Loot Crates are now sold out. Hopefully everyone who wanted one placed their orders. Perhaps more will come in stock later due to cancelations or NECA adding more stock. I'm not sure if that happened last time or not.
CFFJR
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:22 am

I missed out. Not sure yet if I'm upset about it. There was plenty of time after all.

I've really been waffling about it, and I only wanted Armaggon and Dark Turtle. Figured there was still time left since only the movie set had sold out last I looked.

Guess it means I won't have to feel guilty about spending the money at least! :lol:

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”