NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:24 pm

Slixta wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:47 am
Picked up my Lootcrate today (it was delivered a couple days ago).

Everything luckily arrived perfectly. Got the size I ordered and no damage to the figure's box.

Shredder is a little floppy, but that's because these joints weren't designed to support such bulky appendages. One of my claw arms was frozen, so I had to boil n pop it. It had so much extra flashing I had to trim, but now it works great.

I kinda love the Krang fanny pack, I doubt I'll ever use it, but it's such a cool looking piece.

Did anyone else notice that Shredder's box is labeled LC1 on the side? I hope this isn't a sign they plan to keep making figures for Lootcrate. It's been way too much of a fiasco for me to ever want to participate again.
I'm gonna guess that packaging with the "LC" detail was designed and set up long before Lootcrate ran into "the troubles." So that might just be from a future that isn't gonna happen now.

Or will. Who knows!
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:59 pm

I think it’s just that starting with fugitoid all the comic figures are numbered. So lootcrate gets separate numbering to not interfere with the regular release numbering since not everyone is going to get lootcrate. Would be annoying if fugitoid was 01 and mutant shredder was 02 and people missed the boat on the lootcrate. Time will tell if there will be a LC 02 or not.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:00 pm

Got my crate today, shirt was the right size, figure is great. Happy, happy all around. Claw Shredder's knees are a liiiiiittle floppy, but not enough that he won't stay standing or hold a pose. He wasn't my most anticipated figure by any stretch, but I will say he looks awesome and it's really fun having another wacky Mirage figure to the collection.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:14 pm

I got my crates yesterday. I really like the Claw Shredder. I really hope we get the other two clone Shredders, just not through Loot Crate. But that presents it's own set of problems for those who missed out on this initial Lootcrate.

And a clearer image from the 2003 Cartoon:

I gave the phanny pack to my kids, and they loved it. It pairs well with the Krang Beany.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:22 pm

I just received my crab Shredder Loot Crate and, well, who the hell are these shirts for? Giants? I got an XS and mine could fit a VW bug. I cannot imagine how big the XXXL must be!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:59 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:14 pm
I got my crates yesterday. I really like the Claw Shredder. I really hope we get the other two clone Shredders, just not through Loot Crate. But that presents it's own set of problems for those who missed out on this initial Lootcrate.

And a clearer image from the 2003 Cartoon:

I gave the phanny pack to my kids, and they loved it. It pairs well with the Krang Beany.
I wouldn't be surprised if the initial thought process was to do one clone this way and have it setup nicely for another Loot Crate down the line. Same with Scrag being the bonus figure who could give way to another member of Bebop and Rocksteady's gang. I'm hopeful they're done with Loot Crate, and if so, they can just do some of these missing characters as con exclusives, or if they insist on the "crate model," a one-off deal like the Pinball Crate from a year ago. Though as someone who has the figure, I'd be more than happy with a general release too or a NECA store exclusive. I like how the figure turned out, but Claw Shredder was always my least favorite of the trio.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:59 pm
or if they insist on the "crate model," a one-off deal like the Pinball Crate from a year ago
But NOT Walmart. :evil:
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 am

Hmmm... This at least gives me some hope that I may eventually may be able to get my hands on that Armaggon figure. I wasn't able to get an actual Loot Crate order in - and I haven't been too sad about that, given the situation with LC thus far - so I have to hope there is someone that ordered the series for one or two of the other figures that wants to offload their mutant Shark guy... but at least there now seems a realistic chance that the figure will still, in fact, ship.

That is assuming that Crate 2 does eventually ship out and didn't just disappear.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:45 am

PantherCult wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 am
Hmmm... This at least gives me some hope that I may eventually may be able to get my hands on that Armaggon figure. I wasn't able to get an actual Loot Crate order in - and I haven't been too sad about that, given the situation with LC thus far - so I have to hope there is someone that ordered the series for one or two of the other figures that wants to offload their mutant Shark guy... but at least there now seems a realistic chance that the figure will still, in fact, ship.

That is assuming that Crate 2 does eventually ship out and didn't just disappear.
If you're even more patient it's almost guaranteed he'll show up in the Archie line.
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm

I ordered two sets because I’m a sucker and wanted Human and Mutated Scraag. I ordered L and XL as I was on the keto diet 15 or so years ago when I ordered these. Glad to say I got a L and a XL. And I love the shirt probably more than the figure. Just hope they hold up after washing. They seem to run bigger than normal so I’ll probably wear the L for normal wear and the XL as a pajama shirt.

I actually like the fanny pack. I figure it might get at least one use for an amusement park trip.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:17 pm

SpiderHulkThing wrote:
15 or so years ago when I ordered these.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:01 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:17 pm
SpiderHulkThing wrote:
15 or so years ago when I ordered these.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I really think we've approached the 1 year anniversary of when we ordered these. If you think about it, it's really no different than a Haslab or those GI Joe Classified figures. Create 2 and 4 should be coming this month and/or next.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:17 pm

We’re well past a year. These went up for sale in February 2021. Crate 4 was supposed to ship November 2021.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Both of my crates arrived yesterday. Luckily, the shirts were the correct size so I don't have to deal with customer service again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:06 pm

Sample photo of the Dark Turtle (got this from a facebook group)

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”