NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Loot Crate Series

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:22 pm

FYI - for those still on the fence, Loot Crate is suggesting these may sell out before the ordering window expires, so they're either bluffing to drum up more sales or there is a limit on how many orders they'll accept.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:45 am

I have been working a ton of overtime and I am seriously debating buying a second just for a second Scrag.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm

Nebraska wrote:I have been working a ton of overtime and I am seriously debating buying a second just for a second Scrag.

Please do, so I can have someone to be overboard with.
smallvillefan
Super Poseable

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:58 am

Finally got my bonus Splinter crate. :P
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:48 pm

It appears as thought the movie Loot Crate (the one with Danny) has sold out. You can still get it if you purchase all four with the bonus figure, but the single loot crate is now greyed out.

In that case, folks still on the fence for the other crates may want to put in an order in case the rest sell out too.
Merso
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:19 am

christianpyro wrote:It appears as thought the movie Loot Crate (the one with Danny) has sold out. You can still get it if you purchase all four with the bonus figure, but the single loot crate is now greyed out.

In that case, folks still on the fence for the other crates may want to put in an order in case the rest sell out too.
Wow, you're not wrong. I wanted a Danny (Dan?) figure but was so put off by having to buy a crate (I hate the whole idea of loot crate) that I kept putting off my decision to get one. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Very disappointed in NECA for pulling this stunt.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:24 am

With the stimulus hitting a lot of bank accounts today, I expect the remaining crates will sell out pretty quick.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 am

Well I went ahead and ordered a 2nd set. Hopefully I can recoup some of my cost on the extras I don't want.

weizie
CROM!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am

Merso wrote:
christianpyro wrote:It appears as thought the movie Loot Crate (the one with Danny) has sold out. You can still get it if you purchase all four with the bonus figure, but the single loot crate is now greyed out.

Wow, you're not wrong. I wanted a Danny (Dan?) figure but was so put off by having to buy a crate (I hate the whole idea of loot crate) that I kept putting off my decision to get one. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore.

What stunt? Offering a way to get more figures out there? The price is fine too, $25 figure, $15-$20 shirt, $5 in other randomness. And if you only want the figure, just sell the rest of the stuff.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:25 pm

Decided to finally bite on the Armaggon crate last night. He's really the only one I needed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

useasneeded4pain
Customized

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:06 pm

weizie wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am
And if you only want the figure, just sell the rest of the stuff.
Yep, I had no problem selling the Turtles in Time shirt for $30. A little extra work, but I easily recouped my costs for the stuff in the Crates I wanted to keep.
Mr. Yac
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 am
Well I went ahead and ordered a 2nd set. Hopefully I can recoup some of my cost on the extras I don't want.

i'll be shocked if you get stuck with any of them. $50 a figure is a given, but if you wanted i wouldn't be surprised if $100 was even remotely tough on you to pay for both subscriptions and keep the extra Scrag.
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Merso wrote:

It's not a stunt. They likely put aside a set amount for single releases and a set amount for bundles. The amount set aside for bundles is likely proportionate the amount of Scrag figures they plan to produce. Can't sell a bundle if all the Danny's sell out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:18 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 pm
Merso wrote:

It's not a stunt. They likely put aside a set amount for single releases and a set amount for bundles. The amount set aside for bundles is likely proportionate the amount of Scrag figures they plan to produce. Can't sell a bundle if all the Danny's sell out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I think he was talking about the whole concept of Lootcrates. Rather than sell us a $30 figure outright, we're asked to buy a box of junk for $50.
useasneeded4pain
Customized

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:30 pm

I had a Marvel Loot Crate a few years ago that was definitely all junk, but I've been really happy with the TMNT ones so far. I've liked most of the shirts, and the extra accessories like the Turtles in Time TV and cartoon wanted posters have been nice.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”