NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:22 am

Misfit wrote: The way I see it, the extra “garbage” just helps to get less desirable figures out that probably wouldn’t get a chance otherwise. Of course, the flip-side to that argument is this brand is so hot right now it’s hard to come up with a figure that wouldn’t sell.
Exactly. Like.. there's no way a Danny figure released alone wouldn't sell.
Besides.. remember when that was the two-pack argument? Can't sell Danny alone? Put him with unmasked Casey in a two-pack.
Of course, that also used to be the argument for boxed sets -- boxed sets let us get figures they otherwise couldn't make.
At least with boxed sets and two-packs (which I still don't find preferable), toy collectors are buying sets of toys. Not sets of random nonsense that has nothing to do with toy collecting or action figures at all.

I think it's pretty obvious that the figures, in this case, are being used to drive sales on the big boxes of cheap junk, rather than 'they couldn't sell this figure any other way.' No way that Danny figure is being carried by all the people that actually only wanted to spend 50 dollars on 12 dollars worth of stickers, fridge magnets, and socks.

Ash Talon wrote: but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to flipping stuff I don't want. While it's not a ton of work, it just seems like an effort.
I literally can't even do it. The market for figures where I live basically doesn't exist. The market in Canada, in general, is fairly small - so even selling on eBay and stuff is a losing battle. And no one in the US wants to buy figures from Canada because shipping is so expensive. I'm watching Kickstarter Spawns selling on eBay for 200 USD and I can't sell mine locally for 100 CDN.

So I'm at the point where anything that requires me to buy 'extra' figures I don't want just -has- to be a 'no.' There's no way I ever come out even on those deals.
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:30 am

Danny was one of my, if not literally my, first crushes growing up. I haven't bought a single live action figure yet, but I would have bought Danny.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:18 am

There’s not a whole lot of movie figures they could still make for me. I jumped on the mystery 2pack mainly because I wouldn’t have to hunt for it as long as the preorder doesn’t get canceled. Could potentially fill my need for an April figure and unmasked Casey so I don’t need to hunt for the single releases. Just weird this pack is a preorder from Walmart but the figures we do know about they have nothing on them as far as availability.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:15 am

Correct the Danny figure isn't being carried by the random items. Its being carried by the other figures in the boxes. The toon line especially and bonus figure for getting all boxes.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

chris350
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:38 pm

First off i just wanna say that i get it that it sucks that you gotta pay for crap you dong want, but am I the only person looking forward to the other junk from the crates? I know its not ideal for exclusive figures, but having a bunch of themed stuff with the figure seems pretty cool. I thought that it was a fifty dollar figure thing until I saw what else came in the last set of crates. I passed on the figures but I was pretty jealous of the crate stuff. Turts are my bread and butter though.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:09 pm

I get excited for the random junk. It’s the mystery box excitement. It could be anything. It could even be a boat. It’s more about if it’s worth the money. A regular figure is about $25. If you want to consider it an exclusive you could bump the price up a little. So is the junk worth $25? Eh maybe. A tshirt or a hat could cost around $15-$20 on its own, but not necessarily be worth that.
Popoman
CROM?

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:02 pm

I like shirts. I'd pay $20 for a good graphic tee, so depending on what they give us it could be a decent deal or it could just be a bunch of garbage.

I like pins, stickers, and other small knick knacks. Anything too big is kind of useless to me.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:31 pm

I personally don’t look forward to the junk. I have way too many t-shirts as it is and the quality on these isn’t great. The lettering and print on both t-shirts I have is fading already and my Mondo shirt came with a busted seam in the hem. The long sleeve shirt has held up well though and I genuinely like it. Would I have bought it had it been sold by itself? Eh, probably not.

That’s how most of the stuff is for me. It’s not bad, but I probably wouldn’t have bought it if sold separately. The only item I really liked was the little TV in the arcade crate.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:36 pm

I like the better thought out items. I really didn’t like the first box because they came up with one graphic design and used it on three items. That’s lazy and not very creative.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:05 am

Maximoff wrote:I like the better thought out items. I really didn’t like the first box because they came up with one graphic design and used it on three items. That’s lazy and not very creative.
Facts.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Maximoff wrote:
It could be anything. It could even be a boat.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:02 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
It could be anything. It could even be a boat.
A regular quote in my everyday life. Even got the gf doing it. Glad I had a reason to bring it to the forums.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:41 pm

Weird that we haven't seen what Donny looks like yet...
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:03 am

When do any of these ship? Any chance they'll redo the first wave for folks who missed them?
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:58 am

citysushi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:03 am
When do any of these ship? Any chance they'll redo the first wave for folks who missed them?
Crate 1 is still slated for August. No chance on reissues.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”