NECA: TMNT Loot Crate Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
weizie
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA TMNT Loot Crate Series

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:13 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:I had the TMNT Arcade set in my cart. Once I entered my account address, it said the series was sold out? Wasn't the deadline next week?
Deadline us next week. It was stated that there was a deadline, but there was also a set amount. So you had until the deadline or when they sold out, whichever first.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:50 pm

Hah, I guess they weren’t bluffing! They did have some “spin the wheel” game going yesterday that could net you coupons, maybe that did it, or maybe not since I couldn’t seem to apply the one I got to a second round of crates (which I ultimately passed on as a result). Since they sold out before the cut off I would assume that’s it. The Splinter crate was excess that they upsold as a bonus for those willing to pay for it with the first series, I don’t see anything like that happening anytime soon. Good for them that they apparently sold them all. Hopefully the production process goes a little smoother this time and we get that first crate on-time.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:36 pm

I think it's wacky they have a closing date for the pre-sale of these and then sell out. Once they hit their minimum manufacturing order (and thus securing these happening), keep the orders open until the closing date. Made to order. It's not like these were in-stock and only had a set number available. Why wouldn't you want to sell more if you could?
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:52 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
I think it's wacky they have a closing date for the pre-sale of these and then sell out. Once they hit their minimum manufacturing order (and thus securing these happening), keep the orders open until the closing date. Made to order. It's not like these were in-stock and only had a set number available. Why wouldn't you want to sell more if you could?
Off the top of my head, I could think of a few possible reasons. I have no idea if they apply or not though.

1) Manufacturing thresholds. They've placed an order for a set number of figures, In order to make more they may need to commit to another large number of figures. I have no idea what the thresholds for NECA are, but in some of the industries I've worked with they required orders in the even thousand.

2) Time. They've allocated factory time for these. There may not be time to make more without pushing back other projects.

3) Artificial Scarcity. As long as these Loot Crates continue to hold their value, they'll continue to be desirable and sell out every time. If they overproduce them, then values will lower. They are setting things up for next years crates.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:30 pm

I just ordered mine yesterday. I was thinking I had more time and was procrastinating, but went ahead. Glad I did.
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Off the top of my head, I could think of a few possible reasons. I have no idea if they apply or not though.

1) Manufacturing thresholds. They've placed an order for a set number of figures, In order to make more they may need to commit to another large number of figures. I have no idea what the thresholds for NECA are, but in some of the industries I've worked with they required orders in the even thousand.

2) Time. They've allocated factory time for these. There may not be time to make more without pushing back other projects.

3) Artificial Scarcity. As long as these Loot Crates continue to hold their value, they'll continue to be desirable and sell out every time. If they overproduce them, then values will lower. They are setting things up for next years crates.
Also there is the fact that they don't just need to secure the figures, they need to secure all the other products in the crates. Different companies and factories that need to be scheduled together.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:02 pm

It was very unclear. I thought they meant supplies were limited to what was ordered by March 23 & "almost sold out" was a week's warning.
mattmurdog
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:19 am

I don't know what to tell people. It never occurred to me that these wouldn't sell out before the date. It was very clear that it was one or the other. I have no interest in crate 2 and 4 so they'll be up for grabs eventually... Maybe.
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:It was very unclear. I thought they meant supplies were limited to what was ordered by March 23 & "almost sold out" was a week's warning.
I mean.... seems pretty clear. They said almost sold out and you interpreted it as a week's warning. What else were they suppose to say?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:55 am

I was interpreting it based on the original deadline given. I thought these would be made to order like other pre-orders NECA did.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:02 am

If you really wanted them you would have panic bought them immediately out of fear of them selling out in 5 minutes.

Cause that’s how I feel anytime they put something up.
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:06 am

As soon as I buy Armaggon on eBay for triple the price, they're going to announce the Archie Comics version I wanted to begin with.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:02 am

Maximoff wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:02 am
If you really wanted them you would have panic bought them immediately out of fear of them selling out in 5 minutes.
Now this guy understands modern toy collecting.

Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:11 pm

I mean I remember there was some disclaimer that said they could sell out before the deadline.
AC_in_SD
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:41 pm

I had left a set of 4 in my cart. I tried to check out just now to see what would happen, and it seems to have worked! The charge went through for certain.

If you added to your cart and stopped there, it's worth a try.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”